CHAPTER 34

Done!” Emily finished brushing my make-up and I awkwardly stood in front of the mirror, gaping at my reflection. I looked hot, I mean, really hot, even I had to admit, as self-obsessed as that may sound. The sleeveless black dress stuck tight onto my body, complimenting all my curves and I bit down a smirk. Never have I felt so pretty in my entire life. Yes, I have dressed up before but tonight was something else.
“No heels since we are indoors.” Emily winked, opening the door and I cringed when I heard the loud music blast through the room, making me sigh and bite my bottom lip helplessly.
“Why isn’t Danny here anyways? Thought he’d catch up on us by-” speaking of the devil, Danny suddenly appeared in front of us, making me gasp and I stepped back as he shot me a deadly glare, causing a shiver down my spine.
“The hell, did you do this?” he raised his voice, pointing out at the door and I went silent for a bit, twirling some strands of hair between my fingers before glancing at Emily who gave me a look.
“It’s just a party, relax Danny.” I walked over to him and his eyebrows knitted in annoyance before shaking his head.
“Parties over, we’re not doing this.” He said sharply and let out a huff when I grabbed his forearm, giving him a pleading look.
“Please, just once, I promise we won’t get drunk. It’s only for a while, Danny. Plus, there are some cute girls who already wants to hook up with you so maybe-”
“Deal.” He cut me off and I heard Emily scoff in disbelief before muttering something along the lines “Fuckboys these days got no chills.”
“Really?”
“Yes, but you’re not drinking and we have to clean up before Draven gets back,” he instructed and I nodded, ready to leave when he grabbed my wrist, pulling me closer to him. “But know that the only reason why I’m doing this is because I’m hungry as fuck, so the moment I finish feeding, this party is over, are we clear?” his eye grew a shade darker and I gulped softly before nodding. I watched his eyes slightly scan me from head to toe before meeting my eyes again, making my pulse race, in disgust, might I kindly add.
“Too bad I can’t eat you out though.” He leaned closer to say and I made a face in disgust before brushing him away, quickly using this chance to walk out of the room. Ew, just ew. The party was wild, I mean, too wild for my own good. Everyone was now dancing, making out, standing on the tables and going crazy. I don’t blame them, this was the Ardeleans mansion and we just invited them here. Here, a mansion full of blood thirsty vampires. My heart skipped a beat at the thought of Draven finding out. But there is no way, he wouldn’t be here anytime soon and I could clean up before he gets back. That is, if I am not drunk by then but then again, Danny got that covered too. Anyways, I shouldn’t care about what he thinks. He had other important things, or should I say, important people to take care of, so I hardly doubt he would care or mind if I party in here.
And with that, I brushed past a group of drunk couples and got on the dance floor. Emily waved at me as I noticed her and I quickly walked over to her.
“God, don’t you think you invited too many people?”
“Are you kidding me? It’s fine, this is what a party is, Adriana. Now, are you going to mope around or dance? That’s probably what Draven and Lianna are doing right now so why not let yourself loosen up a bit too?” Emily turned to wrap her arms around a random guy and I bit my bottom lip, making my way to the table of drinks. Lianna and Draven dancing? Dancing leads to touching and touching leads to kissing and kissing leads to-
“No, stop, just.” I ruffled out my hair, my jumbled up thoughts making me furious. I was supposed to have fun tonight, not think about Draven or Lianna. But I wanted to find out what they were doing, I had to know and it would kill me not to know right now. It’s already killing me. What if he gets drunk and starts making out with her? What if he starts to have feelings for her again? That wouldn’t be surprising either. I shook away my thoughts and rushed upstairs, marching through the hallway and almost gagged when I saw two couple making out, the guy’s hands already up her skirt as she let out a moan. I opened the door to Danny’s room and my eyes widened at the sight. Danny was already shirtless, his messy hair brushing to a side as he looked up at me and the girl under him was only wearing her undergarments by now, making my face heat up in embarrassment.
“Geez, what the hell, Adriana!” he snapped, getting up and buckling up his loose belt as I walked up to him, my eyes not ripping away from the ground.
“I, uh, sorry, I-I didn’t think you’d be doing it right now…anyways, can I borrow your phone? I want to call Draven.”
“Are you-” he paused, glancing at the confused girl and grabbed my forearm before turning around. “Are you crazy? He would kill us, alright? He can’t know that-”
“I know, will you relax?! I just want to see what he is doing, that is it. It’ll be quick and I’ll make sure he can’t hear the music. I can just make the phone call here.” My voice started to get more and more desperate and judging from the way Danny was smirking at me now, he probably caught on it too.
“Are you…perhaps, by any chance, jealous? Afraid? That something might happen?” he jumped right into the truth and I scoffed, opening my mouth to defend myself but nothing came out, making me blush furiously.
