CHAPTER 8 : SENIOR BROTHER JUN'S SPIRIT BEAST

He lived in peace for over a month. Today, Wen Jing left the stone house in preparation to head out to the vegetable garden. Lowering his head, he saw a sinister black thing crawling on the open space.

On a closer look, this thing had a shell, four short limbs, and appeared gentle and harmless.

......unexpectedly, it was only a tortoise.

The tortoise was about the size of a washbasin, deep green, with thick shell, and a very small round head. At the moment it wasn't making any movements.

Wen Jing was slightly distracted: Whose tortoise is this?

The tortoise had no fear of people. Seeing Wen Jing come out, it only turned its head to peer at him with a pair of fixed black beady eyes. Wen Jing paid no further attention to it and yielded to the impulse to feel its shell with his hand as he walked past it along the mountain path towards the vegetable garden. Glancing back, he only saw a small tortoise also looking back, still seeming somewhat foolish but still without movement or reaction.

Seeing the clear boundless sky, his mood, like the sky, was good. Wen Jing arrived at the fence to the vegetable garden only to distantly hear Gu JinPing's angry voice: "That thing showed up again, drive it out!"

He quickly entered and looked around, slightly astonished.

A row of vegetables leaned unsteadily from side to side. It seemed something had crushed them as it passed leaving an unbearable mess. The field of spirit grass was a tragic sight. Over a tenth of it was bitten in pieces leaving everything broken and in disorder another wide expanse was dead.

A golden little beast was standing in the middle of the grass still eating while disregarding the chaos around it.

The air was filled with the remnants of spiritual energy, causing heartache to those nearby.

Mo ShaoYan calmly fired a weak green ray of light from his hand, hitting the small beast's body like a stone. The little beast didn't dodge and was struck by his spiritual energy. Unfortunately, there was no effect and the beast remained unscathed. There was only the loud sound of a collision against metal.

Thus, it didn't even raise its head and continued to eat.

Mo ShaoYan had used all of his abilities. Standing in front of the fence he very slowly said: "There is nothing else I can do."

Gu JinPing, also out of options, angrily said: "I'll go call for eldest senior brother."

After saying this, he left the garden.

Wen Jing looked at the golden skin covering the beast and quietly exclaimed: "Gathering spirit beast!"

This thing was something raised by the demonic beast handlers in Tian Heng peak. From time to time it would run over to Hui Shi peak and wreak havoc in the spirit grass fields.

Everyone was helpless and didn't dare kill it for fear of provoking a disturbance.

The body of this demonic beast was covered by a hard outer layer. Unless one used a sharp blade, it was impossible to cut. But it had a fatal flaw, it feared vinegar water.

There was a small kitchen in the vegetable garden where the three caretakers would gather together to prepare their meals. Wen Jing ran like a gust of wind and grabbed a bottle of vinegar.

Just then, an arrogant voice could be heard from the garden: "Eight Winds, go!". The small golden beast came to a stop and then sprang into motion and rushed out of the garden.

Wen Jing and the others hurried out of the garden only to see a tall and thin disciple sitting cross-legged on a block of stone. He appeared older and little ugly, he had a pair of eye-catching eyebrows that fell in the shape of an eight (八) and wore a somewhat anxious expression.