Kuroo Tetsurō: Slippin'

Summary: Fluff

• Thanks to suspicious circumstances, Kuroo catches you in the midst of your embarrassment but instead of mocking you, he joins in. You do not escape his teasing completely however.

Warnings: Cursing

>>>----------------><----------------<<<

You passed the undetermined minutes enjoying a rare opportunity, the girls had left once successfully cleaning the court after volleyball practice leaving you alone in the echoing hall. Feet mischievously dragged across the freshly smoothed floorboards after you'd put on a playlist to fill the silence, only socks present as you contemplated indulging in your childish escapade. With a shrug and no witnesses you gave yourself a running start and skidded across the court as far as you could make it - various attempts were made with stumbles, trips and laughter.

So much so that in those 3 minutes you'd forgotten your original purpose until it came walking through the doors.

It was the flash of red that caught your peripheral vision, leading you to an unholy halting skip-like gesture only to find a smirking Kuroo leaning against the doorframe.

"How long have you been there?"

"Apparently not long enough (L/n)."

"Ahem... uh either way, you took your time getting here." Came your idle voice, attempting to subdue your embarrassment at being caught which no doubt Kuroo had already noted but was overtaken with curiosity.

"That makes it sound like you were expecting me."

"I was~ Your gymnasium is closed tomorrow and on such short notice the only hall you can share for practice is this one during the girls volleyball session thus you come to the captain to ask permission - AKA me." You wittily replied, now wearing a smug expression as you raised a brow at him.

"So quick, just like your slides." He countered, once more gaining the upper hand in your teasing conversation.

As fellow captains you knew of each other, and had actually become friends even if your reputations had preceded you - not close enough for your teams to accept sharing practices regularly mind you.

"Kuroo, you do know that nothing is wrong with your Hall. It seems too coincidental don't you think?" It became more serious now, playful exchanges fading out as you both considered the strange occurrence.

"Hadn't really thought about it." And that was true, he was more focused on rehearsing his conversation with you and purely overtaken with the idea of simply seeing you to delve too deep.

"Neither had I, well until my teammates sheepishly filled me in. It's all an elaborate scheme to get us alone together, like this so I suppose it worked..." The information shocked him slightly, eyes wideneding in realisation before he regained his nonchalant composure. You were rumoured to be a ruthless captain so your team were probably terrified into telling you - they loved you, but the school gossips disregarded your kindness in favour of your strict regimes, victories and dating life. Knowing all of this, Kuroo still pressed his question.

"Then why didn't my teammates say anything?"

"Maybe the scheming captain has lost his edge, or better yet, I'm scarier than you~" You mused with a smirk, hands behind your back as you stood rather proudly and it seemed your mischievous aura was contagious. Kuroo has always been able to read you and you'd connected so effortlessly that it was a shame moments like these were so rare.

"Oh you want to test that theory, I challenge you (Y/n)."

"Tetsurō are you kidding me?" Came your humouring yet disbelieving tone, formalities lost as he slipped off his trainers and padded over to your end of the court in his socks.