CHAPTER - 6 : ARE YOU OKAY?

XAVIER'S P.O.V.

We walked through my yard and out of the gate. We are on the sidewalk as we looked right and left to cross the road.

"So um, thanks for today. I wouldn't have been able to do it alone. " I said as we started crossing the road.

"It's no prob---" Andrianna started when I saw a car speeding towards us at full speed.

I didn't have much time to think, and I just clutched Andrianna's waist and dived to the sidewalk.

That was really a close call.

But I am pretty sure the road was clear. The car just came out of nowhere.

Thank god I saw it coming at the last minute from my left peripheral.

"XAVIER!" I hear someone shout in my ear.

"Ahh. What?" I say irritated by the loud tone.

Then I realize the position we are in. We are both laying on the ground with my arm secured at her waist. I quickly let go off her waist so that she can stand up, and I followed suit.

Shit, I guess I ripped open the stitches considering the way I landed on the ground right against that shoulder. It pains.

As she is up, I check her quickly from head to toe to see if she's hurt anywhere.

"You okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Yes, I am fine. Considering you shielded my body with yours. " She says looking in my eyes with a soft smile.

I breathe out a sigh of relief hearing that.

"That was a close call. Thank you so much, Xavier. If it wasn't for you---" I cut her off not wanting to hear the end of that sentence.

"Don't say it. It's all okay now." I say as I clutch my shoulder.

"You are hurt, aren't you? And don't deny it now. You were already hurt over there." She says pointing towards my aching shoulder.

"Okay fine. I pulled a muscle while lifting up those boxes. And then just landed on that muscle, so it just made the pain worse." I lied a bit.

"Come inside. We can put a hot pack on it. You will feel better." She offers.

But I will have to refuse because my guess was right judging by the wetness I feel on my hand.

I have to leave her sight before she sees the red spots on my T-shirt.

"No. I will tend to it at my house. Don't worry. You must be exhausted and I can say the same for me so let's just get some rest. Bye Andrianna." I say waving my hand.

"Bye Xavier. Take care. And thanks again. " She says with a smile.

"Anytime." I say looking in her eyes to show her that I mean it.

And with that, she turns around and enters her gate. She waves once she is inside and closes her door.

I also return to my house and just 2 minutes later I hear the door open again. Brian and Samantha are back.

"Xavier! Where are you? " I hear Samantha shout.

"In the kitchen. " I say as I refill my glass of water and gulp it down.

"Are you o---" Brian starts but Samantha cuts him off as they enter the kitchen.

"You ripped open your stitches." She points to the blood sipping through my T-shirt.