CHAPTER 18

THIRD PERSON POV

The new year had started very well for the 7 boys. They were on a break after all! No need to wake up early every morning, no need to spend hours in the practice room, no need to go to the studio to record. They were just relaxing all day.

Even if it was just for a week, they were happy about it. Taehyung was also thankful for this free time which he got to spend majorly with Jungkook. The two watched movies, played video games, Jungkook tried teaching Taehyung how to cook but let's just say it didn't end up too well and currently, both were sprawled on Taehyung's bed after having cleaned up the mess in the kitchen.

"I'm so tired!" Taehyung exclaimed. "I'm never cooking again, that's for sure!"

"You have no right to complain! I'm more tired than you! Who knew teaching you to cook could be so exhausting?" Jungkook retorted.

"Not my fault I forgot to put the lid on the mixer before turning it on," Taehyung defended himself with a pout.

"Yeah? And whose fault is it then?" Jungkook mocked.

"Ok maybe it was my fault," the brunette surrendered, laughing as the scene of the tomato sauce splashing all over the kitchen replayed in his mind. "But you gotta admit it was kinda funny, especially when you got hit with half a tomato directly in the face." Taehyung started laughing even harder.

"Yeah, it was so fun to scrub every corner of that kitchen for 2 hours after getting scolded by Jin hyung!" Jungkook exclaimed sarcastically whilst rolling his eyes.

"Well it wouldn't have taken so much time if you hadn't decided to start a food fight with me!" Taehyung shot back.

"Right? Well, I wouldn't have started anything if you were not laughing at me for being covered in red sauce!" Jungkook accused.

"Don't blame me for that! You looked like Red Tornado," he said, laughing yet again.

"Hyung you-" Jungkook started and jumped on him, pinning him to the bed and both started wrestling playfully.

What had happened was that they had decided to make pizza and since they didn't have any ready-made sauce, they had decided to make their own. But well, Taehyung had forgotten to place the lid and the mixer had ejected all its content over the place, a major part of it covering Jungkook since he had been working on the dough close to it while Taehyung had ducked down behind a cabinet when the eruption happened.

When the older had emerged from his hiding place, the first thing he had seen was a baffled Jungkook covered in red sauce. He had begun laughing so hard at the sight that he hadn't noticed Jungkook grabbing the packet of flour and chucking the white powder at him.

Jungkook had stood there laughing at Taehyung who had looked like a snowman. And Taehyung, infuriated, had thrown fistfuls of grated cheese at him. And that's how they had started a food fight with every ingredient they could find on the table before them. It had gotten even more intense when they had begun taking more ingredients from the cabinets and shelves.

In the end, the whole kitchen had been covered in red and white with random food, torn packets of spices and opened containers of herbs laying around and the two boys covered in said ingredients. They both had been looking like a mess, almost unrecognisable, considering the amount of flour and tomato sauce on their faces.

Their food fight had gone for around half an hour before being interrupted by Seokjin's shrill scream. It had only been then that the two had realised the absolute mess they had created. They had had to stand through an hour of being scolded by Seokjin for wasting food and causing a disaster in his sacred kitchen. The oldest had then forced them to clean up the place and make it as shiny as it had been before they had stepped into it.