CHAPTER 22

THIRD PERSON POV

"I don't think I'm ready to get married," Jungkook said hesitantly. He was trying his best to sound as polite as possible so as not to offend anyone. "Besides, Haesoo noona also doesn't seem comfortable with the topic of marriage, so it doesn't seem like a good idea to discuss about all that right now."

Mr Park looked like he was about to protest but Jungkook's mother quickly intervened, "I think you're right." She then diverted the subject away from the whole marriage discussion while Jungkook excused himself and went out to find Haesoo. The boy was thankful for his mom's quick thinking, he really didn't want to keep talking about the same thing.

"Noona?" He called out once he reached the garden, trying his hardest to spot the young woman in the darkness. He searched for a moment but to no avail.

Suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulder and jumped while letting out a yelp of surprise. He heard laughter filling the area and turned around to find the person he was looking for in front of him.

"It's not funny, noona. I just got startled," Jungkook rolled his eyes but still smiled a little, glad the rage had been wiped away from Haesoo and that she was okay. He had been scared that he might find her in a bad state.

"I'm sorry for leaving like that," said Haesoo once her laughter died down.

"It's fine, I would too if I were you," replied Jungkook.

Both walked around the garden in silence for a while, enjoying the cool night breeze. "So... what happened there after I left?" asked Haesoo after a moment of peaceful silence.

"Nothing much. They were just saying they wanted either me or my brother to get married to you and since my brother has a girlfriend already, the choice narrowed down to me. And your mother seems to think that it would be a good idea for us to get married since we're already close friends," Jungkook narrated.

Haesoo directed her eyes to the ground upon hearing that. "Jungkook, I'm so sorry you had to sit through that," she said apologetically.

"Don't apologise, it's not your fault," replied the younger.

"No, it is. I don't know why my parents are hell bent on getting me married. It's like an obsession to them! And now they're even dragging you into this mess."

"It's okay, really. Don't worry about it," assured Jungkook.

The boy was supposed to stay in Busan for the whole weekend but ended up returning to Seoul that night itself. The whole discussion during dinner had spoiled his mood and he didn't want to have to face any such talks again.

As he drove further from his hometown, he contemplated whether or not he should tell everything to his hyungs. He wouldn't mind some support from them but at the same time, he feared that they might be on his parents' side and encourage him to get married since they seemed to find his relationship with Haesoo rather cute.

That's why he decided to keep his mouth shut about the whole incident and instead pretended like nothing had ever happened. The rest of the members were quite surprised to see him back so soon but didn't question him anyway, which Jungkook was really thankful for.

He received a text from his dad that night before going to sleep. 'Please do consider the suggestion. We had a talk with Mr and Mrs Park after you left, they said they would talk to their daughter and asked me to address this to you as well. Of course you two wouldn't need to be married right away, you can take your time,' it read.

Jungkook sighed in frustration, feeling pressured, and almost threw his phone at the wall. He, instead, kept it on his bedside table and got out of his comfortable bed to get a glass of water and somehow clear his mind.