Chapter 27:The Rogue and Old Memories

It's been a few days since the ceremony. The packhouse is alive more than it has in a long time.

I've started to have nightmares again but I haven't told anyone as I don't want to mess up the great mood everyone is in.

The problem with these nightmares is that even though they are of my memories, the endings tend to, change.

I push it aside thinking it's my mind playing tricks on me and I walk downstairs to see Hailey in the kitchen eating breakfast.

I sit down beside her tapping her shoulder on her other side making her look that way. I take a piece of her bacon as she turns to look at me.

I smile at her as she glares at me moving her plate away from me. I laugh and pull her into my arms kissing her forehead.

Taking one more piece of bacon from her plate, getting an angry hey from her, I make my way to the border to do my patrols.

I shift into my wolf form and walk by the borders but not too close just in case a rogue chooses to try and enter our grounds. This is so he doesn't sense me and I have the upper-hand.

After thirty minutes, I hear a twig snap. I hide in a bush staring at the wolf quickly trying to cross our border. I jump out on top of him holding him down while growling.

Looking at him I realize he looks familiar. I get off him but just enough so that he can't attack me. He looks up at me and realization hits my face.

I quickly go behind a tree and shift putting on a pair of shorts and throwing a pair at him once I walk back.

He quickly shifts and walks over to me. "Daniel?"

I smile brightly at my old friend and nod, "Yeah it's me, but I've gotta ask, what are you doing here Alec?"

Alec smiles at me brightly and hugs me tightly. "Man, I've been searching everywhere for you!"

I stare at him with shock, "You have?" He nods and his smile grows brighter.

"Yes I have, I broke out of that crappy pack a few years ago and looked everywhere for you! Who knew you'd be this close to the old pack!"

I laugh and bring him over to James and Jacob, who also happened to be on patrol with me, and I gladly introduce him. "Hey guys! This is Alec, he was in the old pack with me!"

James smiles brightly and introduces himself to Alec, while Jacob just glares at him.

I choose to ignore it knowing Jacob doesn't accept change that well. I say bye to James and Jacob while I bring Alec over to meet Chris, and see if Alec can join the pack if he wants to.

I knock on Chris's office door and enter once he says come in. He looks up and raises his eyebrow once he sees Alec. I smile brightly as I introduce the two.

Chris smiles at me and shakes hands with Alec before asking me to speak with him in the hall.

He turns and looks at me with a serious look on his face, "Daniel, I know this is an old friend of yours, but I wanna know if he can truly be trusted."

My smile fades and I nod, "I know Chris, even though he's an old friend I know he could of changed, I beleive he is the same guy I know, and if I didn't truly trust him I would of never brought him on our grounds. I'll keep my eye on him if it makes you and the pack feel more at ease."

Chris smiles at me and nods, patting me on the back, as we walk back into his office. Alec smiles as we walk back in and stands back up from the couch that is up agaisnt the left wall.

Chris sits down in his seat and looks at Alec, "So Alec, I was wondering if you planned on joining the pack or not?"

Alec's smile brightens as he looks at me, "If you don't mind Alpha, I would like to join your pack. Daniel and I are old friends and I would like to stay here with him!"

Chris nods and looks at me one last time before looking back at Alec. "Welcome to the pack Alec, we'll have an acceptance ceremony whenever my Beta can set it up."

Alec nods hapily thanking Chris before we walk about.

'Does he know you are the Beta? ', Chris mind-links me after I shut the door

'No, I don't think he does.' I replied while thinking about it.

'Alright'

I bring Alec to the kitchen asking him if he wants anything to eat. He answers no and I can that he's looking around. I stare at him confused.

"Something wrong?"

Alec looks at me with a bit of panic in his eyes, "Yeah sort of, talking to the Alpha was hard. I'm just glad he seems really nice. Now I just have to worry about the Beta. Tell me Daniel, who is the Beta here? Is he as nice as the Alpha or is he like our old Beta...?"

I smile at Alec while bringing him into a hug, "Don't worry man, the Beta isn't anything like our old Beta."

"How do you know for sure?" He ask fear still evident in his eyes.

My smile brightens, "Because I'm the Beta."