Kenma Kozume: Local Communication

Summary: Fluff

• [REQUESTED] reader is neighbours with Kenma and her little brother loves videogames so he plays with Kenma some times. Kenma has a crush on the reader so he always tries to go to her house to play with her brother. One day when he goes over, reader's brother is not there but she tells him that he can play with her. After sometime Kenma confesses to her while playing animal crossing.

Warnings: None

>>>----------------><----------------<<<

Little brothers, certainly a handful weren't they? Which is why when his 'excessive addiction' to online gaming flourished you took careful consideration when improving your own skills to hopefully join his teams and claim victory. Or show his dumb ass up.

Either worked for you to be quite honest.

A player he constantly frequented in the gaming world, to your knowledge stemming from offhanded mentions, was 'Kodzuken' - that name seemed somewhat familiar, and you had your suspicions that it could be your neighbour. The quiet teen certainly radiated gamer energy when you were introduced to him and his family back when you'd first moved in.

Shaking the contemplations from your mind as you entered your home, you found the atmosphere uncharacteristically talkative - it was supposed to be only yourself and brother today, so who was this unfamiliar voice that echoed through your halls accompanying your brothers'?

Upon walking into his bedroom, not bothering to knock much to his protest, you tossed a sweet treat his way in aid of appeasing him before your gaze landed on the curious expression of the pudding head.

"Kodzuken, right?"

"You know my gaming handle?"

"Kinda, I join my brothers team sometimes as [online handle], so we've shared a battlefield a couple of times. I never expected you to live so close though." Was your welcoming elaboration, sheepishly rubbing the back of your neck as you spoke.

"Ah, Kenma is fine (Y/n)." Of course you breifly crossed paths before so the Volleyball setter was no stranger to you at all, nor was his other bedheaded neighbour.

"I know, call me if you need anything and thanks for helping my brother improve his skills. He's actually a decent player now~"

"(Y/n)! Get out of my room!" Your brother begrudgingly hollered, already aiming a soft pillow at you as you effiecntly ducked out with a giggle.

Being the first time he'd visited your home in person despite the interests he shared with your brother, he didn't want to bother you with any requests at that point. Like most, he was overwhelmingly concerned with what you thought of him so became more than grateful for the small conversations you'd initiate during his visits.

However, his physical presence became more frequent in your household much to your brothers delight and you could tell that your neighbour had grown more comfortable with the time he'd spent in your company. Often requesting a glass of water, or asking your opinion on a certain strategy if you weren't busy. His attention was divided between you and your sibling, Kenma knew the sole reason for his gravitation toward you was the admiration he'd held ever since moving day but hadn't acted upon it. A crush as his best friend has smugly dubbed it.

Kuroo was aware his neighbour had been captivated by your aura, with the three of you being similar in age the elder boy insistently tried to encourage Kenma to invite you out with them but was usually defeated by his shy nature. Kenma would grow excited with the mention of your name, showing more enthusiasm than that of his normal laid back persona would allow which resulted in mild teasing from his Captain.