Iwazumi Hajime: 3 Times

Summary: Fluff

• The three times Oikawa tries to get you and Iwaizumi together and the one time he actually *does*.

Warnings: Mature language

>>>----------------><----------------<<<

Attempt 1

It was that smile.

The oh-so-innocent one that was all too immaculate in its purity to ever be considered genuine by anyone who knew the player considerably well. It was tainted with guilt and unforgivably directed at you upon greeting - however you did not indulge him this time, much too tired to play with his ego.

"What have you done?"

It was stern, demanding and held no hesitation in it that Oikawa could possibly exploit in an attempt to change the subject - of course, that didn't stop the 'Grand King' from trying.

"(Y/n)-chan, why do you always assume the worst of me?"

"I don't, I just know the worst of you Torū and it's always wearing that expression." You replied with smug knowing, but he conceded with a defeated sigh as you watched his facade dissolve before he met your gaze once again.

This look was different, it held a sense of boredom likely due to how effortlessly you'd analysed him.

"Don't kill me (Y/n)-chan, but I might've signed you up as Manager of the Volleyball Club - OKAY BYE!" It was rushed the moment he reached the confession, the fellow second year sprinting off down the hallway followed by your echoing shouts.

"You what?!"

...

"You what?!"

"I don't see why you're yelling at me too Iwa-chan, you get to spend more time with the the girl you've been crushing on since Junior High."

"That's exactly why I'm yelling shittykawa!" As usual he resorted to a harmless slap in order to properly chastise his best friend - however his wrist was caught rather efficiently with a hand placed on his chest urging him back slightly.

"Iwaizumi!" Your voice alone was enough to draw his attention, the physical contact only disabling him further. Oikawa whipped around in surprise, an infuriating smirk befalling his lips upon noticing the startled expression Hajime exerted with your unprecedented arrival and intervention.

Carefully, you eased your grip on him though you're certain he didn't quite understand the motives behind your actions and rather than a strict scolding you sent the spiker a mischievous wink.

"You've still got to spike with that hand, please allow me." Iwaizumi instantly softened with your words despite the quirk in his smile, and within a second you'd slapped Oikawa upside the head earning a whine from him and fist bump from Hajime.

"Do you think he's regretting his decision to recommend me yet or should I continue with my revenge?" The upcoming Ace took a water break beside you, carefully observing the latest first year additions that'd become his partial responsibility next year.

"To be honest, you're pretty amazing so I don't think he'd ever regret it. Oikawa knows our team, and he made the right judgment call choosing you to be our manager." Always honest with words, Hajime remained genuine in his tone but you noted the sparkle in his irises before he finished.

"That's not to say you should let him off easy..."

Attempt 2