CHAPTER 13

“Get off me!” I snapped with the last ounce of courage I had and pushed Draven off my body. He stood up, his face unfazed from everything that just happened and I wiped away my tears before glaring at him in hatred.
“How could you-”
“Do you feel better?” he interrupted with a mumble and I stopped to think for a minute. “Your fever should be gone by now.” He assured, walking up to my dressing table and taking a tissue before wiping off the blood from his lips. My eyes widened and I placed a hand on my forehead, just to make sure he was telling the truth and sure enough, the fever was almost gone by now.
“How did you do that?” I asked softly, sitting up straight now that I regained all my energy back. I felt so much better to be honest.
“My blood healed you.” He was clearly rubbing that statement on my face, giving me an annoyed look and I went silent.
“I thought I’d turn into a-”
“A monster?” he cut me off, his voice laced with venom and I pressed my lips together into a thin line. “Only if I wanted to. Like I said, it doesn’t work that way. You can only turn into a vampire if you have my consent.” He explained, slipping off his shirt and I blushed slightly before turning away.
“I didn’t know…” I said softly and I heard him mutter something to himself before sighing.
“You didn’t bother to listen.” He said with a hint of annoyance in his voice and I gave him a fake-guilty look. It’s not like I asked for his help but then again, it’s also kind of selfish not to be grateful. After all, he did it with good intentions right? Right.
“Thank you Dra-”
“Don’t!” he snapped and I gasped when he appeared in front of the bed, leaning down to grab my cheeks roughly.
“I told you, doll face, I am done playing nice with you.” He squeezed my cheeks and lifted them up to meet his cold, icy blue eyes.
“But I-” before I could start, Draven hissed and I immediately shut my mouth before he released me from his grip.
“Get ready for the party tomorrow.” He said shortly before walking up to the door, carrying his shirt around his shoulder. I’m guessing he stripped it off because there was blood smudged all over it?
“What party?” I asked and he turned to glance at me, giving me an expressionless look.
“Figure it out.” He grumbled impatiently before leaving the room, leaving me confused.

At midnight, I slipped on a black ripped jeans with a long sleeved black crop top before rushing out of my room to meet Vincent. I practically ran downstairs and my eyes instantly caught on Vincent, who was waiting for me near the main door, his face knotting up in concern as soon as he noticed me.
“Adriana, he’s not here. I don’t think it’s safe for you to go out right now.” He started changing his mind the moment I walked up to him and I shook my head.
“Who’s not here? And you promised Vincent! I was looking forward to it the whole night.” I whined, putting my hands on my hips in frustration and he ruffled up his hair nervously.
“I think Draven went out, I couldn't find him. What if you bump into him? And why do you want to go out for a walk anyways? Are you planning to run away again because you know it’s impossible-”
“I am not Vincent, I just want to get some fresh air, that’s it.” I cut him off, brushing away my hair impatiently and he gave me another look before sighing.
“Please, just a small walk. I’ve been stuck here for two weeks, Vincent. It’s driving me insane.” I started using the sympathy card, hoping he would let me go and luckily for me, Vincent was the type of guy to fall for my little pity act.
“Fine, but if something happens to you-”
“Vincent!” I whisper-shouted, cutting him off impatiently and I saw something flash in his eyes before it disappeared.
“Be back in ten minutes. And be careful,” He smiled a little, walking past me and opening the door. “Everyone’s in the dining room. Feeding time is about to begin and I’ll distract them for as long as I can.” He mumbled and I quickly nodded before rushing out of the mansion, a cold breeze greeting me as I stepped out on the lawn.
“Should I take a quick walk or go visit my parents?” I wondered as I passed through the gate and outside. I noticed only a few people around the area and shuddered as the darkness surrounded my figure. 
“Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea.” I mumbled to myself, looking up at the full moon and hugging myself.
“Fancy meeting you here, sweetheart.” A familiar voice called and I spun around to face Dexter, his blue eyes penetrating into mine as I took not one but several steps back.
“What the hell, Dexter? What are you doing here?!” I whisper-shouted, darting my head around, praying nobody noticed his presence yet.
“Why are you always so jumpy?” he teased, slipping his hand inside the hoodie and walking up to me as I took another step back.
“I don’t trust you!” I blabbered out, narrowing my eyes as he laughed a short-laugh before scratching the side of his jawline.
