III. daphnis et chloë, suite no. 2 by Maurice Ravel

In the wee small hours of the morning is the time when Eddy Chen can marvel at the love of his life without judgment or insecurity from the other. It is the rare times where they sleep together and Eddy just can't sleep.

warnings: none, it's just pure fluff.

Third Person POV

When Eddy Chen can't be bothered to sleep and he's stuck in bed with his beautiful and amazing boyfriend who's holding him tight, the best thing to do is shamelessly look at his boyfriend. It's not like he didn't have the right, it's the fact that his boyfriend is so insecure and self-conscious about his looks.

Brett was complaining recently about how he put on a few kilos, but to be quite frank, it isn't even noticeable. He was also complaining about how his round glasses make his cheeks look chubby. It makes him more youthful and cute, Eddy thought. He was also sad about how Eddy's old clothing couldn't fit him anymore or how he thinks you could see his belly every time he wears his old clothes.

Eddy wanted to wipe off all that insecurity he was feeling.

In fact, all of those things that Brett's worried about is what makes him much much more beautiful and human. It's what makes Brett, well, Brett. He's already perfect in Eddy's eyes.

Eddy was staring at the beautiful boy half on top of him. He pushed the man's bangs away from his eyes and stared at him intently. Oh, how Eddy wished his partner saw what other people saw. Eddy knows that he's not the only one who sees his man beautiful and perfect. There are thousands of other people out there, and he feels lucky that he's the one Brett picked.

He slowly caressed the older man's cheek and pressed a soft peck on his red lips. He grazed Brett's skin with the side of his hand. It's so smooth and silky, almost as though he was feeling satin. He took Brett's left hand and intertwined it with his right hand. He could feel the callouses and the years of hard-work, just to end up here. With Eddy, with TwoSet, with world tours and invites, and most of all, with happiness and contentment.

Brett never had been a soloist, like he would've hoped for but at least he had a partner who would support him. And in turn, Brett would support Eddy.

The moonlight was hitting the curve of Brett's neck, his collarbones that are exposed, his chest and his stomach. The memory of what happened just a few hours ago made Eddy Chen as red as a tomato. He softly stroked the older man's knuckles and he closed his eyes. He breathed in Brett Yang's scent, which is a mix of vanilla, mint and something that's distinctly just Brett's.

Brett left their curtains open again. Eddy sighed, knowing that his significant other would curse under his breath and hate himself for forgetting to close it again. Eddy doesn't mind. Not one bit. It gives him the opportunity to see his Brett, looking almost too angelic for this world. Brett almost looks ephemeral.

Eddy Chen leaned in and pressed another kiss on Brett Yang's lips. There, he knows. He knows all too well that he is exactly where he wants to be forever.

"Ah, the things I would do for this man."

Was the last thing Eddy thought before he drifted back to sleep, in the arms of the man he would undoubtedly die for.

A/N
Sorry that this chapter is shorter than the others, but I swear, it's so hard to write fluff. I'll make up for it in the other chapters, though.