Chapter 15

During the night meal, all the royal members were present at the dining table and the tension in the air could be felt .

All the five sons of King Atticus were present and the look on the face of middle three sons was like that of a disgusted pig. Daggers were thrown at Ritha which she dodged by paying no attention to them. Octavia got more triggered as King Atticus scolded her husband on the dining table for his carelessness.

  Ritha was quite surprised with the behaviour of Augustus's brothers .The hate which they had for him was visible in their eyes but to be in the good books of King Atticus none of them uttered a single word. Finally, the torturous dinner was over and King Atticus left the dining table followed by Augustus .

No sooner did they leave, Felix stood up and went near Rithambara and barked in angry tone, " How dare you to talk in absurd way with my wife. Come back to reality, you are alone here. It's just a matter of few days and you will succumb under us. Even your husband will not support you because he still loves Valentina."

Ritha spoke in a very calm tone, "wolves move in pack, lion goes alone on the hunt. Time will tell who will succumb under whom and as far as my husband is concerned, you don't need to  bother whom he loves.Mind your own business. "

Saying that she went away without giving any time to Felix to retort back.
Marcus just smirked at his brothers who were clenching their jaws.

   After tucking Justus ,Ritha laid next to him. Events which happened whole day started playing before her eyes. Be it meeting Justus, her sister in laws, mysterious lady ,Marcus or Felix's words but at the end, seeing his little boy sleep in her arms, it felt all worthy. She tried to sleep and let all thoughts vanish from her mind as it was her wedding tomorrow .

  Augustus followed King Atticus to his room as he called him to discuss about kingdom. Atticus said, "something is wrong . Our collection from tax revenue is decreasing every month. Us being gone for around a year has worsened the matter and Felix has miserably looked after anything. Though Britain is still supporting King Victor but war could happen anytime and if this is the condition of our treasure then I'm afraid, we could not maintain our army's expenses. "

Augustus too was in deep thought and wanted to discuss one more thing which he noticed but decided against it as it will stress his father more. He said, " don't worry Father. I'm here and I will set everything right, have faith on me. "

King Atticus smiled at his son and said, "I'm proud of you Augustus . Even after facing so much in your life, you stand as a rock and your courage is worth admiring. Just trust me my son. I want the best for you , that's why I chose Rithambara for you. I talked with her and she promised me to support you , stand with you and you know how much she weighs her promise. In return, she asked only for  you to respect her. Well , to be more precised ,demanded . I know you loved Valentina with all your heart and it is not easy to let go of her memories. I will not even ask you to replace her from your heart but try to give Ritha new place in your heart. I know, your heart is very big and you will not disappoint me "

     Augustus just nodded at his father's words absentmindedly because memories of Valentina choked her .

              King Atticus kept his hand on Augustus's shoulder and said, " don't stress a lot and just go with the flow. "

Augustus took his leave to go and sleep but sleep was the last thing on his mind.

He woke up and went to Justus's room to check on him and hold him in his arms but the scene before him melted his heart

He woke up and went to Justus's room to check on him and hold him in his arms but the scene before him melted his heart. His little boy was snuggled close to his wife and she was holding him protectively in her arms. He just remembered Valentina's word, "give our son the best" and he was happy that he gave his son the best.

Joy was bursting all around Florence as finally their beloved prince was getting married. Elite and noble people from all across Italia were present to witness the wedding of Prince of Florence.

Augustus looked beyond amazing in his wedding attire. Marcus was his best man and Romeo was the ring bearer as boys of  age group 4-8 can only be ring bearers .

Justus didn't mind it a lot as he was too young and didn't know anything about wedding. He was happy by sleeping with his mother last night .
Augustus reached the altar and waited for his wife to arrive.

Here Rithambara was looking like a Roman bride in her white dress with golden belt and her face was covered with the veil

Here Rithambara was looking like a Roman bride in her white dress with golden belt and her face was covered with the veil . Olivia, Aurelius's wife alongwith Octavia, Tatiana and Flavia were her bridesmaid. Olivia was a very sweet lady whom Ritha liked instantly.

Here, all the three ladies were burning with jealousy and when Octavia was not able to contain herself ,she tried to step on Ritha's dress but Ritha being smart enough moved away swiftly . It startled Octavia and she fell back. Since Flavia and Tatiana were standing beside her, they both fell alongwith her making Olivia and other maids burst into laughter. Those three just glared at all of them and stood up with difficulty.

Finally, it was time for the bride to walk out to the altar. Since, Maharaj was not present in Florence ,Cato was the one who decided to walk with Ritha . When Cato entered in the room, he was mesmerized after seeing  Ritha . He couldn't form any words after seeing her in wedding gown.
Ritha smiled at him and took his hands in her to walk to the altar.

Everyone's head turned towards the bride when music started playing. Augustus looked at Ritha and could make out from her walk that she was not a bit nervous. She really walked like a queen wind though her face was covered with the veil, he could imagine her determined face. It was unlike his first wedding experience as Valentina was all flushed and nervous. Justus was trying to get out of the hold of king Atticus to reach till his mother as he didn't see her a lot from the morning.

Finally, she reached till altar and Cato gave her hands to Augustus and bowed to him. Augustus took hold of her hands and it was finally the time to read vows.

After the vows were completed and rings were exchanged, priest said, "With the approval of the Holy Father,  I pronounce you as husband and wife. Now, you can kiss the bride. "

Ritha froze at her place listening to priest's last sentence.

Author's Note
Heya guys! Hope you liked the update and if you do please hit the star button and comment your thoughts. What do you think is going to happen next? 🤔.❤❤