CHAPTER 36

THIRD PERSON POV

10 days had passed since Jungkook and Taehyung got together. In the first few days itself, Jungkook had already announced the cancellation of his engagement to Haesoo, stating the true conditions of that wedding, to the members.

However, he, very conveniently, omitted the part where Taehyung and he were dating, only saying that this marriage was a result of Haesoo being pressurised by her parents and him helping her. The members praised him for that, saying he had truly grown up and become really mature for being able to think of others before himself.

Finally, Namjoon was getting discharged today and the boys were on their way to the clinic to get him.

"Oof I'm finally going back home!" Namjoon exclaimed on seeing the boys. "Not gonna lie, I missed you all even though you're all super loud all the time."

"You better have! I would have locked you out of the house otherwise," replied Seokjin.

As they sat in the car to go back to their dorm, the older members discussed about various things such as Namjoon's stay in the hospital or the upcoming comeback. In the last row, the 3 youngest members sat rather silent.

Jungkook was playing with Taehyung's fingers distractedly as he held his hand, the two being lost in the same thought. When and how they were going to tell the boys about their relationship.

Jimin left them to it, knowing they were troubled and preferred not to interfere. He had told them to announce it whenever they felt comfortable and ready and had also assured them that the guys would support them, but he understood their apprehension nevertheless. It had been hard for both to admit their feelings to themselves in the first place, now to say it out loud, he knew it would require them a lot of courage. But he would always be there to support the two throughout it all until they were ready. It was a promise he had made to both Taehyung and Jungkook, and himself.

"Why are you three so quiet?" Namjoon asked, turning around in his seat in the front to look at the maknae line.

The other members turned around as well and Jungkook instantly let go of Taehyung's hand before anyone could notice anything. Jimin saw it and sighed. How were they going to reveal it if they're not even touching each other in the other members' presence when it was usually something they would naturally do?

Jimin feared that them hiding their interactions would be much more suspicious than them holding hands. The two youngest members had always been affectionate towards each other and if they suddenly stopped, it would be noticeable and the members would know something was up. He made a mental note to talk about it to Taehyung and Jungkook later on.

"Umm it's nothing, hyung, we're just tired," said Taehyung. To avoid further inquiry, he then asked, "how about you? What did the doctor say about your recovery?"

"Well, I can walk but he said not to start dancing again right away 'cause I'm not yet completely healed. But I guess I should be alright in 2 more weeks probably. In the meantime, I'll just focus on producing songs, writing lyrics and reading books," answered Namjoon.

During the two weeks that followed, the boys mostly concentrated on completing the remaining songs in the album, the process going much faster now that Namjoon was also participating in the wrapping up.

The songs for the new album were all completed in the first week itself, since there wasn't really much to be done. Yoongi and Hoseok had worked hard to make sure Namjoon wouldn't have to stress himself over the album when he would be back and they were successful.

Taehyung also did his filming for the comeback trailer with his song, Singularity. Jungkook had gone to the set to support his boyfriend. He felt so giddy at the thought of calling Taehyung his boyfriend. It felt so surreal!