Chapter 12

Emily POV:

Emily POV:

I jump into his arms squealing excitedly!! I'm not actually sure why I stuck up for Aiden if I'm being honest. It kinda just happened and although I had felt guilty that I had chosen Aiden over Luke I was happy it worked out, and for reasons unknown to me, I felt as though it wouldn't be the last time I would choose the bad boy over my best friend.

I let go of him still smiling before another frown finds its way onto my face, slowly I let go of Luke's arm but still stand close to him and look him in the eye, he looks back at me in confusion.

"Luke, why didn't you tell me that you compete at the tracks?" I ask gently, with what I assume a hurt expression.

Luke's eyes widen at my question, shock being evident all over his features. "Em, you have to understand, the tracks, they're extremely dangerous. I've wanted to tell you for ages but have never gotten the chance, I know you and I know that if you knew, you'd want me to take you and I can't do that" he says guiltily after a minute, "how did you find out, was it Aiden?"

"That doesn't matter, Luke why do you compete, you have heaps of money," I ask looking at him.

"I don't know, the adrenaline maybe? I know I have no reason to but Aiden taught me how to race back when we were close and I had always loved the feeling, I don't know. The danger perhaps?" he questions quietly, looking down in shame and making me feel a little guilty to had made him feel this way.

"I'm sorry, I understand why you didn't tell me but you know me well enough to know that now I'm going to ask you to take me there and before you say no, you know my curiosity will get to me and I'll find out myself with no knowledge of the place and the threat of my safety," I say confidently, I know I probably sound like a brat but my curiosity had always gotten the best of me and often put me in dangerous positions, that and I was worried about Luke, and maybe even Aiden.

"I know" he sighs, "If we go, you need to promise me that you won't leave my side unless I tell you, and I don't want Charlie finding out because putting one of you in danger is enough for me," he insists and I instantly brighten up.

I hadn't expected him to take me right now but I definitely wasn't complaining.

"Go get dressed" he groans in obvious distaste. I squeal once again and jump onto him, still in the pool. Although he tries to hide it, I notice his smile, probably because of how excited I am.

"I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you" I squeal, "Oh my god Luke, you can also apologize to Aiden while we're there if he is."

"I love you too, and I definitely will" he replies, something about his tone was sad but I presume it's because I'm practically forcing him to take me somewhere I won't be safe.

"What do I wear?" I ask Luke smiling like a child at Christmas.

"Something very casual and very covered" Luke replies instantly.