CHAPTER 23

For a few seconds, Draven just stood there, completely dumbstruck, as if he wasn’t expecting a “yes” from me and I simply tried to avoid his gaze, slightly glancing up at the floor and ceiling once in a while.
“You were going to give it to him?” he asked again and this time, I didn’t answer him. Instead, I tried to slip past him when a hand slammed on the wall, blocking me from going anywhere and I knew exactly what would happen next if I tried to avoid the conversation, so me being the super coward I am, stood still before meeting his eyes.
“He-he told me to get it so I-”
“So you listened to him?” he asked, closing his face to mine and I inhaled in his minty breath before shaking my head.
“I don’t know what to tell you. I was desperate.” I answered honestly, looking up at him and I watched him open his mouth to say something but stopped to look at me again.
“Do you have any idea what’s even inside that-” he stopped to take a step back before letting out a long sigh.
“What?”
“Forget it, go upstairs and sleep.” He said and was about to start leaving when I involuntarily grabbed his shirt. He stopped to glance back at me, his arms slipping into his pockets once again and I gripped it tightly, another disturbing image of him and that girl making out flashing through my mind.
“Stay…don’t lea-” I stopped when my eyes caught on a familiar figure and my jaws dropped open when I realized it was Francis, casually sitting on the sofa, next to some girls. What is he doing here?!
“Why?” Draven questioned and I snapped my attention towards him before shaking my head.
“No-nothing, you can go…” I trailed away and my eyes widened when I noticed Francis staring at me now, his eyes no leaving mine for even a second, making my pulse race ten times faster. What does he want? Was he here to kidnap me? Take me back? I don’t want to go back.
“Alright then,” I heard Draven say and he was about to start leaving again when I grabbed his forearm and shook my head repeatedly. “What is it, Adriana?” he questioned in annoyance and without warning, I started dragging him into the dining room where nobody was around and I could hear Draven calling out my name in frustration multiple times but I completely ignored him and fastened my pace instead.
“Chill, what’s gotten into you?” he finally jerked his hand away and I turned to look at him, my face already knotted in concern and fear as thoughts of Dexter came into my mind again.
“I-don’t leave. Just stay here for the night with me?” I suggested, glancing back and forth and I watched Draven’s eyes widen in disbelief before he chuckled a little.
“You’re kidding me right? Did you get hit in the head or something, doll face?” he asked, slightly amused and confused with my reaction and I simply started pacing back and forth, biting my nails nervously. What was he doing here?! He is aware that if he does get caught by Draven, he’s bound to get killed right?
“Adriana,” Draven called and I ignored him as I kept trying to figure out what Francis was planning to do by showing up here. “Adriana? Babe.” His last word made me flinch and I came to a halt before looking at him. He was already leaning against the wall, his arms folded across his chest as he stared at me in amusement.
“Don’t call me that…” I said finally, not liking the idea of him calling me another pet name one bit. Draven being the asshole he is, completely used those words against me because for the next few minutes, he kept calling me by that pet name, which frustrated me beyond words.
“Babe, babe, baby, babe,” he kept calling, trying to piss me off and it was honestly starting to get annoying now. “Adriana? Babe, ba-”
“Oh my god, just shut up and let me think, why do you keep-” before I could finish, he suddenly appeared in front of me and I gasped before taking a step back, trying to catch my balance in the process as well.
“Don’t do that!” I raised my voice, looking up to watch Draven tilt his head to a side with a lopsided grin. God, who knew he could act so childish.
“You’re such a doll face,” he amused, taking a hold of my chin and raising them up to meet his eyes.
“And you’re such a dick.” I mumbled, trying my best not to curse myself for blabbering out those words. Since when did I get so comfortable around him?
Draven let out a soft laugh and for the first time, it sounded genuine. His laugh was contagious, like one of those laughs you hear from those perfect and hot guys in movies. Yeah, it was definitely one of those contagious ones.
“Go get some sleep now.” He said finally and I shook my head.
“I can’t, so stay-”
“Adriana, I can’t stay here the rest of the night and neither can you. So just get some sleep. It’s already late.” He said finally, his voice returning back to their cold one and it kind of saddened me to know that he was getting impatient with me again.
“I’m staying here, I can’t go-”
“Why not?” he cut in, raising his voice and I inhaled deeply before going silent again.
“For fuck’s sake, Adriana, go. I’ll send Edward to send you off to your room so do wander about.” He started to leave when I stepped in front of him again.
“Please, just for tonight, I promise. I really don’t want to be alone.” I stated softly and he narrowed his eyes down at me.
