hubby 'ᵐⁱⁿᵍⁱ

"I'm home," you took off your working heels which ached your feet and took off your jacket to hang it on the hook on the wall.

You made your way to the living room to see your husband sitting on the couch infront of his laptop, which was placed on the coffee table along with some other papers and documents.

Mingi didn't change from his working clothes yet, as he was too immersed in his work to care about changing into something comfier.

He scrunched his nose to fix his glasses before looking up to see his wife leaning on the doorframe, looking at him.

"Oh you're back early" He smiled, gaze going back towards his work.

"Yeah...go change into something comfier Mingi, I'll wash your clothes" you demanded. He nodded and went upstairs to change.

You and Mingi weren't exactly lovers. It was an arranged marriage by your parents. Both of you knew that even if you declined, they still won't change their mind. It has been exactly 4 months since you got married. You have to admit, he is breathtaking. Sometimes you would catch yourself staring at him, the unusual feeling growing in the pit of your stomach.

None of you loved each other, or so you thought. You guys are not awkward around each other. You just don't talk that much, that's all.

Tonight, you decided to cook dinner for the both of you, since you came home early today rather then later like you usually do.

...

The dinner was quiet. Both of you barely spoke. Just the sounds of utensils clashing on each other and chewing filled the room. You two subconciously stared at each other, until he broke it. "Mhmm, this is good.." he said, not knowing what to say.

"Thanks," you said, looking up from your food to meet his gaze. "You should cook more often!" He exclaimed rather happily this time, to ease the tenseness.

"Yeah, I think I should since you like the food I make" you laughed, Mingi following your actions.

After eating dinner with him you took a nice warm bath to clear your mind. It was already around 11pm, and you knew you both had to go to sleep or else you'll become a zombie at work tomorrow.

You walked in your room already seeing Mingi under the covers, shirtless.

He's done this many times already, and you're already used to this. Sometimes you can't help it but blush.

You shrug off the thought and slipped under the soft covers, sinking further into it as you felt the warmth it radiated. You felt some movements behind you and turned around to see your husband sleeping, with his back facing you.

Tonight was different, it was kind of cold since it was close to winter, and anytime it could snow. It was very chilly, and you failed to find the warmth amd comfort from the the blanket that's covering you.

You tried to forget about it and tried to sleep, but it didn't work. You tossed to your left, right, upwards and even tried to lay on your stomach, but couldn't sleep.

Mingi slurred in his sleep, the sounds of you moving made him wake up from his slumber. He turned around to see you staring at him. He cocked his right eyebrow at you, as if asking you what's wrong.

"I can't sleep," you sighed resting on your back to face the ceiling.

"Why's that?" Mingi propped himself on his left arm so that he can face you. "I don't know, cold I guess" you shrugged, soon shivering due to the lack of warmth. The heater wasn't working, so you were unbothered to even go try opening it.

Mingi sighed, knowing well the heater didn't work and the fact that his wife finds trouble in sleeping made him wide awake. "Well just try closing your eyes and think of something that makes you calm alright?" He said in the softest voice ever which made you coo on the inside.

"Okay..." you said, more like a squeak. Mingi looked as you closed your eyes, before doing the same.

Right after he closed his eyes, yours opened. 'Sighhhh what to do, what to do' you thought.

Suddenly an image of you and Mingi cuddling emerged from the back of your head, bringing you into your own thoughts. You wanted to feel how it was like to be in his hold, squished by those toned arms and his warmth.

As if Mingi saw everything that was in your head and on cue, he brought you in his embrace. Your eyes widened, thinking if this is real or not.

You felt his hot breath on your face and it is real. Your face was flushed red as you looked up to see him already looking down at you.

"Why didn't you just tell me you wanted cuddles?" Mingi asked with his hoarse voice, which sounded like music to your ears. His long fingers setting themselves on your hair as they played with your hazel locks.

You hummed, feeling comfortable under his touch. "Uhh..." you couldn't think of an answer. And the fact that he asked a weird question out of nowhere made you embarrassed. So, you pushed your head further into his broad chest, hearing the rapid pace his heart was beating.

"Sleep..." Mingi whispered in your ears, hugging your waist tighter as if someone would take you away from his grasp.

Your eyes slowly fluttered closed. And the last words you heard before slipping in your wonderland were,

"Goodnight sweetheart"

.
First one shot published! How you like that? (Lolol soryyh)
-

'markienary