THIRTY-TWO

"OH MY GOODNESS, LOOK AT YOU! YOU'RE SO HANDSOME," Jimin's mom exclaimed, pulling Yoongi in for a hug. Yoongi could feel his face heating up a little bit as Jimin snickered from behind him. The younger shut the door behind them, and kicked his shoes off before hanging his coat up.

"Hi Mrs. Park," Yoongi replied, wrapping his arms around her in return. Mrs. Park smiled contently.

"You're tall too," she noted, pulling away from his slightly so she could get a better look at him. "I remember when you were just a little thing. You and Jimin, oh you both were so small an adorable,"

"Mum," Jimin whined, kissing her cheek. "Don't scare him away, I just got him back,"

"Oh you hush," she replied, playfully smacking him. Jimin made a face before disappearing into the kitchen. Yoongi was left standing with Mrs. Park in the front room of the apartment. She motioned for him to hand her his jacket. He slid it off silently, and passed it to her. She hung it up in the hall closet. "So how have you been lately? I spoke with your mother a while ago, she said you were studying music?"

"Yeah, Jimin and I are attending the same school," he explained.

"Oh really? That's fantastic! Do you enjoy music?"

"Very much," Yoongi replied. "It's what helped get me through high school. And it helped with the stutter," he added.

"Well I'm glad to hear that," she said, giving him a smile. "Yoongi?"

"Yes Mrs. Park?"

"He missed you,"

"Jimin?"

"Yes. He was very sad to leave. Wanted to drop out of the academy only after a few weeks because he knew he wouldn't be able to go back to the port the next summer. It was hard for him. He talked about you a lot, thought of you every minute of every day. It broke his heart to say goodbye. And now that he has you back..."

"I won't hurt him," Yoongi whispered. "He means the world to me,"

Mrs. Park smiled again. "Do you love my son Yoongi? Because I can tell you that he loves you very much. I can see it in the way he talks about you, how he fills pages of his sketchbook with your face, he doesn't need to say anything to me, I just know,"

Yoongi could feel his heartbeat skipping at those words, and his love for Jimin grow even more. He didn't think it was possible to love Jimin more than he already did, but his mother just proved him wrong.

"I love him very much," Yoongi whispered again, smiling slightly.

"Mmm, good. It's about time too. Now come on, Jimin's probably wondering where the hell we are. He might think you've run off on him again,"she teased, heading for the kitchen. Yoongi followed quietly after her, mumbling an almost inaudible,

"Never," under his breath as he went.

Jimin stood beside Yoongi at the counter washing dishes as the older dried them. Dinner had been a success. Jimin's mother told countless old stories of Jimin as a baby and when he was a teen. Jimin was red throughout most of it, totally embarrassed by them, while Yoongi laughed, and pinched his cheek and told him it was cute. Jimin at one point tried to bite him because of it. Yoongi only laughed harder and told him he was adorable. Yoongi shared a few stories from his youth, and told his mother all about his music and basketball. She asked what his plans were for the future and while he didn't know exactly what he wanted to do, he did mention an interest in producing music.