CHAPTER - 32 : JUST GET IT OVER WITH...

ANDRIANNA'S P.O.V.

I don't know how much time passed when I woke up. My head is still hurting from all the crying and shouting and whatnot. I look down to see Xavier stir a little.

He lifts his head from my lap and brings his hand to his head, squinting his eyes as he opens them. He looks around and opens his eyes properly as the realization of what happened dawned on him.

"Time to go, Anna. I don't think Antonio will come for a while, his minions will. This is our chance." He nods more to himself as he moves his hands and starts untying the ropes on my hands.

"Are you sure? I mean we don't know how many people are out there." I asked glancing at the door for a second before bringing my gaze back to him.

"This is the risk we have to take, Anna. We don't have much time." He says sternly before untying my legs as well and tries to stand up. Keyword trying, because as soon as he lifts himself halfway, his legs give out and he falls back down.

"Xavier I think we should wait. You can barely even stand." I say in concern, in hopes that he would agree.

"I am fine." He grits and lifts himself up this time. Seeing him up, I too lift myself from the chair and stretch my limbs.

I hiss when I feel pain in my thigh wound, but that is the least of our problems right now.

"You okay?" Xavier asks peering at me.

"I should be asking that." I says gesturing his state.

"Oh I am just peachy, never felt better." He states dismissing the topic with his hands.

"Xa---"

"Not the time, Andrianna." He speaks firmly and walks to the door holding my hand. Actually let me correct that, limps to the door.

"Okay, so we know the drill. First, they use the peep window to look in. They don't find anyone in the room, because we'll hide on either side of the door. He will be alarmed and open the door and we will knock him off." Xavier narrates the plan as if it's very easy.

He looks so confident about this, and here I am standing like a nervous wreck.

"Andrianna, not the time to zone out. Grab that chair, and just as someone enters the door, smash it with full force on his head." He instructs me and we stand on either side of the door.

Not long after we hear footsteps coming closer, and I feel sweat beads forming on my forehead. I glance at Xavier, who gives me a thumbs up with a reassuring smile and I tighten my grip on the chair, ready to use it.

We hear the peep window's slider slide, and just after a second, the door opens with a bang. Gun is what I see first, and as soon as he steps a little further I smash the chair on what I thought was his head, but actually was his arm. Nonetheless, this startled the man and he dropped his gun to the floor. Hearing the smash, Xavier stepped out from behind the door and grabbed the gun from the ground. He took the man in a chokehold and snapped his neck swiftly without making any further noise and lays him on the ground.

"What was that?" I hear someone shout from the hallway.

"Get behind me." Xavier whisper-shouts at me and I quickly scramble behind him. As soon as 2 people appear in front of the door, Xavier fires two shots and I see them falling on the ground. Xavier takes a little peek outside and quickly crouches down in front of the bodies. He stands up with two more guns in his hand.

"Here." He holds out one gun for me to take which makes my eyes widen.

"What? ...Are...Are you serious? I don't even know how to use this! Plus h...how can I kill someone?" I stammered in disbelief.