CHAPTER 42

“Where is my bracelet?” I searched around the bed and looked at Draven, who simply turned away, suddenly ignoring my presence.
“It’s not yours to keep.” He muttered under his breath and I frowned at him.
“Draven, let me keep it-”
“No, it’s because of that thing, I can't seem to trace your presence every fucking-” he stopped to let out a huff and I started to get out of the bed when he took my shoulders, shaking his head.
“You need to rest.”
“I have been resting for two days now, I want to see everyone and thank the guys too,” I said, tossing the sheets and bolting up to my wardrobe. I opened it, picking a random black mini skirt and a long sleeved pink sweater.
“You better not be here when I am done showering.” I hissed, grabbing the towel and rushing inside. After taking a long shower and contemplating a few things, I wore my clothes and stepped out, only to meet Draven’s piercing gaze again.
“I told you-”
“I’m keeping an eye on you, every second, every minute of every day from now on.”
“Wow, okay, you need to take a step back because-” I sighed when I noticed how unamused and serious he was.
“I’m serious.”
“Alright, but Draven?” I didn’t turn to look at him as I started drying my hair with the towel but I could feel his intense staring as I let out a sigh. “I’m going to visit my parents right now,”
“I’ve already told them you’re fine and-”
“But I am still going.”
“You’re not going anywhere, Adriana, I made that very clear last night,” I stiffened when I felt his shirt brush against mine from behind. “The answer is no, you’re not-”
“I’m not asking for your permission, Draven,” I turned to frown at him and noticed him flinch a little. “I am going to see them, whether I have to force myself out or not. They’re my parents and they deserve to at least hold their daughter after knowing she was almost kidnapped, again.” I emphasized and Draven simply stared at me, frustration and plead filling his eyes but I gave him another determined look before walking past him, leaving the room.

x-x

“Edward, get off me!” I groaned, trying to push him off my body as he embraced me into the millionth hug.
“I thought we had lost you for sure this time.” He whined and I noticed Raymond making a face in disgust before he rolled his eyes. I smiled and thanked the boys, once again and stopped when Lianna cleared her throat, brushing her hair to a side.
“You too, Lianna, thank you.” I smiled a little and she simply nodded as the guys and I went back to chatting.
“I’m really glad you’re fine.” I heard Vincent say but for some reason, I couldn’t bring myself to look at him at all, instead, I just smiled at the other guys and went back to chatting.
“So I’m visiting my parents today,” I flinched when I noticed everyone immediately frown at my news. “Don’t worry, I talked to Draven and maybe one of you can tag along with me, put me off and then pick me up when I give a call?”
“Adriana, I really don’t think it’s safe for you to-”
“I’ll only take a few hours.” I cut off Alaric and eyed Draven, who joined us at the sofa as well.
“I’ll go with you.”
“No!” I snapped as soon as Vincent started to get up and I noticed something flash in his eyes before the boys raised a brow at my outburst. “I can just go with Lianna, if she doesn’t mind?” I looked at Lianna and surprisingly, she nodded with a smile. What was wrong with me? Did I actually believe Dexter when he mentioned Vincent working for him? I mean, his phone number really-
“Let’s go before Draven changes his mind, sweetie.” Lianna got up and I glanced at Draven, who just kept silent, his eyes locked on mine as I stood up as well.
“Adriana-”
“It’ll only take an hour or so.” I cut him off immediately and hurried my way out with Lianna. I got into the car and noticed Draven walking out, his eyes not ripping away from me as we drove off.

x-x

“You’ve been here for quiet a while now, darling, are you sure it’ll be okay?” my mother’s voice asked softly as she placed a plate of pasta on the table. I nodded with a smile and hugged her one more time before turning to eat my food.
“We were so worried-”
“Mom, if you keep talking about it, you’ll end up crying for the third time since I came here.” I gave her a small pout and  watched her laugh weakly, her eyes still glimmering in tears.
“We made a mistake,” my father croaked out and I snapped my head towards him. “To let you go that day.” He glanced at my mother only once before taking a sip out of his wine and I went silent.
“If living with Draven is putting you in danger then-”
“Mom, it’s fine, we don’t have to go there,” I cut her off, slightly hurt and frustrated by their words. “What were you guys expecting anyways?” I muttered under my breath and I noticed the hurt flash in their eyes before they exchanged glances.
“We were only trying to-”
“It doesn’t matter now, I’m sorry I made it sound like that.” I smiled weakly before continuing to finish up the pasta. I can’t ruin today, a chance like this was hard to come. Hell, I might never get a chance to see them again, considering the fact that I already passed my “curfew.”
“Is she here?!” I heard familiar voices from the sitting room before Emily and Mark popped out of nowhere, causing my jaws to drop open.
“Oh my god!” Emily threw herself at me as soon as I got up and I laughed a short before hugging her back and then Mark. “We heard everything, it’s crazy.” Emily grabbed my hand and Mark agreed, narrowing his eyes at me in worry.
“I don’t want to hear that from you after you legit ditched me there.” I folded my hands across my chest and Emily simply gave me a cheeky grin before sighing.
“I had to, my parents are really sick and I had no choice but to leave without a notice. I called Draven multiple times but he refused to put you on the phone, that bastard kept going on about what was in it for him and-”
“Don’t start.” I cut her off with a laugh and Emily let out a huff in frustration.
“I’ll leave you guys to catch up on.” My mother chimed in with a smile and we nodded with a grin before rushing up to my room.
Hours passed with us catching up and me spilling the beans on Dexter. Mark would curse every five seconds and go on about how Draven was irresponsible for not being able to take care of me while Emily would go on and on about the horrible things she was going to do when she catches Dexter.
“Darling,” my mother suddenly bursted inside the room and I snapped my head to look at her panicked form. “It’s Draven.” She said softly, handing me her phone and I let out a sigh before taking it.
“Yes?”
“It’s already 9 pm, you said you'd only take an hour.”
“Draven I’m fine, stop worrying.” I stopped when I heard him let out a sigh.
“Tell him to chill.” Mark said out loud and I hissed at him to keep quiet.
“Who was that?” Draven's voice turned all serious.
“That’s Mark, the one we met the mall a month ago.” I stated softly and bit my bottom lip when I heard him let out a huff in frustration.
“Come back right now.” He said in a dangerously low tone and I know for a fact that he was getting mad now.
“Draven-”
"Come back right now, Adriana.”
“I’ll be there in a while, alright.” I said finally and hung up the phone before shaking my head at everyone, indicating that everything was alright.
x-x