CHAPTER 8

“Draven, I don’t remember, I swear.” I said for the millionth time tonight and he simply narrowed his eyes at me, his eyebrows slightly raising up at my response, which supposedly was a “lie” to him. 
“That bracelet, take it off.” He ordered and I slightly frowned at him before looking at the bracelet in confusion. Why was he getting so worked up over this dumb thing? He's been asking me about this bracelet the whole day and guess he finally snapped tonight.
“Why?” I questioned and I heard Draven hiss before shooting me a glare, clearly annoyed by the fact that I was “questioning” his all mighty highness.
“It’s not just any bracelet, Adriana. It contains an herb called Vervain and it protects you from getting compelled,” he spilled finally, turning to look at me and I could feel my eyes widen in disbelief. “But I suppose you already knew that when you received it, didn’t you doll face?” He accused in an irritated tone and I shook my head in protest, sitting up on my bed.
“I swear-”
“Either way, I want you to take it off.” He muttered, cutting me off and I pressed my lips into a thin line before stretching my hands towards him and mumbling the words “Take it”. I heard Draven sigh in frustration and I looked up at him as he furrowed his eyebrows even tighter which kind of bothered me because I was only following his command so I see no reason why he has to act this annoyed. 
“Don’t you think I would if I could?” he slightly raised his voice and I blinked in confusion before it hit me. So wait, he can’t take it off by force?
“I’ll give it,” I said, touching the bracelet and biting my bottom lip hesitantly. “In exchange for my necklace.” I finished and I watched Draven slightly flinch at my words before he reached into his pockets, taking out my necklace and tangling it in-between his fingers.
“Fine.” He said and within seconds, I slipped off the bracelet, handing it to Draven and was about to take my necklace when Draven clutched my cheeks, his face leaning closer to meet my gaze. “Next time, don’t expect a bargain.” He said coldly, releasing his grip and throwing the necklace on the bed as I exhaled deeply. Close call.
That night, I tossed and turned, unable to fall asleep. With another deep sigh, I threw off my blanket and jumped off the bed before sneaking out of my room. Why can’t I just go to sleep tonight?
“Maybe I can grab something to eat.” I mumbled to myself before walking through the hallway but it wasn’t long before Finn appeared in front of me, interrupting my little plans. I gasped and was about to take a step back when he grabbed my waist, jerking me closer towards him, causing me to squeal. 
“What do you want?” I asked, looking up to meet his brown eyes before placing a hand firmly on his chest, just to make sure that he couldn’t lean any more closer than he already was. 
“Where’re you wondering about, sweetheart?” he asked and I went silent for a few seconds before smacking my lips together in annoyance.
“I’m going to eat.” I responded, giving him a small push and he untangled his hand before brushing a hand through his straight, brown hair, a small smirk forming on his lips. “What?” I questioned and he leaned against the wall, his smirk deepening at my question. Talk about creepy.
“Ah, so you’re going to join us tonight?” he asked, taking a step forward and fear rushed through my face as I shook my head. “Why not?” he asked, taking a few more steps forward and out of instinct, I took not one, but five steps back before bumping against the wall. Bad move, because the next thing I knew, Finn had me trapped between his hands that were now placed on either side of my neck and I held back the urge to scream. I knew it was no use.
“I’m just hungry, Finn…” I mustered up the courage to say and he leaned his face closer, his minty breath fanning against my lips as I tried to find a way to slip past him.
“So am I.” he mumbled weakly and I was about to say something when a familiar voice interrupted us, causing Finn to take a step back almost instantly.
“Adriana, come here.” Vincent repeated and I quickly rushed up to him, glancing back at Finn, who was now giving us a serious look. I've got to give some points for Vincent, he’s always saving my ass from situations like these. I straddled next to him, struggling to even my heart beats and Vincent cleared his throat as we reached downstairs.
“It’s so dark in here.” I stated, looking around the dark surrounding and sighed in relief when I noticed the dim light above us.
“Why aren’t you asleep?” Vincent questioned, turning around and giving me a serious look. “It’s not safe.” He added and I groaned before sitting down on the last step of the stairs.
“I couldn’t. I don’t know why,” I responded and Vincent sat down next to me, his blue eyes gleaming inside the darkness and I tried my best to avoid eye-contact. “Can I ask you something?” I asked and he nodded, turning to face me.
“Shoot.” He said shortly and I smiled a little.
“Draven, why is everyone so scared of him?” I asked and Vincent chuckled softly before reaching into his pockets to pick something.
“He’s not as dangerous as some people assume him to be,” he responded, taking out a small injection filled with red liquid and I stared at it in surprise. “But that’s the kind of image he prefers to have.” Vincent said, rolling up his sleeves and I was about to say something when he pierced the needle through his skin, causing me to gasp.
“What are you doing?” I asked and he simply injected the liquid before pulling the needle away.
“Blood.” He mumbled with a smile and I stared at him, confusion written all over my face now.
“This way I won’t have to feed on the humans.” He said and I gave him a look of doubt. A vampire injecting blood rather than feeding on humans? Get real.