CHAPTER 39

“Why are you still awake?” Draven’s sleepy voice almost made me gasp but I pressed my lips together into a thin line, my back still facing him as I remained silent. How the hell does he know?! Forget it, just pretend that you’re sleeping and-
“You heartbeat is getting faster.” He mumbled and I cursed a million times in my head before continuing to ignore him. “Really, Adriana?” he sighs, slightly holding my shoulders and I gasped before sitting up straight, brushing away a few strands of hair away from my face in frustration.
“I’m just not sleepy.” I lied and I watched him extend his arms to reach for the pillow, flexing his muscles in the process.
“Right, try to sleep.” He muttered, shoving a pillow on his face and I turned my face away from him. Everything Lianna said, I should consider it. No matter how bitchy she can be sometimes, her words were true.
“I’ll go grab a glass of water and come back.” I looked at Draven and I watched the pillow shake from side to side, causing me to frown.
“Last time you left to get one, Dexter somehow managed to get in remember? I’m not taking that chance again.” He muffled through the pillow and I let out a deep sigh.
“It’s just a glass of water.” I muttered, ready to get up when a hand grabbed my waist. I turned to look at Draven, who still had a pillow on his face as he tightened the grip.
“No.”
“Draven!” I huffed, trying to free my grip but it was no use.
“I’ll get you one, I need to check up on something anyways.” He shoved the pillow away and got up, suddenly disappearing out of the room. I let out a huff in defeat and shook my head, turning to my right and froze when I noticed a familiar bracelet. My heart raced at the sight, the blue topaz glimmering in the darkness, making me quiver in excitement. Speaking of Vervain bracelets. I slowly reached to take it, slipping it on almost immediately. I hadn’t even noticed that’s it’s been there the whole time. Draven must have left it here today.
“With this, I can run away.” I mumbled hesitantly, tracing my fingers on the topaz, my heart racing at the thought. Do I really want to run away? No. But what choice do I have either way? Sooner or later, he’s going to choose, and it’s not going to be me.
“What’s taking him so long?” I finally huffed out, shaking my thoughts away before I pull another dumb stunt tonight. I folded my hands across my chest, staring at the door for what seemed like forever before letting out another growl. What’s taking him so long anyways? My eyes wandered around the room before it landed on the wardrobe and a childish idea popped into my head, causing a smirk to tug on my lips. I looked at the vervain bracelet before walking up to the wardrobe, opening it and stepping in, quickly shutting the doors halfway. Oh Draven is so going to get it. He’s going to get all pissed thinking I ran away and I know this was evil but come on, the guy deserves this every once in a while. After a few minutes, I finally saw the door open to reveal Draven walking in, carrying a glass of water. His black joggers were now hung loosely on his hips, revealing his V-line and thank god he wasn’t able to hear my heartbeat or else I would be so fucked right now. Is it just me or is it getting hot in here?
“Sorry I was late, I-” I heard him pause and I squinted my eyes, trying to catch his figure between the small crack on the wardrobe doors. “Adriana?” I heard him knock on the toilet door before opening it. My heart almost ripped out of my chest when I heard him call out my name, the heavy footsteps around the room almost making me choke on the air I was breathing.
“It’s not funny Adriana,” he finally stated and I could sense the panic and concern in his voice as he paced around the room, bending down to check under the bed before getting up and hissing something along the lines, “Shit, she didn’t-”. Silence clouded the room and I peeped out to notice the room empty, causing me to grin from ear to ear. Guess he went to find out where I was hiding. I decided to play this prank a little longer and stood still, the fabric of clothes brushing against my face as I took in deep breaths. So the bracelet really works hunh? After another 10 minutes or less, I decided to come out, my eyelids feeling heavy by now. Draven was still nowhere to be seen and I let out a sigh, plopping on the bed before closing my eyes shut. He will probably look for me for a while and then come back right? Right. I let out a sigh, wondering if I should have pulled this prank or not. I mean, he will probably be okay after he sees me asleep right? Speaking of which, go to sleep Adriana, before he shows up and gives you the lecture of a lifetime. I closed my eyes shut and it didn’t even take seconds for me to drift off into deep sleep.
x-x