Chapter 29

Be my baby by the Ronettes - song of the chapter
——————————————————

« Violet's POV»

After Nonna had breakfast with all of us, we headed to the living room whilst Reece and Ella went to the mall and Eric went to work. We both sat down of the couches and began our long intresting conversations we used to have frequently. I had no idea how I missed our conversations until I began talking to Nonna.

" So how you holding up, Nonna?" I asked concerned as I reached out and held her hand.

"Much better, Tesoro. It's just time catching up. Old age is no fun bambina." she said in her thick Italian accent whilst laughing.

(Tesoro - sweetheart)
(Bambina - child {girl child})

" I am sorry Nonna." I replied.

"oh, no. There is nothing to be sorry about, it's just life. I must say Katherine, I am content after seeing the life you are living now. You have always deserved someone who would always treat you like a queen." said Nonna happily.

"I am happy Nonna , Eric loves me so much that it sometimes feels like a dream,but for some reason I feel like something bad is gonna happen. I just don't know what? Everything is just a bit too peaceful. It's like the calm before the storm." I confessed to her anxiously, it's been on my mind for a while now but only after seeing Nonna did it surface.

" Nonsense child. You have walked through hell and this is your reward. Katherine, this is what a normal happy household feels like. You deserve it." said Nonna .

She was right this is the first time I have ever been this happy. I need to embrace normality.

" So your father told me about your Christmas dinner. " she said smiling.

" He did? " I replied a bit shocked.

" He was very disappointed when he saw your mother and he told me everything, so I as a mother had the right to force my daughter to attend your feast. " said Nonna proudly.

" So you all are coming?" I asked excitedly.

" Yes." she said beaming at me but her smile dropped," I am sorry I left you alone to fend off the wolves. I don't know what on earth is wrong with Lilian, she is no longer the woman I raised and she turned Olivia into a young replica of her,but I am here now. I will bring hell on earth if Lilian and Olivia hurt you." she said with tears glistening in her guilty eyes. I moved towards her and gave her a warm big hug as my tears began to follow.

" it's okay." I whispered, barely audiable.

--------------¥ Christmas Eve ¥--------------

«Eric's POV»

" Careful!" yelled at Violet as she jumped around on a ladder hanging last minute Christmas decorations.

Damn she takes Christmas seriously.

" I will. " she shouted as she hung plastic Poinsettias from the ceiling,"You need to calm down." she said as she jumped off the ladder and I instinctively caught her in my arms.

"What the hell was that?! You could have fallen." I scolded her, but she just continued smiling.

"But I didn't. You caught me." she said as her arms found their was around my neck and she pulled herself closer to my face as the her berry scented shampoo filled my nostrils. She placed a sweet loving kiss on my lips leaving me hungrily for me but to my dismay she climbed out of my bridal styled hold before I could carry her away.