Chapter 8

I woke up the next morning and got ready for work. I put on a black v-neck long sleeve shirt and check black skirt, paired with black high heel pumps and some red lipstick.

Walking into the kitchen I saw Eric sitting at the counter

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Walking into the kitchen I saw Eric sitting at the counter. "Good morning Eric." I said as I walked to the coffee machine.

"Good morning Violet." He replied but his eyes stayed fixed on the newspaper he held.

"Ah, it talks." I said, usually in the morning he doesnt say anything he just silently reads the paper.

"Shockingly right, but I have to leave for work, bye." He said and then left. Oh wow I got both a 'hi' and 'bye' in one day.

°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°

On my way to work I decided to make my monthly call to a friend I deeply missed," Hey Ty." I said with a smile as I drove to work.

"Ahh my darling Kat how I have missed you. I'm sorry again darling that I couldn't make it for your wedding it's just work has me tied down." He explained to me. He was the only person that called me Kat because of my second name, Kathrine.

"Excuses, excuses...that's all you ever give me Tyler." I told him with a laugh," Well next time you better show up okay." I told him seriously.

"Definitely, I actually opted for a transfer. I'm hoping the board will allow me to head our new branch that's opening up by you." He explained. Tyler was the COO of a IT company and when you as good as him, it's very hard to get time off.

"Well I'm incredibly excited to hear you might be coming back I'm sure Aunty Rita is very excited." I told him happily as I pulled into my designated parking.

"She doesn't really know yet. I haven't told anyone except you. I'm waiting for confirmation then I'll tell everyone." He told me seriously.

We continued speaking for a bit more until it was 8:00 am, " I better head up so love you Ty and please take care of yourself and be careful over there" I nagged him.

"Kat I'm always careful and it's London I'll be fine." He said laughing, "love you too bye." He said before he cut the call.

God I miss Tyler. We've been friends since high school. He was the bad boy misfit and I just happened to be paired up with him for an assignment and just like that we became close friends bonding over our screwed up lives.

I finally reached my floor and exited the elevator "Hello Everybody!!" I said as I walked towards my cubicle.

"Vi!" Shouted Sophie, Ethan and Camila. All our cubicles were in close range.

"Damn Vi, Marriage looks good on you." Said Camila.

"Ha sure." I said with a little laugh, "You look gorgeous as well." I said as I hugged her.

The four of us rambled on about irrelevant nonsense and childish gossip until we all heard the loud elevator "Bing". An anxious atmosphere filled the room with eerie silence. Then the door opened and suddenly everyone was in awe. I heard lots of the office women mutter about how hot they thought their boss was. People gathered around him. I stoled a glace as he made his way down to his office. Sophie and Ethan's mouths hung opened.

"Agh. FUCK ME!!! Really!" I yelled on impulse.

He stopped in his tracks and turned, making his way towards me. Now everyone was staring at me, he stood before me with his emerald eyes.

Why God, why him?

"Profanity, how unprofessional Miss... " Said Eric with a smirk as if he were talking to a child whilst indirectly asked me for my name.

Asshole.

"Quaters. Violet Quaters." I replied as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I see." He said with amusement in his eyes,"Now would you care to tell me what cause your inappropriate outburst?" He asked as if he hadn't a clue.

"I apologies for my inappropriate outburst. I received a text message from someone and my frustration got the better of me," I said as calmly as I could," Though I just wish they would PISS Off. " I mumbled angrily.

"Excuse me, did you say something?" He asked me with an evil smirk.

"Huh, what? No..." I replied whilst shaking my head nervously. I refuse to make a scene. I refuse to make a scene...

Ahhh, how I hate you!

"I believe you are quite a handful aren't you Miss Quater." He said with his arms now folded as he looked at me attentively.

"Yes well I have heard that before." I nodded in agreement as I plastered a fake smiled on my face. God how I want to kill this man! "Bastard..." I mumbled.

"Miss Quaters one thing I can guarantee you is that you are not gifted at whispering. A friendly reminder for you to take note of is to remember who signs your pay cheques now." With his signature smirk, he walked away into his cabin.

It took me a minute to realize what just happened before I could follow after him. I stormed into his cabin and shut the door whilst also picking up on some confused mumbles from the staff.

"Hello there, Darling." He said with a smile whilst holding a cup of coffee. " What can I do for you?" He asked placing the coffee on his far side.

"Drop dead." I said with a big smile.

"Not a chance but you could always leave. Though I can't guarantee that you wont be able to find a company I don't already own." He said as he took a sip from the black mug he was now holding.

High horse Eric, high. Horse.

"Wait till I get my hand on him when he gets home. I'm gonna beat the shit out of that idiot." I muttered as I was leaving.

"Whispering again darling...though I would like to see you try." He laughed.

Turning around on my heels , I made my way straight to his desk. I leaned over him slowly whilst holding onto the handle of his chair and grabbed his coffee.

"Wait and see, tough guy." I said walking out whilst sipping on his coffee.

---------------------------------------------------------
A/N:
Hi guys 😁
Hope you enjoy this chapter.
Till next time, byezz...

Meme:

Meme:

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.