CHAPTER 8

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"Taehyung! You've got it wrong again!" Hoseok fumed at me for the 13th time at least. And it had only been 20 minutes since we started the rehearsals.

"I'm sorry, hyung," I apologised yet again and sighed. I had trouble recalling the choreography properly since I had not danced it for a few months now. The choreography had been taken out of the concerts, so I didn't need to perform it anymore, resulting in me forgetting everything except for the chorus.

I eventually managed to get the choreography right but now I had trouble synchronising with the others. It was driving me crazy! And we had to be up on stage in approximately four hours! It could seem like a lot of time but it really was not, considering we had to get to the venue, get dressed and have our hair and makeup done before getting on stage.

"I get you're nervous but please concentrate! We have to be perfect for the the first comeback stage!" Hoseok scolded me. We went back to practicing and I was doing better. I still missed a few beats here and there but they were not so noticeable and I knew I could perfect them till the end of the practice session.

After the dance captain aka Jung Hoseok himself deemed that everything seemed perfect for the chorus and the ending parts, we decided to take it all from the beginning. I nailed the start, my solo part, the part with Hobi hyung but it all went down when it came to my duet part with Jungkook.

Instead of allowing the younger to put his left arm on my left shoulder and then twirling around to face each other's back, my hands instantly found their way to his tiny waist, grabbing it tightly as I pulled both of our bodies closer. Jungkook looked surprised at the unexpected move and before I could twirl us both around to go on with the choreography, a loud voice boomed throughout the room, overpowering the music blasting from the bluetooth speaker.

"KIM TAEHYUNG!!!"

You probably already guessed it, it's Hoseok hyung. Once again. At first, I was slightly confused about what was wrong this time. I stared at him, still holding a flustered Jungkook in my arms. I received a death glare as he shouted, "since when the hell was this part of the choreography?!"

My eyebrows furrowed until I finally realised what my mistake was. I got so used to this version of our part that I forgot it was not the original. I returned my gaze to my hands on Jungkook's waist and quickly retracted them and stepped back a little as I apologised.

"I'm sorry, I just-" I began, trying hard to find an explanation which thankfully came to my mind. I sheepishly scratched the back of my neck and blushed a little in embarrassment as I continued, "I just th-thought we could change it u-up a bit during concerts and stuff."

"We're rehearsing for the comeback stage which is going to take place in 3 hours, not for a concert that's gonna take place in almost a year!!" He roared.

Seeing my apologetic face, he sighed and said in a bit calmer tone, "now please, focus and be professional. You were doing great yesterday! Stop zoning out and let the stress get to you today. Okay, let's take it again from the beginning."

Looking around at the members' faces, Hobi hyung looked exasperated and fed up, Namjoon hyung looked like he was somewhere between confused and surprised and Yoongi hyung looked so completely done and bored.

"Can you put your mind in it for a bit? I just wanna get all this over with and sleep in the car on our way to the music show!" The latter reproached tiredly.

"Mianhae," I quietly apologised again.

Jimin and Jin hyung's expressions were the most odd. Jimin had a teasing and mischievous glint in his eyes accompanied by a smirk but he also looked like he was about to burst out laughing.