CHAPTER 19

“Us…? What do you mean-”
“Here, here.”
“Nice to meet you, little pet.”
“Oh, let’s hurry and take her home.”
I heard some unfamiliar voices from behind as I stood up straight before turning around to face three guys, their eyes boring into mine as I froze in my position.
“Where did you all come from…?” I choked out, taking a step back as the guys huddled around me, Dexter stepping right in front of them before tilting his head to a side and giving me his usual cold grin.
“So she’s the one.” The one with the messy brown hair stepped forward, his grey eyes flickering in amusement and I took a step back before frowning at them all.
“Call me, Cony.” The male with the dark hair and freckles on his face greeted, holding out his hand but I stood still, contemplating to whether I should run or just scream for help. Although, I hardly doubt either of those plans were going to work right about now.
“We don’t have time to introduce ourselves right now-” before Dexter could finish, I pushed past them and started running, desperately bolting my way outside the park but it wasn’t long before one of the guys stepped in front of me, causing my face to slightly bump against his chest. I stumbled back and spun around but stopped to look up at Dexter, who was now letting out a sigh in annoyance.
“Do it.” Was all he uttered before someone grabbed my face with a soft material and I gasped for air, struggling to free from his tight grip. The stench of burning alcohol burnt through my nose and it didn’t take seconds for my vision to blurry before I drooped down onto his arms helplessly.
x-x

I peeled my eyes open and bolted up with a gasp before edging closer to the sofa, my eyes adjusting to the unfamiliar surroundings. Where am I?
“Did you sleep well, my little pet?” I heard a male voice and I turned to look at the guys, who were now walking up to me as I backed further against the sofa.
“She doesn’t like you Zavier.” Dexter teased, sitting down on the other side of the sofa and I glared at him before my eyes darted around the place, once again. Was this the mansion they lived in?
“Let me go.” I ordered and it was no surprise that the guys chuckled at my words.
“She must still be tired,” the guy named Cony chuckled before pointing his index finger at me, then back at him. “My name’s Cony.” He greeted and I kept silent as another male stepped forward.
“Zavier.” The male with the grey eyes and messy brown hair introduced but I didn’t even bother to acknowledge their presence.
“Francis.” The last unfamiliar guy greeted and it took me a few seconds to realize that he was shirtless right now, causing a light shade of pink to creep up on my cheeks.
“Don’t mind him, he’s always shirtless, most of the time.” Dexter grinned, clearly finding it amusing that I was getting embarrassed.
“Tell me about yourself, little pet.” Cony mumbled and I slightly flinched when the boys suddenly plopped down next to me, the guy named Francis, appearing behind the sofa as he pressed his chest against it, leaning closer to my neck from behind, and causing a shiver down my spine.
“Oh, she’s not talking.” Zavier groaned softly, leaning closer to my face but I sat still, not even finding the energy to brush him away.
“What’s wrong?”
“Are you mad?”
“Hungry?”
“That’s not good, we need you to be healthy and well for the special event tonight.”
My eyes widened at Dexter’s last sentence and I snapped my head to look at him.
“What do you mean? How long was I asleep?” I questioned and the boys looked at me in surprise before chuckling softly and shaking their heads.
“You slept here last night.” Zavier grinned and it took me a few seconds to take in his words.
“I have to go back…” I finally stood up but froze when the guys huddled around me, their eyes suddenly turning a shade darker as I backed away.
“You’re not getting away that easily.”
“Yes, we need you to use you in order to bring down the Ardeleans.”
“How long do we have to wait?”
I stared at them in confusion before looking at Dexter, wondering if he was going to let me go or not. Of course he had no intentions of letting me go, but hey, a girl can hope, right?
“I find it a bit odd that you haven’t screamed for help yet, sweetheart. Why?” Dexter questioned out of the blue and I went silent for a few seconds before turning to frown at him.
“Because I know it’s useless. You vampires always get to do what you want and get away with it. It’s been like that for decades.” I finally answered, slowly beginning to accept the fact that there was nothing I can do to escape from the vampires. No, in order for the humans to truly live in peace, we had to take a different step forward. In other words, we have to find a way to kill the vampires, rather than waste our energy trying to run away from them. That’s all we, humans have been doing our whole life and so far, it never worked. Maybe, it was about time we stood up and fought back against the vampires.
“Smart little girl, aren’t you, sweetheart,” Dexter sang, ruffling up his hair before motioning the boys to step back. “But rest assured, we do not plan to harm you in any way, unless you get on our bad side, of course.” His “sweet” words only pricked my nerves but I decided to keep silent, slightly curious to know why they had this sudden interest in me.
“What do you want from me? Who are you? Are you-”
“We’re the Armenius brothers. Does that ring a bell?” Cony questioned and my eyes widened at his words before I looked at Dexter, who simply grinned at my reaction.
“No way…but why? Why were you looking for me and why?-”
“Already told you, we need you to get rid of the Ardeleans. Now stop asking too many questions and get ready for tonight.” Dexter cut in rudely, walking past me impatiently and I stared after him as he climbed up a huge spiral staircase.
“Tonight?”
“Yes, yes, there is a special event tonight. The Ardelean brothers will be present too.” Francis whispered, running a hand on his bare chest and I turned away before going silent. What was up with this guy? Does he necessarily have to be shirtless?
“But you’ll be going with us, of course.” Zavier cooed. “So stay here for the day and don’t try anything funny okay?” he added with a warm smile.
“Unless you want to die.” Francis joined and my heart raced at his words.
“If I go to this event, will you let me go?” I questioned and I watched Francis take a step forward before embracing me into an unexpected hug, making my whole body stiffen at his touch.
“Of course,” he mumbled, pulling me closer to his bare chest. “Not.” He added with a mutter and I instantly jerked away before shooting him a glare. I should’ve seen that coming.
“Oh come on, don’t get upset. We promised to keep you safe until we get what we want. As long as you do as we say, I can assure you, that we will let you go. We have no intention of keeping an innocent girl against her will. We just need your help, little pet.” Cony explained, taking a step forward and giving me an apologetic look. I narrowed my eyes at him then slowly nodded when I came to understand that I had no choice or say in the matter either way. I had to go along or deny their wish and judging by their warnings and threats, I hardly doubt they’d be expecting me to disobey them. Plus, maybe this wasn’t so bad, considering the fact that if they were to go to war with the Ardeleans brothers, maybe they can kill each other and all of this can be over, once and for all? I know it sounds cruel but this was the only way we, humans can be at peace again.
x-x