CHAPTER 4

I flattered my eyes open and sat up straight, darting my eyes around the room as I tried to remember everything that happened last night.
“That’s right, I was chosen.” I murmured to myself before clutching the pillow close to my lips. “Did I fall asleep later?” I wondered, getting out of bed and walking into the toilet. After washing my face and taking a quick shower, I headed up to the wardrobe, opening it and picking out a casual white and pink summer dress. As soon as I wore them, someone knocked on the door and before I could give them permission to come in, the door flew open and in came the girls, each one of them wearing a stunning outfit with matching heels.
“Come downstairs to eat.” Ferra ordered, and I slowly nodded before grabbing the black slippers, quickly slipping them on. 
“Julie, go tell them we’d be down there soon.” Ferra instructed and one of the girls nodded obediently before rushing out of the room. I’m guessing that Ferra’s the boss now and we’re all supposed to kiss her ass? Normally, I would have at least said something back but I figured that although they can’t see it yet, we’re all in this together and at the end of the day, we needed each other to survive here. 
“You missed the event last night.” Ferra sneered as I tied my hair into a ponytail and I looked at her in confusion.
“Did something happen later? Because-” I paused when I noticed the peach patches of bandage on the girl’s neck as they rolled their eyes. My eyes widened and I stared at each and every one of them in disbelief.
“You let them…?” I trailed away when Irene walked up to me, flipping her hair to a side as she cleared her throat.
“You’re not even ashamed. They were all expecting us last night. We were supposed to welcome them.” I heard her say but her words seemed unclear to me as I reached to touch her neck. She scowled, making a face in disgust as she took a step back and I couldn’t help but feel sorry for this poor soul.
“Does it hurt? It must have hurt” I stated softly, and I heard the three of them scoff before Rihanna walked up to me.
“Not everyone is a cry baby like you. Stop pitying us and worry about yourself!” she started, raising her voice and I stared at her in surprise. “I don’t know why Draven even bothered to give you a chance.” she finished, giving my shoulders a hard push as I stumbled backwards.
“Is there something wrong?” a voice interrupted us and we all turned to look at a vampire, whose name I didn’t know of.
“Vincent!” three girls said together and I looked up to meet his gaze as he smiled at me and then at the girls.
“We were just inviting her for breakfast.” Ferra lied and I didn’t bother to fight back. I don’t want to cause any trouble. I watched Vincent nod before averting my gaze back on the floor, hoping he would leave us alone now.
“Am I the only one who didn’t let them drink my blood yet? What if I’m next?” my thoughts started to bubble up and I was about to turn around when Irene grabbed my hand.
“Let’s go,” she said in a sickly sweet voice before giving me her sweetest smile and I faked a smile before shaking my head. “Oh, don’t be so difficult, you’ll get used to it.” she said clutching my wrist to the point where it started to hurt and I was about to brush them away when she started dragging me out of the room.
“How come you didn’t show up last night?” I heard Vincent say before Irene and I came to a halt in the middle of the hallway. We both turned to face him and I hung my head a little before fiddling with my finger nervously.
“I-I fell asleep.” I stammered a little and he simply nodded with a warm smile, which made me feel a little better. Maybe this guy wasn’t so bad?
“Now go eat.” he smiled and I was about to say something when Irene started dragging me again.
As the girls guided me into another room, I noticed Edward and Raymond sitting on a sofa, next to some other male vampires as they all talked and joked around.
“You’re here? Eat.” I heard Edward say before pointing to a small coffee table full of muffins and pastries. I didn’t even bother to smile or utter a word, and instead, I stood still in my position before a hand grabbed my wrist and started dragging me towards the sofa.
“No, I’m not hungry.” I said, jerking my hand away and Vincent turned to look at me before sighing.
“I get that you’re uncomfortable but at least eat something.” he said softly and I shook my head, glancing at the girls and then the guys, who were now staring at me. I noticed that Draven was missing and it relieved me beyond words. God knows how much I feared that monster.
“Just have something.” he insisted and I gave him a quick look before rushing towards the table and grabbing a chocolate muffin. As soon as I took a bite, I took a few steps back, making sure to keep a safe distance between me and the vampires which didn’t seem to please some of them. The guys studied my every move and some of them chuckled while the rest rolled their eyes at my disrespectful behaviour.
“This honey, is how it’s done.” I heard Ferra say before she walked up to a guy and sitting on his lap while the other girls followed her lead, doing the exact same thing. Usually, I would have gagged in disgust but in this case, I was worried for them. What if they decide to feed on them again?
“See, it’s not that bad baby girl, come sit.” I heard Edward say and my eyes widened before I shook my head.
“You don’t have a choice.” I heard another guy say before he bolted up to me, grabbing my hands and jerking me towards him. I dropped the muffin and immediately tried to brush him away when he shot me a glare, causing a shiver down my spine.
“Danny, go easy on her. She’s just shy.” I heard Edward say and I quickly used this chance to jerk myself away from his grasp.
“For how long? If she keep causing trouble then our reputation will start to go down the drain!” he snapped, rolling his eyes and I pressed my lips together into a thin line.
“Just leave her be for now.” another guy muttered and I stood still before biting the inside of my cheeks.
“She’s going to have to let us taste her sooner or later,” I heard Danny say, causing goosebumps to rise all over my body. No, anything but that.
“Maybe it’s about time she respected us.” I heard someone say before Danny grabbed my hands again and I gasped before shaking my head.
“Stop! Let me go!” I yelled, trying to jerk my hands away but he was a lot stronger. His grip started to get a lot stronger and a whimper escaped through my lips as I struggled to free myself from his grasp.
“What’s going on?” Draven’s voice caused everyone to freeze and I turned my head to look at him enter the room before appearing in front of us within seconds.
“She’s being difficult again. We can’t even continue this meeting.” Danny muttered, releasing his grip and I went silent, my stomach turning ice when I realized Draven was now burning holes through my face again.
“What’s she done now?” he asked, softly yet harshly and Irene immediately explained how I refused to sit with any guy. I just kept silent as I stared at her, finding it hard to believe that she’d rather take a vampires side rather than her own kind.