CHAPTER 49

"I can't believe you're leaving."
"You are going to come back right?"
"She wouldn't. It's best for her there. Much safer back home."
I looked at the boys, making myself comfortable on the sofa with them. I've already decided to leave, no matter how stupid or dumb my decision was, it was mine to make. Draven and I would have never worked out either way. It was too dangerous for the both of us to be together. I had to stop trying. I had to stop him from taking all those risks and putting his life in danger for me. Not to mention, everyone around him as well. I don't want them to get dragged down into this because of me.
"I'm sorry. I just don't want you guys to be in danger because of me, not anymore. You've already done enough for me." I looked at everyone and then at Vincent, who turned away, obviously still upset about the whole idea of me leaving.
"The car is here." My breath hitched when I heard Lianna's cheerful voice echo through the room. She was pleased about this. Too pleased. I got up and looked at the boys as they got up. I hugged everyone and gave Vincent an apologetic look before turning to look at Lianna, who gave me the sweetest smile ever.
"Adriana, see me for a minute." I froze when I heard Draven's voice. I turned to watch him nod at me near the stairs and hesitantly walked over to him, fighting back the tears I fought so hard to keep in. Why did he want to see me at the last minute? I am trying so hard not to break down and if I see him alone like this, I'd probably not even be able to hold it in for another second. We didn't say anything until we reached up to his room. I followed him in and watched him turn around. My jaws dropped open when I noticed that his whole room were now covered in string lights, the table and bed decorated beautifully with candles and red roses. I gulped softly and looked at Draven, who gave me a small smile.
"Dra-ven, it's beautiful."
"I wanted to spend the last minutes with you like this," He took a step forward, running a hand through his hair nervously, messing it up in the process "I know this is going to sound cheesy as fuck, but," He chuckled but they held no emotion. You could easily see how broken he was. And it broke me too. To see him try so hard to the very end. If only it was easier than this. "Can I have one last dance?" He walked up to a huge speaker at the very corner of the bed and I hadn't even noticed it was there till until now. A familiar song started and I held back the tears as it started playing. Draven appeared in front of me and took my arms, already wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling my body closer to his. I breathed in his cologne and we started slow dancing to the song, my heart dropping as we continued moving to the music.
I'm not a perfect person
There's many thing I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know
I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you
A single drop of tear rolled down my cheeks as Draven's grip around my waist tightened and I quickly buried my face in his chest as I followed his movements, fighting back my trembling knees.
I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
Draven pulled back and swirled me around before pulling me back in his arms again, causing my heart to race faster than ever.

I've found a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you.
We stopped when the song ended and I was about to open my mouth to say something when he pressed a finger on it, shaking his head slightly.
"I have something for you." He said slowly and I looked at him in confusion before he took my shoulders, turning my back to face him. My body stiffened when his breath hit against my neck before a necklace was carefully wrapped around my neck. I looked down at it awe and touched it, my eyes carefully studying the beautiful design and carvings on it.
"It's beautiful." I finally said, turning around and his eyes briefly met the floor before meeting my own again.
"It's a vervain necklace. It'll protect you for as long as you wear it." He explained and I nodded with a small smile.
"Thank you, Draven." He nodded and opened his mouth to say something else when someone knocked on the door.
"Her parents are here, hurry up."