LVIX. symphony no. 6 "pathetique" fourth movement by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

It seemed as though Brett Yang's plan on making Eddy Chen jealous worked. Except, it backfires on Brett when Eddy's not jealous of the fact that Brett is with another man, rather jealous of Brett because the other man is Hyung and Eddy had confessed to Brett that he liked Hyung for so long now. Brett was crushed but he still vowed to help Eddy with the date that he wants with Hyung. (part one)

warnings: expletives, angst

Third Person POV

This will work this time. Brett knows it. He finally got Hyung to agree to make Eddy jealous. He knows, it seemed as though he's making it much more complex for everyone but Brett can't seem to tell Eddy the truth. He wanted to be brave and tell Eddy but every time he tried to, the words seem to never leave his tongue.

So, here he is in Sydney, in a club where Brett has Hyung dance in front of him, basically grinding on him. Eddy was in their booth and it seemed as though Brett's plan was working. Maybe by the end of the night, Eddy and him will find ourselves in Brett's apartment, tangled in sheets and cuddling with their emotions finally settled. Maybe Brett's asking for too much but with the way Eddy's looking at him, he could maybe get his hopes up.

The song that Brett couldn't be bothered to know the title of was finished and they came back to the booth. Eddy was still looking at Brett with seething anger in his eyes. Brett smirked at the thought of Eddy being jealous. Hyung sat down next to Brett and didn't keep a distance between them. Eddy had his fists clenched but he painted a smile on his face.

Yes, my plan is working.

Brett thought as he observed the younger man. He smiled to himself and looked up at Hyung. Hyung had mirrored the smile that was dancing playfully at Brett's lips. It was an unspoken thing but they felt as though they succeeded a little. Brett brought up a drink to his lips, nor intending to get drunk. He just needed a little bit of liquid courage to tell Eddy what he had truly felt for the boy for so long now.

As for Eddy? Eddy just felt as though his jealousy had sizzled into a headache the moment he saw the two look at each other and smile like that. He wanted to be Brett at that moment, to know what it might feel for Hyung to smile at him like that. That sweet, sweet smile only directed to him. He ignored the pain that stabbed his chest and downed another drink. In the hopes that all the pain he felt would just drown in the numbing alcohol.

The rest of the night was a blur to all of them.

The end of the night, Brett was glad that the club was a walking distance from his apartment. They sent Hyung off to an Uber that he had ordered and they were left to walk back to the apartment. Brett was really nervous about this. Will Eddy tell him the truth or will he be able to confess?

They were almost back at the his apartment and Brett was a bit disappointed. Maybe he did need to tell Eddy what he truly felt. He was about to open the apartment door until Eddy spoke up.

"Can we stay here for a while? I have to confess something to you." Eddy said straightforwardly. Brett felt his heart skip at beat at those words.

"Sure... Just tell me what you need to and take your time." Brett said, smiling at the younger. This was the moment that Brett was waiting for. After a few moments of contemplation, Eddy spoke up.

"I just wanted to say that, uh, I was so jealous of you tonight. I'm sorry if I ruined your date with Hyung..." Eddy said, breathing in deeply.

"I'm not with Hyung... We're just friends." Brett said, feeling his heartbeat quicken.

"So, that means I have a chance?" Eddy asked, relieved and happy about the news. Brett was at a lost of words.

"Of course." Brett said, slowly closing his eyes. He was expecting a kiss from Eddy but he didn't know that the younger man's next words will break him.