Chapter 51

Seconds which he took to cover distance between him and Ritha slipped from his conscious mind to count, yet, most crucial for him. Splashing mixed fallen blood of Aelia and his love, he reached near Rithambara and without failing for a second, he inspected her unconscious body looking for injuries.

Removing her saree drapes, he found the source of bloody stream and his breath hitched seeing marred waist. Her skin was sliced open just few inches away from her spinal cord.
His face scrunched up imagining the pain his wife had to go through. His eyes misted up but the hour didn't demand emotions, it demanded sanity with courage.

    Rain of terror drenched farthest corner of his heart and with numb mind and shaking fingers, he tore his red flowy cloak.

Tying it around her waist to stop the flow of blood, he scooped her up in his arms. One of his hands clutched her shoulder while other went under her knee and the task was performed so meticulously that Ritha's wound didn't get touched.

Not bothering about celebrations, he yelled at Aurelius to arrange for medicus (Latin word for doctor). He didn't have the courage to look at Ritha's ceased face fearing that his own knees would go weak. He didn't even know where he was going and it was Aurelius who canalized him through hallways to reach into a room.

        Since Augutstus was not even in his sane mind, Aurelius informed soldiers on his way about the dead body. It looked like eternity before Ritha was finally laid on the bed where a medicus was already present with various herbs and medical equipments.

       Bowing down at Augustus , who didn't bother to greet back, she began her inspection. The wound was deep but thankfully, it wasn't on her spine or else Ritha would have been paralysed. Cleaning her wounds using acidic vinegar ( it was highly used in Roman culture to clean wounds because of it's disinfectant qualities), she stitched the wound using bone needle and henceforth, applied a paste of honey, turmeric, thyme and fennel to avoid growth of bacteria.

    She opened her another wooden casket where she had kept an oral soup consisting of herbs like angelica, aniseed, speedwell and hyssop. Before she could ask Augustus for help, he was already by Ritha's side and opened her mouth ajar. Her unconscious frame took in all the content with help of Augustus and medicus.

(P. S. :-  all of these herbs were widely used to disinfect wounds and they worked wonders for nervous system)

After completing her task, she looked at Augustus and said, "Your highness! I've stitched the wounds and I would request you to give her spinach and beetroot juice on regular intervals as she has lost a lot of blood. I expect her to wake up after few hours. "

     Augustus's nod was more than enough to take it as a cue for the medicus to leave. Charismatic blanket of morning was thrown away and frightening quilt of night was spread. Till now, everyone was informed about Ritha's condition but no one dared to step into the room where Ritha was because of Augustus's instruction.

  Little Justus was crying hysterically for his mother but no body explained what happened to his mother.

           Looking at her wife's pale face, Augustus felt like his haunting past was mocking him. These foul games of destiny was the reason of his denial to marry any lady but now, his horrendous past royally repeated itself. Happiness was blossoming in his life but another hurricane destroyed it. His son was smiling these days and was experiencing blissfullness but now, their sunshine was struggling for her life.

      Slowly and gradually, his sorrow shaped into anger and his hands were aching to rip apart the fuckers who dared to touch her wife. He summoned Aurelius and asked him about any piece of information which he got regarding the matter but sadly, there was none.

   The dead body was scratched and injured beyond recognition. All the questions were mystery and apart from Ritha, nobody had the answers.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

       Since the lovers came in their room, non stop tears were streaming down  through Balbina's eyes thinking about Aelia's death. Moreover, it was she who tarnished her dead body. Her frame was shaking with guilt and tears.

Luca was holding her but at the same time, he was impatient. He knew that it was tough for Balbina to digest the fact that their mentor who was always there for them was no more. But the irony was they couldn't afford to mourn here. They had already done something stupid which was going to cost them heavily.

    Luca's face lost all it's colour when he heard doors of room being opened mercilessly. Even before he could stand up, a sharp slap was delivered on his face by the master. Even Balbina's teary eyes were now broad with horror seeing the anger leaking from Master eyes.

      On the other hand, Luca didn't know how to react and opened his mouth to speak, "Your high..."

   He wasn't able to complete his sentence when Master held his collar and made him stand up to face him.

" Who the hell told you to kill Augustus's wife? Everything was going according to the plan but you all had to mess it up. Isn't it You know how big of a loss it is for us? Stephano is there with the queen and she was waiting for all of you but guess what? You idiots decided to fool around." 

   Balbina and Luca were wise enough to not open there mouths and listened to it by hanging there head down.

    Fixing his glare on Balbina, Master spat, " and you! Get lost before anyone doubts. You're the most searched person right now in the ball room. I tried to divert there attention but it won't be long enough before they figure out."

    Forgetting about her hiccups, Balbina was fast enough to stand in her feet. When she was about to exit, master spoke, "change your clothes and mask. "

      Master spoke again and his words were enough for Luca's spine to chill, "Since Balbina can't meet the queen, you'll be personally escorted to her. "

Hope you guys are enjoying the story and if you think that it's worthy enough, then share it with your friends and why do you guys think that Balbina is most searched person?
😊😊

Vote

Follow

Comment