CHAPTER 11

This chapter is really just kind of a filler or something. Idek why I wrote it, it literally serves no purpose in the storyline (I mean you could skip it and you wouldn't even miss anything important tbh)

THIRD PERSON POV

One of the things Taehyung was really thankful for was that he never felt any hesitation when it came to apologising to Jungkook and the latter couldn't remain upset at him for long either.

And so, the moment he reached home, he went straight to Jungkook's room and waited for him to come out of the shower. "Ah hyung! You scared me!" The younger exclaimed as he stepped into the room to see Taehyung sitting on his bed.

"Oh? You can see me. I thought I had become invisible," he dead-panned as he watched Jungkook ruffling his wet hair with a towel in an attempt to dry it.

"What?" Jungkook asked, tilting his head in confusion.

"It was not nice of you to ignore me all day, you know?" Taehyung pouted a little.

"It was not nice of you either to forget about our lunch plans," Jungkook stated while folding his arms. He tried keeping a straight face but couldn't prevent his lips from curving into a small amused smile as he watched his hyung childishly pouting, pretending to be deeply saddened.

Taehyung was older than him by almost 2 years but it often felt as if he was the older of the two. The silver-haired boy sighed. "I'm sorry, Jungkook-ah," he apologised. "It's just that Jimin found out about the invitation and he told me about it and I got so excited that I forgot we were supposed to have lunch together today," he explained. He was not totally lying about it. It was partially true, he just didn't mention the most important details.

For a moment, he considered telling Jungkook the truth. About him having travelled in time and everything but he decided against it. He thought it would be strange and Jungkook might not believe him and besides, he didn't want the younger to know his purpose like that.

"Jimin hyung knew already? Ah! No wonder he was acting so overdramatic about the whole thing earlier!" Jungkook exclaimed.

"I know right! Acting is just not for him," Taehyung laughed and Jungkook joined in.

When the laughter died down, Jungkook said, "and hyung, it's fine. Really. I guess I was just overreacting as well."

Taehyung thought about it for a while. He was about to nod and reschedule their plans for another time but an idea popped in his mind. "How about we go out and have some street food? Just the two of us, you know, just like we used to during our trainee days?" He asked.

Jungkook's eyes lit up for a second but then he shook his head, "we can't...especially alone. We'll have to bring a manager along. No one knew us back then, but now we're pretty popular and we just had a comeback too. It might cause problems."

"Come on, Kook! We're just going to eat and besides, no one will see us at night if we wear masks and caps. And I don't see the problem if anyone sees us as well, it's not like we're going out on a date or something," Taehyung reasoned.

Jungkook's cheeks tinted a light shade of pink at the mention of a date. But the older didn't notice it, or rather he chose to ignore it.

"Ok but if we get in trouble, it was your idea and you forced me to come along!" He retorted.

"Yeah, right. You say that every time but you end up defending me in the end," Taehyung chuckled.

They didn't bother getting changed since they were both in shirts and sweatpants. They just grabbed a warm jacket, their mask and a cap each to avoid attracting attention. They walked out of the house without anyone noticing since everyone had already gone to bed by now.