“You don’t say…” he mumbled, sarcasm clearly evident in his voice and I kept my mouth shut for a while, contemplating to whether I should just go back inside or stay and have a decent conversation with this weirdo. “Take a deep breath first.” He suggested with a chuckle, walking up to me and I was about to back up when he cupped my face, lifting them up to fixate his gaze on mine.
“Let go-”
“Breathe, I’m not going to hurt you. You have my word.” He said softly, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips and I couldn’t help but shudder at his touch.
“I’m not afraid of you, Dexter. I just want some answers.” I lied, brushing away his hands and he raised a brow before walking up to the huge oak tree and leaning against it.
“Go ahead.” He said shortly, tilting his head to a side as I walked closer, making sure I kept a safe distance between us. Like I said, I don't trust this guy anymore.
“Who are you? What have you against vampires? Why did you give me that bracelet? How did we meet up that night? Why do you keep stalking me?” I started pouring down all my questions and he kept nodding his head at every one of them, his expression remaining indifferent at all of my questions.
“I already told you my name. I gave you that bracelet because I wanted to protect you. I followed you that night and met up near your tent. You were already drunk.” He answered after a while and I walked closer to him, folding my hands across my chest.
“Where was everybody when you gave me that bracelet? How were you not seen?” I asked, feeling a little impatient and he simply shrugged at my question.
“They weren’t around when I saw you. I was cautious enough, sweetheart.” He confirmed, slipping his hands inside the jeans and picking out another bracelet that looked very familiar to the one he gave me. The only difference was the red stone that was embedded in the middle of it. 
“What have you against vampires? Why are you helping me, Dexter?” I hugged myself tightly as he slipped the bracelet back inside. Why is it so cold tonight?
“I don’t have anything against vampires, I just have some unfinished business with Draven Cruz.” He raised his voice, walking towards me and I took a few steps back, my heart racing at his words.
“Wh-why?” I stammered a little, clearly intimidated by his presence and he gave me an expressionless look before a grin crept up on his face.
“Now that, I can’t spill,” he said, scratching the back of his hair. “Have I finally gained your trust now?” he cooed and I simply shook my head.
“I’m sorry but your story doesn’t add up. The vampires would have been able to sense your presence, heck, your heartbeat itself would have given you away that night” I protested, shaking my head and I watched him flinch a little before letting out a sigh.
“Guess you’re not as dumb as I thought you’d be.” He barely muttered under his breath and my eyes widened at his blunt words.
“Excuse me?” I took another step back and he scratched the back of his hair again.
“Why don’t you put the pieces together and figure it out, sweetheart,” he started, walking up to me and this time, I didn’t back away. “How was I able to get away if I was surrounded by blood thirsty vampires?” he returned the question at me and I looked at him in confusion. How was I supposed to know?
“That’s what I’m asking you, so tell me.” I demanded out loud, not even bothering to conceal my voice anymore.
“Tick tock, tick tock, think fast, love.” He sang, tapping the watch on his wrist and I let out a frustrated sigh. Okay, this guy was definitely playing with my head now.
“There is no way you would have been able to get away unless-” I started to blabber but then froze when it hit me. No-no, no way. That was out of the question.
“Unless what?” he asked, clearly amused with my surprised expression and I let out a nervous laugh before shaking my head in disbelief.
“Nothing, it’s out of the question…” I trailed away but stiffened when he took a step forward, decreasing the only space left between us.
“I wouldn’t be so sure about that, love,” he whispered, leaning closer to my ears and my breath hitched at his words.
“Are-are you saying th-that you’re a-” before I could finish, Dexter pressed his index finger on my lips and hushed me before shaking his head, another grin appearing on his face.
“Another time then, yeah?” he suggested and I was about to say something when he turned around and started running.
“Wait!” I yelled but he didn’t stop. With a sigh, I turned around and let out a groan when I realized that it had been almost ten minutes by now. What the hell was up with that guy? Was he planning to help me or not?
I quickly rushed inside and slowly opened the door to the mansion before walking in, feeling a little irritated that the only few minutes I got to spend alone was ruined by that creepy stalker.
“Thank god.” I breathed, realizing that nobody was around and started heading back upstairs to my room. Just as I walked inside my room, my eyes caught on the familiar figure standing near my wardrobe and my pulse started racing instantly, my whole body almost trembling upon seeing Draven’s furious expression.
“Where the fuck have you been?!” He snapped, bolting up to me in such a speed, I mentally squealed before backing away and bumping against the door.
