CHAPTER 33

I’ve missed you!” she suddenly threw herself at him and I could still see the shock on Draven's face before he brushed her body away from him, staring at her in disbelief and confusion. Hell, I was just as confused, wasn’t this girl supposed to be dead? And is she really Lianna? Because that doesn’t make any-
“You-you’re dead, I saw-”
“You saw him stab me in the heart and throw me into the sea, D…I didn’t die, I’m not dead-”
“No.” he hissed, backing away as she tried to explain what happened and I watched him shake his head repeatedly. “Who are you? Did Dexter send you here, hunh?! The fuck-”
“D…” her sweet soothing voice made Draven freeze and I could feel a lump in my throat as I stared at these two. The chemistry, the connection they already have is…something else. “He had turned me into a vampire before he stabbed me…” she trailed away when Draven backed away, shaking his head and was about to turn around when she grabbed his upper arm, making his whole body tense up. I glanced at Emily, who was now giving me the crazy look and then at Vincent, who was still staring at Lianna in shock.
“Whoever you are, you need to fuck off right now before I-”
“I’m telling the truth! Why can’t you at least hear me out?” she raised her voice, hurt clearly evident in them and I watched Draven flinch a little before their eyes fixated on each other’s again, making my heart drop to the very core.
“I-I think we should hear her out…” Vincent finally agreed, giving Draven a nod as his eyes softened a bit, letting out a deep breath in a process. I saw a small smile of relief on Lianna’s face before she sat down on the bed, inhaling deeply before looking at all of us, her eyes only lingering onto my figure for a few seconds.
“Spill, I’ll give you five minutes.” Draven muttered, trying to keep his cool but he was really failing to do so right now.
“Like I said, he turned me into a vampire before I was stabbed-”             
“That's bullshit, only a pure blood can turn you into a Vampire, Lianna, and with their consent too so cut the lies and-”
“He had your blood, Draven. I don’t know how he got it or how he did it back then but it’s done and it worked. And as for consent, I had yours a long time ago, remember?” her voice turned all soft and sweet as she stood up, slowly reaching to touch his cheeks when Draven backed away, grabbing her wrist as his eyes grew a shade darker.
“Prove it.” He demanded through gritted teeth and I heard Lianna let out a sigh before she disappeared out of our sight for a few seconds before reappearing in front of Draven again, causing his eyes to widen.
“I’m telling the truth, Draven, the whole time, I was compelled…”
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
“I never cheated on you…he made me do it. I was under his compulsion, D. I thought you knew me better than that…” hurt and disappointment was clearly evident in her voice and I watched Draven’s eyes soften before he went silent again. I don’t blame him.
“So let me get this straight…all this time you were kidnapped? What happened later?” Vincent suddenly broke the ice and she snapped her head towards him.
“He came back for me. Forced me to go and live with them, threatened to kill you if I disobeyed him. I had no choice.”
“You always had a choice.” Draven finally mumbled, but his voice held no emotions.
“Maybe I did, but I was afraid to make that choice, in case he hurt you. I cannot live with myself if he did.” She pressed her lips together into a thin line before going silent and for the next few minutes, we all kept quiet too. I was just hearing all this out and I am still trying to wrap my mind around the whole thing, I’m sure Draven is too.
“Still not buying it. I suggest that you kindly fuck outta my house.”
“D, come on, can we talk? In private? This isn’t you…aren’t you happy that I’m back?” she finally asked, taking a deep breath and I bit my bottom lip as her fingers brushed against his jawline, causing his body to tense up once again, which only made me feel both annoyed and somewhat hurt.
“Let’s talk.” Draven brushed her hand away and I watched him drag her outta the room, leaving me in confusion.
“What the actual fuck? Is that “the” Lianna you just mentioned?” Emily couldn’t help but finally burst out and I saw Vincent give me a look from the corner of his eyes before he disappeared out of the room as well. “Wasn’t she supposed to be dead?!” I inhaled deeply, turning around to face her as she gave me a confused look and I returned the stare.
“Guess she wasn’t dead after all.”
x-x