Oikawa Tōru: Childish Antics

Summary: Fluff, Flirting

• You end up collecting your neighbours son, Yuma, from Lil Tykes Volleyball and find the Coach to be more attractive than expected. Though, Yuma assures Oikawa won't win the battle for your heart.

Warnings: Suggestive remarks, one swear word

>>>----------------><----------------<<<

"Please can you pick up Yuma  from Lil Tykes Volleyball Classroom today (Y/n), it won't take long."

Now you were beginning to wish you hadn't accepted this request, not only was it out of your way but you assumed now that you'd done so once, it'd become an ongoing thing. Either way, Yuma lived in your neighbourhood and you refused to let him walk home alone so you'd arrived early, thus catching the mini team play a practice match much to your amusement as you leant against the fence admiring the scene with a soft smile.

The coach was quite attractive you'd noted, and it appeared the children took a shine to him as they'd said their goodbyes - they each ran past you, still Yuma was nowhere to be found - most likely distracted.

"Can I offer my assistance in any way, to a beauty such as yourself?" A charming voice called, obviously confident in his abilities no matter how fake his facade seemed.

"No thanks, I'm just waiting for someone." You'd brushed him off so effortlessly, a trait he'd found utterly intriguing - if you were at a volleyball club then you should know who Oikawa was. If not then surely his looks were worth a second glance at least?

"(Y/n)-sama!!!" A youthful voice screamed, running over to you in sheer delight and clinging to your waist.

"(Y/n) hm? Such a lovely name, I haven't seen you around before, I'm Oikawa Tōru by the way." The coach kindly added upon overlooking the display of affection before meeting your nonchalant expression once more.

"That's (L/n) to you, but I've heard your name before. My classma—"

"No! You do not get to have (Y/n)-sama just because your old girlfriend dumped you, I'm going to marry them when I'm old enough!" Yuma confidently interrupted, just registering to Oikawa's charming compliments and thus now held a protective arm in front you. Ah yes you'd forgotten, Yuma had a mild crush on you...

"Damn it Takeru." The apparent 'offender' muttered under his breath, sending a frustrated glance to the boy now walking up to him wearing a calm grin.

"Don't worry Yuma, Uncle Oikawa must be terrible with romance if his girlfriend dumped him, so you'll win (L/n)." The young boy assured, his uncle apparently not impressed with his antics.

"Well, pleasure meeting you both. Thank you for coaching Yuma, I really appreciate it. Have a nice evening." You replied in amusement, unable to remove the shit eating grin as you waved with Yuma happily by your side bubbling about how he'd soon be good enough to play Volleyball with you and your neighbour.

———

As you'd regretfully predicted, the one-off favour became a never ending cycle and you found yourself waiting patiently more often than you'd like. Only, with the frequency of your early arrivals, Oikawa had no hesitance in approaching you the moment you'd enter to discuss trivial matters and used the opportunity to flirt with you whilst Yuma was indisposed.

"Came to see me again (L/n)-chan?"

"You wish, but Yuma's serves have definitely improved since me and my neighbour last played with him so you must be a good coach Oikawa." You countered his playful attempts as per usual, this time gracing him with a sincere compliment rather than a quick witted comeback.