“Why? Is something wrong?” he questioned and I shook my head.
“I just-I don’t want to be alone tonight so please, Draven…” I started pleading, biting my bottom lip to stop myself from slipping out anything more. I saw his eyes flicker onto my lips for a few seconds before looked at me again.
“It could just be for a few hours or-” I froze when I found his lips connected to mine, sending the butterflies in my stomach on a rampage. Before I knew it, I was lifted up and placed on the dining table as I wrapped my legs around his torso and kissed him back passionately, our lips savoring each other’s before he licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance. As much as I wanted to fight back, I couldn’t, and let him in almost instantly and allowed him to explore my mouth. What am I doing? Why am I kissing him back?
“Wait, I can’t do it.” I said finally, pulling back and his lips parted with a short gasp.
“Fuck, just kiss me one more time.” He said in an almost pleading voice before leaning closer to my lips hungrily and I shook my head before eyeing around the room, praying that nobody was watching us.
“I can’t, not here.” I breathed and without warning, Draven scooped me up in his arms and I started to feel dizzy. Before I could say anything, he dropped me down and I landed on a soft material with a gasp. My jaws dropped open when I realized that we were already in my room and before I could sit up, Draven swiftly slipped off his shirt and towered over me, his fingers grazing through my hair as I lay absolutely still with a pounding heart.
“Kiss me, one more time.” He said again and I opened my mouth to say something when he pressed his lips on mine. I froze for a few seconds before wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him back, his teeth already tugging and biting my bottom lip, causing goosebumps to rise all over my body. My breath hitched when I felt his fingers slip up against my shirt before he grabbed a hold of my waist, pressing his body on mine as the kiss started to get more rough and demanding.
“Draven…” I breathed when he pulled away and moved down to my neck, placing multiple wet kisses on them. I held back a moan when he started sucking on my soft spot but it eventually slipped out, causing Draven’s body to tense up even more.
“Drav-” I froze when I felt his tongue graze my neck multiple times, making me feel a little uncomfortable. “Wa-wait, stop-” I started to panic when he kept licking the same spot hungrily, the grip he had on my waist only tightening up when I tried to break free.
“You smell so fucking good-” his voice sounded so distant and different, making my whole body crumble in fear but somehow, I managed to fight back.
“Please, Draven, you’re scaring me now…stop…” I started pleading but deep down, I knew it wasn’t helping. He was losing control. “Stop-” I choked out when I felt something sharp graze against my skin, causing tears to well in my eyes. With the last ounce of strength I had, I grabbed his shoulders and pushed him off me, the tears already rolling down my cheeks in both anger and fear.
“Adriana-” he started to say as soon as he realized what he was about to do and I shook my head angrily.
“No! Just stay away from me!” I yelled, backing away to the very edge of the bed, covering my neck and making sure that he hadn’t bit me. I was lucky.
“I’m sorry, it was an accident, I wasn’t thinking straight-”
‘I don’t care, just stay away from me Draven! I don’t want you anywhere near me!” I snapped when he drew closer towards me, my whole body trembling as I wiped my tears.
“I’m sorry, it was an accident-” he stopped when I got up from my position and started leaving. “Adriana, please!” he called, grabbing my hand and spinning me around to face him but I immediately jerked myself away.
“I shouldn’t have kissed you back. It was a mistake. You’re a vampire and that’s never going to change.” I expected him to get mad at my words but for some reason, his expression remained the same. Guilt and hurt filled his eyes as he took a step forward and I took one back out of fear.
“It was an accident, it won’t happen again-”
“Leave me alone, Draven…please.” I stated softly, turning around and glared at him as he stepped in front of me again.
“Come on, doll face-” before he could finish, I brushed past him and stormed out of the room, completely ignoring him. I was about to walk back downstairs when I bumped into someone and fell on sitting position. With a groan, I looked up to face Francis, as usual, his shirt already halfway unbuttoned and my eyes widened in both shock and fear.
“Were you trying to hide from me, love?” he jumped right into the truth, bending down to meet my gaze and my heart dropped at his words. The music was so much louder than it was before and I opened my mouth to scream for help but no words seemed to come out anymore.
“I-I…”
“Oh, got nothing to say?” he caressed my cheeks, his long cold fingers resting on my cheeks and my eyes widened in fear. You look so cute when you’re scared, you know that?” he mumbled, closing in on my face with no expression and I struggled to find the words, more like, scream the right words.
“Now, Adriana, what should I do with you?”

xxx