“I am not!” I finally snapped and Danny was about to say something when the girl cleared her throat, making me snap my head towards her.
“One minute, darling,” Danny said sweetly, taking out his phone and giving me a hard look. “Hurry up and finish the call. I want you out of this room in five minutes.” He dialed a number for me and I took the phone, my heart racing faster as I pressed it against my ears.
“Yeah?” Draven finally picked up and I held my breath before speaking.
“Hey, it’s me…”
“Adriana? Why do you have Danny’s phone? Did something happen?” his worried tone made my heart sink and I couldn’t tell whether I should be upset or relieved.
“Nothing happened, actually…I was wondering how you guys were doing? Is the party great?”
“Yeah, I guess, why?” his answers started to become more short. I was about to say something but froze when I heard a familiar voice, causing my body to stiffen.
“D, come on, we were having so much fun…” Lianna’s voice made my blood boil and I bit my bottom lip angrily.
“Can you just wait-”
“Draven,” I cut him off. “Can you please come now? I don’t want you there. I want you here with me…” I know I was getting desperate but I couldn’t help it. I know how parties end up. People get drunk, make out sessions are endless and we eventually end up doing something regrettable. Though, I hardly doubt there would be any “regret” in Draven’s case this time. It's Lianna we are talking about. His first "true" love.
“Why? Are you okay, where is Danny?”
“Danny is here but-”
“Then you are safe right now. Trust me and stay with him, Adriana. I am only trying to look out for you.”
“By leaving me here alone?” I heard him huff at my response and then heard Lianna groan impatiently again.
“D, please, come here…” Was she drunk? Great, that’s already one down.
It’s not like that, I told you this already so stop making me repeat myself, doll face, you know I hate it.” His words pricked my nerves.
“Yeah, because she needs more protection right? What about me? She is a frikken vampire, Draven, if anything, I need protection, not her!” there was a silence on the other end and I bit my bottom lip angrily, again.
“It’s not like that. I want to keep you safe too but-” He trailed off and I held my breath.
“But what?”
“But I can’t protect you both at the same time. She needs me right now, more than ever. It’s been rough for her and I can’t leave her side, alright? It doesn’t feel right."  He finally said but there was no anger evident in his voice, just exhaustion, which was worse. Rough for her? Rough for her? What about me? How have I been living here all this time? I have been kidnapped, compelled and used by Dexter too! I deserve just as much as comfort, if not more, but that’s not the case with me right? No, I was just a girl he can keep around, treat as he wants to and throw away when it pleases him. But he is so wrong, oh he was so wrong. I should have known this would happen, I should have seen this coming. I never meant anything to him. The moment Lianna showed up, I was nothing to him. He stopped caring, he stopped talking to me and the worst part is, he acts like he is doing the right thing. Like its okay for him to wind me up this far and disappear when it pleases him. I’ve had enough.
“Okay then.” I said with no emotion before hanging up and throwing the phone on the bed. I marched out of the room, blinking away the tears, not even bothering to explain myself to Danny. The first thing I did was grab the nearest drink and gulp it down, then another and another. My throat was burning and I wanted to throw up but I held my breath and had another. I couldn’t take it. I couldn’t take this. Living here was hell and just when I thought it was getting a bit better, karma decides to prove me otherwise. I took my last shot and stumbled my way to the dance floor, throwing my hands in the air and dancing to the music, throwing my hands and hips everywhere, my hair dancing around my face as I tried to balance my moves. I could barely think straight but I didn’t care. Tonight was my night, my night to dance and have fun. Forget everything, forget him, forget your dumb feelings and get over it. Music filled my ears, my mind went hazy as I found myself wrapping an arm around a random guy’s neck as he pulled me closer. Even in the dark, I could see his good features, starting from his messy brown hair to his light brown eyes and god, they were totally filled with lust now and so was mine.
“Damn, you wanna take this inside, babe?” he whispered in my ears and I giggled when I felt his lips brush against mine, making me quiver in excitement. I was about to say something but stopped when I noticed the door being opened, revealing Draven’s face and behind him came the Ardelean brothers, all their jaws dropping in shock and disbelief. Oh, and let’s not forget our dear Lianna, who was now standing right next to Draven, her eyes widening at the sight. Wait, why are they here early? Who cares, Adriana, ignore and dance for gods sake!
“Let’s go.” I whispered back into the mysterious guy’s ears as he let out a dark chuckle, causing goosebumps to rise all over my body. We started stumbling through the crowd and it is then when I realized just how many people were actually here by now. The place was packed, literally full of people, dancing and laughing, most of them were probably too drunk to even notice the Ardelean brothers.
“Excuse me, can you please move-” I squealed when someone grabbed my hand, suddenly yanking me behind and I turned to look up at Draven, who was now shooting me a million glares, his jawline locked furiously but somehow, it humored me to see him like this but I couldn’t bring myself to laugh.
