CHAPTER - 26 : THE CITY OF LOVE

ANDRIANNA'S P.O.V.

So the next day was a blur. We went to the mall so that I could buy some clothes and other necessary things. On the way back I visited my office to grab a spare laptop and some files.

It took me 2 hours to wrap things up in the office, give instructions, and convincing Miranda that I was going for a romantic getaway with Xavier. And let me tell you, it wasn't easy. She asked me a hell lot of questions. I was just glad Xavier was there with me to take care of most of the questions.

So here we are now, at the boarding gate, waiting to board our flight to the City of Love.

How sweet!

In the aircraft, I took the window seat, with Samantha sitting beside me and a stranger on the aisle seat. Xavier and Brian were sitting on the rows of seats to our right with Xavier on the aisle and Brian in the middle.

Actually, one of them was supposed to sit next to Samantha, but so that no one gets left out, we swapped seats.

I look outside and see the clouds fly by. Wait, WE are the ones who are flying! Damn, why am I thinking of such stupid jokes right now?!

I look at Samantha to see her scrolling through a book on her tablet. I take a peak on the other side to see Xavier is fast asleep, and Brian is trying to convince the person sitting on the window seat to swap seats.

Tearing my gaze from them, I reach down my hand and grab the bag near my feet. I open the zip and take out my laptop. I guess I can get some work done in the next 5 hours.

°°°°°°

Soon we reach our destination and take a cab to the hotel where we'll be staying. We checked into our rooms, girls in one and boys in another.

"I don't have the strength to change my clothes now, so I am just gonna say 'Good Night Samantha'." I say lying down on the bed and pulling the duvet up.

"Good night!" She chuckles and enters the bathroom.

I switch off the light on my side and let sleep consume me.

°°°°°°

"Andrianna wake up!" I hear a shout near my ear which makes me spring up from the bed.

I looked around to see Samantha trying her best to not laugh as I press my hand on my chest to calm down my erratic breathing.

"Geez, why did you have to do that." I finally speak after getting over my shock.

"You are a deep sleeper, Anna. It was either that, or I roll you out of bed. Considering the options, you should be glad." She walks around the bed and lifts her pillow to reveal her gun. She picks it up and tucks it into the front of her waistband.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask, eyeing the place where she put the gun.

"Sure." She walks over to the mirror and adjusts her shirt.

"Doesn't it hurt? I mean moving around, or while sitting?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"What? That would be the weirdest question I have been asked regarding my job." She laughs brushing her hair and putting it in a ponytail.

I just roll my eyes and wait for her answer.

"It did feel strange at first, but now it's the opposite."

"Also years of doing this, we have figured out the perfect position so that it doesn't hurt us while walking or sitting. Now get ready in 20. We are going sight-seeing."