Tour

Georgie was asleep it was their fifth full day in Syria. She turned over in bed and closed her eyes again "Georgie" Monk said shaking her she sighed and put her hands to her head "are you alright George?" He asked she kept her eyes closed and nodded slowly. Monk walked out of barracks and saw Charlie "I don't think your missus is feeling too good" he said "what?" He asked "I don't know she just doesn't seem or look Georgie" he said "is everyone decent?" He asked he nodded and Charlie walked in "Lane" he said sitting down on the end of her bed she didn't reply "Georgie!" He said shaking her "George!" He said louder "yes, I can hear you" she said "what's wrong with you?" He asked "I don't know" she said sitting up slowly "hey" he said pulling her up slowly "honestly it's just jet lag, I'm just tired, sorry" she said getting out of bed he smiled and held her close "alright?" He asked she nodded "yeah I'm fine, just made a fucking fool out of myself" she laughed he smiled and kissed her head "go on get your uniform on" he smiled walking out she nodded and got ready. She walked out 10 minutes later and Charlie walked over "go and get some food down you" he said "I'm alright I'm late as it is" she said "you don't feel great we can all see that, we're only training, go and eat Lane" he said she nodded and walked into the canteen. She ate some breakfast and had a boost from some coffee and then headed back out. They started training, doing an obstacle course. "Right guys chose your teams, Brains, Monk team captains, Brains pick first" he said "Fingers" he said it carried on one team after another "Rab" "Maisie" "Ruby" "Kingy" Georgie was standing there in a world of her own "Come on George" Brains said she snapped back to life a bit. "Hey" fingers said "don't be upset, we picked you!" He laughed nudging her "I'm fine" she said fingers looked confused "Georgie" he said "mhm" she smiled "come here Georgie" he said she lent into his side and he hugged her "come on wake up" he laughed she smiled and nodded "I'm awake" she smiled standing up straight. They started their obstacle course "come on then, Lane Vs Khalil" Charlie said they both walked to the starting line and started running. "She's lacking behind a bit isn't she?" Asked Kingy standing with Charlie "she has just had a baby give her time" he said "she had a baby over a year ago" he said Charlie nodded "she's not feeling very well I don't think" Charlie said "she doesn't look well, she looks really pale" Kingy said "she's not got any makeup on, maybe that's what it is" Charlie said he nodded "she does usually wear a bit doesn't she?" He asked he nodded "yeah, she got up late" he said "not like her" he said Charlie shook her head "no, it's not, I'm going to send her back to bed when she's done this she won't admit she doesn't feel well" he said Kingy nodded. "Come on guys those monkey bars are easy!" Brains shouted. Rab had finished them before Georgie got onto them. "Shall we stop her?" Kingy asked Charlie nodded "yeah, they're a bit high if she falls" Charlie said "Lane!" Charlie shouted "she's already on them" Kingy said "she's going to fall" Charlie said running over to her before he could reach her, her hands slipped. "Georgie!" Charlie said kneeling next to her on the floor "I'm alright" she said sitting up holding her wrist "what have you done?" He asked holding her hand "it's just a bruise" she said standing up slowly wobbling "you're not well, let's get you back to barracks" he said "I'm fine" she said looking up at the sky "I miss James" she said unsteady on her feet "I know you do sweetheart" he said rubbing her back. She took one step and collapsed to the floor "Georgie!" He said shaking her "Georgie!" He repeated. "Come on Georgie wake up" he said shaking her tears in his eyes "kingy!" He shouted he was already on his way over "alright boss, let's get her to the med tent" he said Charlie nodded and picked her up "it's alright Georgie I've got you" he said holding her close. He lied her down on a bed and sat holding her hand whilst she was examined.
The doctor stood next to Charlie "seeing as she's been dealing with people with cholera we have to assume that's what she has at the moment. Her bloods will be back in the morning and then we can identify if she has cholera or if this was down to heat exhaustion and dehydration" she said he nodded "thank you" he said "in the meantime you're going to have to wear this if you want to stay with her" she said passing him a mask he nodded and put it on "thank you" he said as she walked out. "Did you hear that George?" He asked she opened her eyes slowly "stay with me" she cried he held her hand "of course I will" he said kissing her hand. "I have Charlie" she said "you have what?" He asked "I have cholera I know I do" she said he held her hand still "even if you have they're going to give you some antibiotics and you'll be right as rain in no time" he smiled she nodded and closed her eyes "Charlie I've been bitten" she said a while later "have you? Where?" He asked "on my leg" she said "is it bad?" He asked "it hurts, but it's alright" she said "can I have a look?" He asked she nodded "he pulled the blanket back "where is it on your leg?" He asked "just above my knee" she said "will your trousers roll up that far?" He asked she nodded and Charlie pulled her trousers up "ouch Georgie this is nasty" he said "is it bad?" She asked he nodded "it's not good, I'll go and get the bite cream from the med bag, will you be alright for 5 minutes?" He asked she nodded "thank you" she said he smiled and headed out.
He walked back in and smiled at Georgie sleeping. She opened her eyes and looked at him "hi" she smiled "I've got the bite cream" he said sitting down she smiled and tried to sit up "no you stay there I'll do it" he said "I'm not an invalid Charlie" she said "no I'm well aware but you aren't well" he said holding her hand she nodded "I know" she said "is that Georgie Lane admitting defeat" he laughed she smiled still extremely weak and nodded "here I bought you some pyjamas" he smiled "pyjamas?" She asked "well a vest top and some shorts from your bag" he smiled "you went through my bag" she smiled "I live with you for gods sake" he said she smiled "I'm joking, thank you" she smiled "much comfier than combats" she laughed he smiled and helped her sit up slowly. She pulled her T-shirt off and put her vest on and then Charlie helped her wiggle her trousers down and slipped her shorts on. "Thank you" she said laying back down "I don't think you have cholera Georgie" he said rubbing the cream on her leg "what?" She asked "I think you have malaria" he said a bit worried "what?" She asked sitting up a bit too quickly "Georgie" he said grabbing her thinking she was going to pass out "your leg is really painful to touch isn't it?" He asked she nodded squirming whilst he was touching it. "Georgie come here" he said she sat up slowly, her head was spinning Charlie felt her forehead "you're burning up" he said "am I?" She asked putting her hand to her forehead "you aren't going to feel it yourself" he laughed "Charlie this isn't funny am I going to die" she cried "don't be stupid Lane" he said "I'm being serious I've got a baby at home" she cried "I'm well aware you've got a baby. You aren't dying Lane" he held her hands "were going to get you home and get you some treatment alright?" He said "am I going to make it home?" She asked he nodded "yeah, yeah you're going to be fine" he said "I'm getting you home though okay, they have better treatment there" he said she nodded "you're worried" she said "no I'm not" he said "yes you are, your tone, it changes when you're scared" she said he looked at her "of course I'm scared, I love you and I don't like seeing you like this but I know you're going to be alright" he said she held his hand "I love you too" she said he smiled and held her hand to his face "I'm going to speak to the doctor see if they can fast track your bloods" he said "you don't need to do that" she said "I do, because we need time and malaria doesn't always give us time" he said she nodded and he walked out.