Miya Atsumu: Perfectionists

Summary: Snarky insults, fluff

• Being selected for the Youth Volleyball camp was amazing but your first encounter with a certain setter is less so, can you work together before it's over?

Warnings: Mature language, 2.7k

>>>----------------><----------------<<<

Having the privilege to be invited to the famous All-Japan Youth Intensive Training Camp was an incredible honour, one you were practically glowing alongside.

As a top Spiker you'd researched into the event, noting that only the very best in Japan were eligible to improve their skills so you understood that both male and female participants from all over the country would be attending - thus it came as no surprise when mixed 3 vs 3 matches were set up after warm ups before the real challenges began.

Komori Motoya and Miya Atsumu were your temporarily assigned teammates, each of you holding varying positions to balance the team out and with the titles each of you possessed you were all determined to beat every single opponent with mutual high-fives expressing your unspoken collaboration.

Of course, that was just theory. The weak illusion of 'friendship' you'd established by your shared goal moments ago was shattered the second you'd made a Spike.

It'd scored, albeit rather pitifully and you refused to accept it - your spikes were refined works of domination, they were unfathomably sharp and cut through blockers and liberos like blade to butter. So then, what faltered?

Before you could calculate a strategy to overcome this barrier, your analytical gaze was interrupted by your very own Setter.

"Tch, you call that a spike?" It was condescending, both his tone and the way he'd looked you up and down with a lazily unimpressed raised brow.

You snapped to him with a flicker of irritation in your eyes, never one to take crap from anyone, you were quick to clapback at him - a trait you'd both unknowingly shared.

"Your set was shit."

It was Miyas turn this time, his smug stature immediately replaced with offended frustration due to the high standard he consistently strived for himself, and deadly glare settling on his attractive features as he spoke.

"Don't blame my setting for your lack of precision."

"Don't blame my spikes for your lack of consideration then." Sparks clashed between the two of you, distance having narrowed during your brutal exchange and if not for Komoris' swift interception, you'd likely have fought one another.

"Guys! Volleyball is a team sport, you should be supporting each other rather than arguing so we stay on the court."

However, his friendly wisdom went completely ignored, as did the hands he'd rested on each of your shoulders respectively as a distancing measure.

"I get it, you're used to adjusting for guys but I'm not them, neither physically or athletically." You gestured to the Spiker on the opposing team as evidence, Sakusa Kiyoomi if you recalled correctly (who seemed dissatisfied with the scene) whilst Atsumu scoffed at the excuse for your lack of skill.

"Yeah? You're supposed to be a top Spiker, shouldn't ya be able to hit any set?"

"Enough, we have a game to play!" The aforementioned grip of your Libero tightening emphasised his distaste toward the hostility, the both of you wincing as it contrasted his bored tone and with that, you reluctantly returned to the practice match.