Chapter 17:Love Hurts

Chris's Point of view: (When he finds out Sarah is his mate)

I'm walking down the hall when it hits me, It smells like roses and strawberries. I quickly follow the scent and my eyes widen as I see who it is.

Sarah

My wolf screams mate and I walk up to Sarah a bit hesitant. I knew she had feelings for Daniel and I was scared she'd reject me for him. I tap her shoulder and she turns around with a smile. "Oh hey Chris" Her voice sounds amazing, I've never noticed until now how perfectly it sounded until now. Honestly, everything about her that I seemed to ignore comes to life as I pay attention to all her details. I stare at her beautiful eyes as now it seems I've noticed just how blue they were, they were like ice but still had that warm ocean feel to them. I shake my head realizing I was staring as I tried to think about what to say. I open my mouth and mentally slap my self for what I say, "Mate". Sarah stares in shock and slowly backs away. I can tell she sees the hurt in my eyes, but she still runs. I feel hurt but I should have expected it, she liked Daniel. My wolf was jealous but I honestly understood. They both came from a dark place, and they grew up together, Daniel was my best friend and in the end, I knew, even if it hurt, that if she rejected me for him, I would accept it. 

I follow her down the hallway hoping to apologize and then something came to my mind. I can get Daniel's help. I quickly mind link him as I continue to walk down the hallway. Getting to the end she stayed facing the wall and I stayed far enough away so that she knew I was there but I wasn't close enough for us to make physical contact. My wolf was dying to get closer but I knew I needed Daniel here. I sigh in relief as Daniel shows up and I can see the shock in his eyes as he sees who my mate is, I expected to see hurt but it was just shock. I get confused but put my attention back towards Sarah.

 "Sarah, come on please, I stop flirting with the other girls the second I turned 18 and you and Daniel know I saved myself for my mate, so what did I do wrong?" I stare at her with pleading eyes as I watch her look down and sigh. "Nothing Chris, I was just shocked...you forget I don't turn 18 for another month and you being an alpha makes it where you can tell we are mates before I can." I nod feeling horrible for saying anything, 

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut.  "I'm sorry Sarah, I promise not to mess with you until you can tell for yourself we are mates, if I could I would go back in time and make sure I didn't tell you." Sarah looks up and walks towards me, I hold my breath as she hugs me, my wolf howling with joy. She mumbles it's okay and tells me she just needs space to think and I nod understanding completely.

 Once she walks away I look at Daniel wondering what he thought about it all. "I'm sorry dude, I know you and Sarah had always hoped to be mates, this probably hurts." He just looks at me with a smile and I can't tell if it's fake or not.  "Nah dude, I knew not to get too close, every time I did I thought about my own mate, don't worry this doesn't hurt me and I know it doesn't hurt Sarah, she's just shocked." I stare at him with shock and I honestly feel better hearing him reassure me as he knew Sarah longer. I could also tell my wolf calmed down from hearing this.  I pat him on the shoulder trying to lighten up the mood, "well since we are already skipping..." I say with a smirk honestly hoping he would say yes. He shakes his head no and I feel my heart drop, "Sorry bro I need to be in class today or I won't be able to skip with you tomorrow." I nod laughing understanding him completely and head back to class hoping it would get my mind off of things.