CHAPTER 10

THIRD PERSON POV

"Tae! The reason you're here! I think I got it!"

"What?" The latter asked in a bored tone, expecting Jimin to make some ridiculous jokes again.

"It's to get back Jungkook!" The blonde boy replied, utterly serious.

Taehyung's eyes widened a little but soon he shook his head. "I don't think so, I think I should just find a way to go back to 2020."

"The other day you told me there's no reason for you to have been sent here. There's nothing for you to change. But think about it carefully! Before going to sleep that night, what did you wish for the most? Wasn't it to have Jungkook by your side? To hug and kiss him? To be the one getting married to him? To be able to call him yours?"

Taehyung nodded slightly, waiting for Jimin to continue. "And then you woke up in 2017 the next day, a year where Jungkook is still single, a year where you can finally express your feelings, a year where the odds are clearly in your favour," Jimin said.

The younger remained silent for a while, pondering over his best friend's words. It's true that before he fell asleep that night, he did wish to go back in time so that he could tell Jungkook how he felt about him. But he didn't expect it to really happen. Besides, why was he sent 3 years back? Wasn't that a bit excessive?

"Tell me something," Jimin spoke, snapping Taehyung out of his thoughts, "has Jungkook met this girl already?"

Taehyung shook his head. "No, he meets her when we fly to America for the AMAs," he answered. And then it clicked. 3 years ago, Jungkook hadn't met Haesoo yet. He still had all his chances. If he acted wisely, maybe he would be able to change things.

"There you have it! They've not even met yet, so you have full time to confess!"

"Jimin, I only have around a month and half. That's not a lot of time," Taehyung stated.

"No, take your time, you don't have to do it right away. I mean, they don't fall in love immediately, do they?"

"No. They become friends at first and then Haesoo noona comes back to Korea around mid-2018 and they start meeting each other quite frequently. Then they discover that their parents actually know each other or something and they start talking about getting engaged in the beginning of 2020 but his mother once mentioned that they had been considering the engagement from much earlier. I don't know when exactly though," Taehyung narrated.

"When did they start dating?" Jimin asked curiously.

"They didn't actually. In fact, I don't even know where this whole marriage thing came from. It was pretty unexpected and we were all surprised by it."

"Are you sure they even love each other?" Jimin asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"I suppose, if they're getting married," Taehyung shrugged.

"Anyway, that's none of our concern because none of this is supposed to happen again. Things need to change and they will!" Jimin declared confidently.

"Yeah and what's your plan?" Taehyung demanded.

"What plan?" Jimin asked, slightly confused.

"Oh you just seemed confident so I thought you already had something planned."

"Well, I do have one but I know you will never be doing it so I'll need to find something else."

"You could still tell me what it is," Taehyung pouted.

Jimin glared at him and said, "it's what I've been telling you to do for years! Man up and confess!"

Taehyung smiled sheepishly. "Okay yeah, maybe you'll have to find something else. I just don't want to ruin our friendship. Before I confess, I want to make sure he feels the same."