Chapter Five

Approaching the beautiful house, a lovely looking woman on the other side of the glass door waited to greet us. Her hair is a lovely shade of auburn-brown that shined with the morning sun. She stood about 5'5 and had a sleek frame. As we approached her she gave us a loving smile. "Hello dear, you must be Cara; I am Esme. Alice has been jumping about getting ready for you to come. She could hardy stand still this morning waiting for you." She smile even bigger when Alice try'd to deny it, but Esme quickly hushed her and lead us inside.

Looking around, the house looked like the cover for Better Homes. The flow of the room greatly complimented the outside views, but also brought a modern touch in. It was nothing compared to the cookie-cutter house I lived in back in Florida.  Renee decorated with whatever caught her eye. My houses decorations consisted of beach themed objects that she found at second-hand stores. While Dad and Renee loved it, I thought a little more preparation and thought should go into decorating. 

"You have a lovely home Mrs.Cullen. Thank you for allowing me to stay with you to help with Bellas wedding." I said smiling at her. "Please call me Esme dear. My husband was called to the Hospital on an emergency case, so he will be back in a few hours. Rosalie and Emmett went into town for some groceries, so they will be back later also. Why don't you, Bella ,and Alice go upstairs and get settled." I nodded and Alice practically drag me up the stairs with Bella in tow. 

Alices room was something out of a Hollywood reality stars closet. Articles of clothing where strung floor to ceiling. Clothing designs hung on the wall. The room a baby pink and the clothes inside were every shade of the rainbow and more. Boots, belts, necklaces, to earrings where on every surface. "So, what do you think?" Alice said with wonder in her eyes. I looked at Alice, not finding any words to say. Seeing this she grinned. "Bella had the same reaction when I first showed her. It is a little overwhelming at first but you will get used to it." I looked around her room not seeing a key component. "Alice, is your bed?"She looked dumbstruck and then pointed to the next door down the hall. "

"This is just my closet and design room. Our room is down here." Walking down the hall I take in the views out the wall-length widows. The trees seem to go on forever. The small creek can still be seen. Alice opens the door to the room and steps in. "Cara, this is my room. we added an extra bed for you to sleep in. The dresser to the left is yours. It Bella ever whats to stay over when can all have a big slumber party." Alices eye shined at the possibility. The theme of the house continued with a window-wall but it definitely had an Alice flare to it. Half of the room was littered with clothing designs and various clothing items, but the other half was a more down to earth, homey feel. It seemed to be a total different atmosphere than what would be normally 'Alice'. I spotted some History books in the corner. Then I remembered Jasper. Jasper must have left some of his things in here. They are dating so its obvious that some of Jaspers stuff migrated in here. 

Alice was sitting on her bed looking at a design she must have been working on when I arrived. "So Car... Have you made your mind up yet?" Alice was the only person I told about how I felt. She slowly became my best friend over the last few months. I told her about me thinking of moving to Forks with Bella. Looking for Bella I turn and notice she's gone. "Bella went to Edwards room, were alone. So... you still haven't told Bella?" Glancing at Alice I shake my head. "No, I haven't. I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm not happy in Florida but, I will miss my Dad and Renee. I don't even know if Bella will want me to stay around. She seems pretty happy with Edward. I just don't want to put anyone out." Putting her design down, she swings her legs back and forth thinking. "Car, I think everything will work out. I know you don't want to leave you parents but you need to think of your own happiness. Bella would love to have you around here. She is always talking about you. If you do decide to stay then you will have Me, Bella, Charlie, and the whole family to support you. But, it's your decision." 

Thinking over what Alice said I think. 'I should try to make myself happy. Dad and Renee were married five years ago. They need time to each other. I could work in town at the hospital if I got a recommendation from Dr. Cullen, I did get my CNA in High School. I might be able to stay with Charlie for awhile to save up some money. I could make a life here. I would have Alice and Bella to support me and I could always get my RN through the local Community College. I could be happy.'  Making up my mind I turn to Alice and smile. Alice looks like she is day dreaming and I hear footsteps coming down the hall. "Alice are you okay?"  I shake her shoulder and she snaps out of it. She looks at me flabbergasted. "Alice whats wrong." The door opens and Edward and Bella step through. "Hey Cara, Alice and I need to go out. Bella is going to help you unpack and show you around town." Bella looks at Edward questioning and he just ignores her and pulls a dazed Alice out of the room. Bella turns to me, "Well that was weird."