Chapter 17

Emily POV:

Emily POV:

"No mom it's fine, thank you Aiden that would mean a lot," I smile, my mom smiles gratefully before she makes sure I have my bag and house key and then Aiden and I are walking side by side before I step into his beautiful car, the silence engulfing me and giving me a little time to think.

Aiden doesn't ask any further questions, pleasantly surprising me and his car purs to life and off we go.

After about 5 minutes of silence I decide to break it, to be fair I did promise to tell Aiden first and told my mom instead. "You were right, Luke confessed."

Aiden nods before he glances at me quickly, "well that obviously isn't good news considering you look like someone stole your favorite bra."

I chuckle at his unlikely analogy before replying; "I told him I would never feel the same and that we didn't have to hang out anymore."

Aiden looks surprised for a second before he once again glances at my undoubtedly unhappy expression and then pulls over on the side of the road. I look at him in confusion but don't get a chance to question him because he quickly pulls a very illegal 3 point turn and we're driving back towards Luke's house.

"Aiden I really don't think he wants to see me, I'm pretty sure I just broke his heart." I roll my eyes.

"He most likely doesn't want to see you, and you did break his little golden boy heart, which is why we're not going back." He states in an obvious tone. I look at him in confusion to which he just smirks back and winks as we pass the familiar driveway.

"Aiden I swear to god if you're planning on taking me somewhere to kill me and dump my body I will come back and haunt you," I reply, only half-joking.

"Don't worry Collins, you're too pretty to kill and I wouldn't want to ruin my car," he smirks back in reply.

"Then where the fuck are you taking me?" I demand, ignoring the butterflies once again when he calls me pretty.

"You'll see," he smirks, but a part of him looks kind of nervous.

Ignoring his expression I cross my arms childishly, attempting to prove a point and lean my head against his window in my childish sulk. I hear him laugh from beside me and I fail to hide the smile that shows up on my face from the angelic sound.

What the fuck is happening to me?!

Another 20 minutes or so of silence, Aiden pulls to the side of the road. I look around and notice that we were literally in the middle of nowhere.

"Okay Black, now you're actually scaring me," I speak up, he smiles at me cheekily but doesn't say anything and steps out of his car to begin walking through his very suspicious bush.

I debate whether or not to stay in the car, but eventually find myself stepping out and running to catch up to Aiden who smirks and slows down when he sees me. Honestly, I was more afraid to be alone in his car for god knows how long than I was to just follow him. That and curiosity did really kill the cat.