CHAPTER - 17 : I AM IN LOVE WITH HIS VOICE.

ANDRIANNA'S P.O.V.

"I don't know, the door wouldn't open! And then I smelled something which was so disturbing that it made me faint apparantly." I say keeping my eyes on the ground.

"But how did the door get locked?" He asks after a while.

"I don't know. I pulled it hard and it just broke under my hands. I just got them changed! How can they possibly break in a few hours? I swear I am going to sue the company." I say suddenly feeling anger rise inside of me.

I mean I just got them changed this morning and this happens!

"You got them changed? When?" He asks.

"This morning." I scoff.

I see him nod while standing up.

"Are you feeling okay now? Do you want to leave? I mean the party is pretty much over." He says shrugging.

"Yeah let's just go home. I am tired." I say getting up and walking towards the cabin door.

After assuring everyone that I am fine, we exit the office and walk towards the car.

"Do you think you can drive?" He asks looking at me.

I still do feel really tired after the incident and the headache has not entirely subsided. Should I really risk driving?

Shit! This just had to happen!

"Fine! You can drive. " I say stretching my hand to give him the keys. But just as he is about to grab them I pull my hand back.

"But this is just for today. And if you hurt her, I will hurt you." I warn him seriously.

"I will protect her with my life. " He raises his arms in surrender then pinching his neck as if swearing.

Finally satisfied after eyeing him with narrow eyes, I hand him over the keys and walk over the passenger side and get inside.

After a while, he gets inside and we drive home.

All the way I just look out of the window trying to clear my head. I can feel Xavier glancing at me occasionally but I ignore and look at out the outside world. All the hustle and bustle on the street, is somewhat resembling the state of my mind. 

There are thousands of thoughts running inside my head right now. One of the previous accidents I have had in the past week. Second, the odd messages that I am receiving. Third, the broken lock. All these incidents are giving me an awful vibe.

And lastly, my feelings for Xavier. I know I feel something for him. I wouldn't label it as love coz I don't really know what love is. I have never had a boyfriend in my life and never thought of having one. 

I was content in my life as it is, or maybe I didn't come across someone who made me feel like Xavier does. Who makes my heart rate increase with just a look my way. Who makes me feel all these emotions that are really foreign to me. Like the tingles that I feel when we touch, or how I get a weird but pleasant feeling in my stomach. What is it called? Butterflies?

I know I like him more than a friend, but is it love?

I shake my head and see that we have entered our street. Xavier carefully parks my car in the garage and we walk inside the house.

We walk up the stairs and just as I am about to walk into my room after saying a quick goodnight, I feel him grasp my hand. I turn around to face him.

"Are you feeling okay now? And please tell me the truth. Not what you told all the others at the party." He says sternly looking straight in my eyes.