Chapter Forty-Three: Sick Little Games

Waking up wasn't that bad. I mean, the fact that every fiber in my body yearned for Harry and my heart was heavy put a bit of a damper on my mood, but other than that I could be classified as fine. I wasn't going to let an asshole and his little girlfriend ruin my day before it even started. Today, the 27th, had no limitations on what I wanted to do. Or so I thought.

"You're going to the concert in that?" Zayn's voice broke me from my paralyzed state. I looked over to see him finish buttoning up the top two buttons on his deep red plaid shirt. "No offense, Chris, I don't think the fans will react too kindly to your penguin pajama pants. They aren't very fashionable... Try next season!"

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes, finally tearing my gaze off of the snuggling couple, too engrossed in each other to notice there were other people in here. "And what concert? No one cares to mention these things in advance to me, do they?"

"You mean Harry didn't tell you?" Zayn's eyebrows pull together in confusion. Upon hearing his name, Harry stops eskimo kissing Elizabeth long enough to look over. Zayn meets Harry's gaze, a frown settled upon his lips. "You didn't tell her?"

"I... I guess I forgot." His deep voice rattled deep within my skin, shaking my bones. Of course he did. It seemed like all he did recently was forget about me and mention little things to me. It's like uttering a small warning would kill him or something. It took all I had to keep my mouth shut, not replying with a rude comment or jab. "Accidents happen," he carried on. Oh boy, was he right. He was an accident. Meeting him was an accident.

Woah. What am I saying? Why am I being so harsh to him? Even though I technically haven't said a single word to him... I guess with Elizabeth being here, the wool finally fell from my eyes and I was able to see Harry as the asshole I know. The guy who plays with girl's feelings but only when his girlfriend isn't looking. Lying, cheating bastard. Bastard. Bastard. Bastard-

"Babe?" Zayn whispered, standing in front of me and once again, bringing me back to reality. "Let's go pick something out for you to wear," he said in a hush tone, taking my hand and gently pulling me to his room. "Harry didn't hear, but I could hear you muttering something along the lines of lying bastard over and over..." My cheeks instantly reddened at my foolishness.

"I'm just... frustrated, I guess. I wish it was me that he was acting all lovey-dovey with... not her."

"I hate to be the one to say it, but he loves her, Chris. There's not much we can do to calm him down right now. He missed her..." His words slowly dug into me. He loves her. He loves her. How could I be so stupid and think I ever had a chance? He might like me but he loves her. And I will never be able to replace her. "Despite his feelings for you-"

"What feelings for me? He's nothing but a liar." I spat out, cutting Zayn off. I know he didn't mean to sound rude, but I didn't want to hear some pathetic excuse as to why Harry dropped me like a hot potato the minute Elizabeth stepped through the door. Zayn nodded before leaving, only to return shortly with my suitcase in my hands. 

"You're spending the nights with me from now on. No if's, and's or but's. I hate seeing you like this," a frown etched itself on his lips and I felt guilty, knowing I was the reason behind it. I sighed as he pulled me into a long hug, rubbing my back soothingly. He pulled away and turned to my suitcase. Zayn rummaged through it before turning back to me and throwing the items in his hands at me. "Put it on. I'll be back," he smiled before exiting the room.

I changed into the flowwy emerald green high low skirt, tucking in the loose black top I put on. I slipped on white canvas keds and combed my hair with my fingers. Just as I was about to go find Zayn, he came barging back in, a smile back on his face. "Well?"