XXXIX. piano concerto no. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninoff

When both Eddy Chen and Brett Yang saw a shooting star, they both made the same wish.

warnings: expletives, fluff (can be read as romantic or platonic)

Third Person POV

They were just hanging around Brett's front lawn at night. Brett was seventeen and Eddy was sixteen. They really didn't know about the shooting stars that will appear tonight, apparently there was a meteor shower. They were just stargazing after they had dinner.

The sky was clear and the moon was shining bright. No word was shared between them as they marveled at the sky above them. Eddy looked at Brett while Brett was looking above. He sighed in content and looked back up at the sky. He just couldn't believe that he had the older boy next to him as his companion.

Brett knew that Eddy was staring, so he didn't stare back. He didn't want to ruin the younger's train of thought. Brett closes his eyes and sighs. He thanks the stars above them for giving him his lucky charm. He doesn't believe that Eddy is his lucky charm, he knows that he is. He doesn't tell Eddy that, though.

He could feel Eddy shake him out of his reverie as he opened his eyes.

"Brett, look at the shooting stars!" Eddy exclaimed, excited at the fact that there are shooting stars.

"I know. I see them. Let's make a wish, then." Brett replied.

Both of the boys closed their eyes. They both inhaled a fairly huge amount of oxygen, held it in a little, made their wishes and exhaled deeply.

I just want to be successful with Brett.

I wish to spend my career with Eddy.

Multiple shooting stars had passed by. They both just marveled at the beauty above them. Eddy moved closer to Brett and Brett didn't move away. It does feel colder so Brett appreciates Eddy's initiative.

Eddy knows that Brett is terrible at retaining heat on his body, so he goes closer to Brett. He could feel Brett lean in closer to him. Both just smile at the closeness.

Little did they know that they couldn't be broken apart, even if Eddy's mom wanted him to be a doctor or even if Brett passed a prestigious music school somewhere across the world. They would always end up doing everything together, like it was meant to be.

Both the boys studied at their local music conservatory, they have met, loved, hated, left friends and lovers behind. The thought of leaving one another never crossed their minds. It seems as though the wish they've made glued them together.

They will never know that the 'YouTube' thing that people looked down upon. Deeming it as a career that wouldn't keep them alive. It did keep them alive, even more than alive, actually. They still have each other no matter what happens. That's why they will always be successful together.

Brett had Eddy and Eddy had Brett, what more can two talented boys ask for their lives?