THIRTY-NINE

PAIN.

That was the first thing he felt upon opening his eyes.

Confusion.

That's what washed over him when he peered around the blinding white room. The sounds of a machine beeping in his ear made him cringe, and his nose scrunched up at the antiseptic smell.

Panic.

That's what laced the voice of the person who was hovering over him, blocking out the lights, and making him squint to see who it was.

"J-Jin?"

"Yoongi? Oh thank god, we were worried sick about you!" He tried to sit up, and winced as a sharp pain ran through his whole back. Two strong hands gripped his shoulders and gently pushed him back against the cot.

"Easy, Yoongi, just take it easy," a deeper voice said.

"Namjoon?"

"Yeah it's me," Yoongi blinked several times before his eyes finally focused on the man beside him. Namjoon was staring at him with concern in his eyes, looking for any sign of trouble. "Jesus, don't ever scare me like that again," Namjoon breathed.

"S-Sorry," he muttered.

"I'll get the doctor," Jin said, standing to his feet and exiting the room. Yoongi swallowed, and was surprised when tears pricked at the corners of his eyes. It hurt to do that. In fact, it hurt to move, and breathe and well everything fucking hurt to him.

"How are you feeling?" Namjoon asked.

"Like shit," he rasped back. His eyes glanced around the room, and a fear filled his chest. Suddenly, he sat up again, ignoring the pain that ripped through him and gasped. Namjoon wrapped an arm around him, causing Yoongi to try and fight him off. Something wasn't right to him. He wasn't here.

"Yoongi you're okay-"

"N-No," He choked out. "J-Jimin, where's Jimin!" He shouted, trying to push Namjoon off him.

"Jimin's okay! He's with Hoseok," Namjoon explained, trying to get his friend to stop thrashing around in his arms, worried that he might worsen his injuries. "He's not hurt, he's completely fine...well, physically he's fine, but he's been a nervous wreck for the past week-"

"Week!?" Yoongi exclaimed, halting all movements.

"You've been out for quite some time..." Namjoon explained. "To be honest....we didn't think you were going to make it."

"But Jimin's okay right? I mean, he's not hurt he-"

"No, he's alright."

"I wanna see him," Yoongi said, turning to face him. "Please, I need him,"

"Okay, but you gotta promise me you're not going to move. You're ribs are cracked and bruised and you got stabbed too, and that is gonna take awhile to heal,"

"I got stabbed?" he mumbled in disbelief.

"Yeah, whoever got you roughed you up pretty badly. At least the swelling around your eye has gone down a bit," At the mention of his eye, Yoongi brought a hand up and winced.

It didn't take Jin very long to return with a doctor, along with Jungkook and Taehyung, who were both very relieved to see that Yoongi was awake. They explained that Hoseok took Jimin to get something to eat across the street because the younger hadn't eaten in a few days.The thought of that made Yoongi sick to his stomach.

He didn't enjoy being poked at and examined by the doctor that had come in to check on him. His mind was elsewhere, and he was very distracted. All he wanted was Jimin, and Jimin wasn't here. The longer he waited, the more anxious and distracted he got.

But finally, Hoseok came into the room, and trailing behind him was a very tired, and broken looking Jimin who was drowning in one of his hoodies. Yoongi pushed himself up on the bed, ignoring all the pain in his body. He could feel his throat tighten, and he wasn't exactly sure if he was going to cry, but that's certainly what it felt like."Look who's awake, Jiminie," Jungkook whispered. Jimin glanced over in his direction, and then over at the bed. His eyes widened,and he stood frozen in his spot. Yoongi didn't say anything, he wasn't quite sure what he should say, so he held his arms out,motioning for the younger to come forward. Jimin didn't waste anytime, rushing over to him, and crawling onto the bed into his arms.He straddled Yoongi's waist, and buried his face in his neck. He was crying again, and Yoongi couldn't help but cry himself. All the emotions of the past few months had finally caught up to him, and he broke, crying into Jimin's shoulder, hugging him tightly against him. Namjoon stood up from his chair and cocked his head to the side, as a sign for them to give the two some space. He wrapped an arm over Hoseok's arm and ushered the group from the room. The doctor followed close behind.

"I'm sorry," Jimin whimpered into his neck. "I shouldn't have left,"

"It's not your fault," Yoongi croaked.

"But I left you! I should have waited for you, and maybe this wouldn't have happened!"

"Baby, you have no control over what happens," Yoongi replied, sniffling. He lent back in the cot, and winced.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concern washing over him. He moved to get off of Yoongi but the older gribbed his waist, fingers accidentally slipping beneath his shirt. Jimin gasped at how cold his touch was. Yoongi pulled him back down onto his lap, securing him there.

"Don't,"he whispered. "Don't get up...I need you," Jimin nodded, and wrapped him in a hug again.

"I thought you were gonna die," Jimin whispered in his ear. "You wouldn't wake up. I was scared."

"I'm sorry," Yoongi replied quietly. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"You're awake though, so that's all that matters," Jimin mumbled. "Please don't do that to me again."

"I promise," Yoongi swallowed again. "I'm sorry for worrying you."

"It's fine,"

"No it isn't. Namjoon said you haven't been eating properly,"

"I've tried, but it won't stay down. But I'll do better now that you're awake. I can rest easy."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

"Jimin?"

"Yes?"

"I love you, don't you ever forget that,"

Jimin sat back a bit, resting comfortably in Yoongi's lap. He cupped the older's face in his, and lent down for a gently kiss. Yoongi immediately relaxed into it. He kissed the younger back, hands sliding further up his back. Jimin had missed this. The past week had been rough on him, and now that he could kiss Yoongi again, made everything so much easier.

"I love you just as much,"

another short-ish chapter but i hope you all enjoy it