CHAPTER - 24 : HURTING HIM.

XAVIER'S P.O.V.

To say that I was stunned, would be a huge understatement.

How does my father fit into all this? And why does it seem like that this conversation has no link to Andrianna whatsoever.

Only one person can clear my confusion right now. I quickly dialed his number which he thankfully picks on the second ring.

"Yes Xavier." Comes the authoritative voice from the other side.

"Father."

"What's the matter?" His tone softens just a little and laces with worry. He's probably thinking why am I calling him Father and not Chief.

"I just got a call from Antonio Valenti." I answer trying to keep the anger building up from saying his name, at bay for now.

"What did he say?"

"He told me some story about how a mafia leader got killed and whatever happened with the thrown afterward..........." With that I narrated the whole story to him. But as I finished narrating, I noticed he is awfully quiet.

"Chief? You there?" I prompt confused.

"Yes. Um, I am. What else did he say?"

He knows something. Antonio was right.

"He also said he was Alessandro Valenti's son."

"What? Alessandro Valenti?"

"You know him? Who is he?"

"He was the mafia king who was killed in the church." He takes a pause before he dropped a huge bombshell on me.

"I was the one who killed him."

I felt like the floor I am standing on, suddenly disappeared from beneath my feet. I let myself fall on the bed in a sitting position while I try processing this newfound information.

Now it makes sense. The man we interrogated earlier said a similar thing about his 'Boss killing his own brother'. He was talking about cousin brother. His uncle's son.

And now I find out that my father was the one who killed his father.

Great!! Just fucking great!!

As if revenge for a case hearing was not enough, now we have a son avenging his father's death on our trail.

But then suddenly a question pops up in my head.

"But how come you didn't tell me that at the start of the mission?"

"I didn't know at the time. We digged in as deep as we could, but apparently it turns out, after Alessandro's murder they kept their internal affairs a secret. There is absolutely no information on their king, or any of the senior ranks for that matter." He answers in a frustrated voice.

"Then how did we know Antonio's name?"

"Oh, that's not a matter of concern. It was in the case files. They had to reveal the name when a case was filed against them. But that's also confidential. It is not a public record."

"Also that would explain his habit of playing games first. It was his Alessandro's style of first torturing his target. Like father, like son."

"Then I think I should no longer be the one protecting Anna." I say in a low voice as this sudden realization dawns upon me.

"Huh?" My father's confused voice reaches my ears.

A tired sigh escapes my lips as I close my eyes and run a hand through my hair.