“The fuck are you doing, Adriana?” he didn’t yell, he didn’t snap but his voice was laced with venom and I jerked myself away before bumping against the guy I was about to hook up with.
“Damn, what’s going on here?”
“Adriana, who are these people?”
“It reeks of humans.”
I rolled my eyes at the Ardelean brothers and looked at the guy, completely ignoring Draven, who was still burning holes through my face but I couldn’t care less.
“Do you know them?” the guy asked dryly and I shook my head before letting out a chuckle.
“Get your hands off her.” I heard Draven say through gritted teeth the moment he tried to wrap an around my waist.
“Forget him, let’s continue where we left off upstairs.” I slurred, interlocking my fingers with his and pressing my chest against his seductively. This caused Draven to lose it because the next thing I knew, my lover boy for the night was ripped from my body before Draven punched him so hard, he stumbled back before dropping down on the floor, coughing out in pain. I gasped and was about to step back when Draven grabbed my hand and with a growl, I jerked it away but Draven held a firm grip this time.
“Clean this up.” He was holding in too much anger now and I huffed in anger, suddenly wanting to throw up.
“D, calm down, she’s drunk.” I snapped my head to look at Lianna.
“She’s not supposed to get fucking drunk! She’s-” I couldn’t stand this dumb talk or her for that matter, so I brushed his hands away and started running towards the people, ignoring my name that was now being calling a million times, along with some colorful words.
“Whoa, there beautiful.” A male voice chuckled as I almost bumped into him and I looked up at an unfamiliar male. Victim number two. Perfect.
“Sorry…” I bit my bottom lip in embarrassment and shivered when I felt a hand tangle around my waist, pulling me closer.
“You’re barely standing, are you alright?” he questioned and I simply nodded as he scanned me from head to toe. “Damn, you’re fine.” He mumbled, leaning his face closer and I could smell the alcohol in his breath.
“Mhm…” my body was starting to heat up and I could feel my heart racing faster as I tried to take in what was happening.
“Wanna dance?” I felt his lips trail down my jawline and everything started to become hazy. I let my body droop into his arms as we stumbled to the dance floor, his arms securely wrapped around mine but that didn’t last long. Before I could even comprehend what was happening, my lover boy number two for the night was even thrown off me to the floor, causing my eyes to widen in surprise.
“Everyone get the fuck out!” Draven’s voice roared through the mansion and silence clouded the room instantly, except for the music of course. “I said, fuck outta here, now!” he was furious beyond words and I just stood stiff in my position, my mind becoming a little dizzy.
“Good god-”
“And you,” he turned to look at the guy I was going to hook up with and I didn’t have to look at Draven to know that he was glaring at him now. “I’ll give you three seconds to run before I rip your heart out!” he spat and I watched the guys eyes widen in fear before he scrammed away. How annoying, why can’t they just stand up to Draven and act like a man if they wanted the princess to fall in love with them and-” my thoughts were cut off when someone picked me up in his arms and I let out a squeal, my whole mind and surroundings becoming dizzy, causing bile to rise up in my throat.
“Stop-” I stopped and let out a gasp when I was dropped down, my body landing on a soft material. “Can you not!” I snapped, getting up from the bed and I was only going to sit up straight but Draven didn’t even let me do that much.
“You.” He glared, towering over me and holding both my wrists down on the bed, making me groan in annoyance.
“You what?” I stopped struggling and I watched his eyes grow a shade darker, his blue eyes almost turning pitch black and I wanted to giggle at the sight.
“The fuck were you doing?” he asked through gritted teeth and I rolled my eyes before using all my strength to jerk his hands away.
“I am sleepy…” I yawned and I watched Draven open his mouth to yell but shut it right back, his jawlines clenching in anger.
“You’re so fucking lucky you’re drunk right now, doll face.” I only giggled at his threat and he stared at me, emotionless, but the way he was still clenching his jawline gave him away.
“Ooh, Draven is mad.” I sang, booping his nose and he suddenly caught my wrist, yanking me forward. Our eyes met and I gave him my best puppy dog eyes, biting my lips gently.
“Are you really mad at me?” I asked softly, pouting my lips like there was no tomorrow and his eyes flickered onto them for just a second before meeting my gaze again, the anger in his eyes slightly rinsing away for some reason.
“Draven?” I called softly and I watched him flinch a little, his body slightly tensing up as I touched his jawline, moving my face closer to his. “I’m going to throw up.”
“What-” he stopped and groaned when I hurled all over his shirt, my vision slightly becoming dark as I held my breath. “Fuck.” I heard him huff out in frustration.
“You deserved that.” I grinned before blacking out completely, my body drooping into his arms.
x-x