“I-I just went out for a quick-”
“Who the fuck gave you permission to go out?!” he yelled, slamming his hands on either side of my neck on the door and I whimpered before taking in a shaky breath, trying to even my heartbeats.
“I-I’m sorry-”
“I don’t want another fucking apology! I already warned you Adriana, I am done playing your little games.” He spat with venom in his voice, his breath fanning against my lips and I clutched my hands together to stop myself from shaking any further.
“I promise it was nothing more than a walk, I would never run away again-”
“Perhaps I should pay another visit to your parents.” He interrupted, giving me his usual cold glare and I shook my head, my eyes widening the size of saucers.
“I didn’t do anything! It was just a walk, if I knew that…” I trailed away, swallowing down the lump in my throat.
“Too late, doll face.” His voice turned all soft before he grabbed my shoulders, roughly pushing me to a side and opening the door. No, not my parents again!
“Draven, stop! I’m sorry!” I cried, running through the hallways and catching up to his fast pace before grabbing his hands, tears already threatening to fall.
“Don’t waste your breath!” he spat, jerking his hand away and was about to start walking when I stepped in front of him, tightly grabbing his black leathered and shaking my head.
“I’ll do anything! Please, don’t hurt them Draven! Anything but that, you can’t do that again, I would never forgive you!” I cried, hitting his chest and gasped when he grabbed my wrists before slamming me against the wall. I winced in pain and was about to apologize again when Draven glared at me, causing my breath to hitch in fear.
“What makes you think I need your fucking-forgiveness, doll face?” he asked through gritted teeth, squeezing my wrists and I took in his words.
“I’ll make it up for you, anything! I promise, Draven, please-” I decided to go to my last resort and start begging again.
“Anything?” his voice turned all soft at my words and I watched him close his face to mine before I nodded quickly.
“I promise...” I choked out and he gave me another look before inching his lips so close to mine, I had to press them both together, just in case they grazed against mine.
“Kiss me, doll face.” He whispered, his lips barely touching mine now and my mouth slightly hung open at his words.
“Wh-why? Why would you want me to...?”
“Because I know how much you hate it,” he started, pressing his lips on my cheeks and guiding them to my ears, causing my whole body to freeze. “And I want you to know just how much I enjoy seeing you like this.” His words were as sick as ever and I shuddered when his breath hit against my earlobes, an uncontrollable whimper escaping through my lips. I know for a fact that Draven was enjoying this because I felt him smirk against my jawline before he met my gaze, the tension on his face fading away and getting replaced with a more serious gesture. 
“Draven-”
“You want forgiveness?” he asked, releasing his grip and grabbing my waist before jerking my body closer to his. “Kiss me.” He mumbled, leaning his face closer and I bit my bottom lip, brushing away my tears as I took in a shaky breath. There was no time to think or compromise. I know what Draven was capable of, it was always best to never question him.  “O-okay but promise me that-”
“Screw it.” I heard Draven say before grabbing my cheeks and leaning into a rough kiss, covering his lips perfectly on mine before pressing my body against the wall. I grabbed his shirt and was about to pull away when he bit my bottom lip so hard, I gasped in pain. Draven being Draven, used this chance to slip his tongue inside and press his body against mine and I tried my best not to give in and break down on the floor. Just as he deepened the kiss, someone cleared their voice and I instantly pulled away, parting our lips before quickly rubbing the back of my palm on my lips in disgust. I heard Draven growl in frustration before turning to face Jason, who was now walking up to us with a small smirk on his face and I felt a blush creep up on my face before I turned away.
“What is it?” Draven asked and I was about to slip past him when he tangled an arm around my waist, holding me in place.
“It’s about the Armenius-”
“What about them?” Draven interrupted and Jason ruffled up his brown straight hair before sighing, the color on his face fading away within seconds.
“I don’t know the details either but apparently, they came back to our town in order to find something,” he started, glancing at me with his sterling grey eyes and I narrowed my eyes at him. “Someone.” He corrected, looking at Draven and then back at me, his eyes slightly flickering in suspicion and confusion.
“I’m assuming they already found this person?” Draven questioned with no emotion in his voice and Jason slowly nodded before shifting his gaze back at me as he leaned against the nearest wall, folding his arms across his chest in a serious manner.
“They’re looking for her.” He said softly, pointing his index finger at me and my jaws dropped open at his words before I turned to look at Draven, who flinched a little.
“I-I don’t un-understand-”
“They’re looking for you, Adriana,” Jason cut me off, his voice remaining serious as he took a step forward.
“They want you.”