Chapter Eleven

I can't understand what is going on around me. The pain that envelops me to my core. I feel as it pieces are missing. My heart strings kept snapping and popping. 

Out of the corner of my eye. I see Carlisle talking on the phone while staring at me. Esme held me in her arms while Alice packed ice around my body. I hadn't even noticed I had been sweating. I don't even feel hot, I feel like i'm freezing. 

I hear the voice on the other side of the line, "Carlisle, I have never seen a bond like this."  My heart leaps and the pain subsides. I can hear whimpers and whines from two different voices. The sounds of the voices comforts me. I pull myself up, only to be gently pushed back down. I try again. Carlisle sees this and moves closer to me. The gentle rumble of the male voice brings me so much comfort. I slowly lay back on the couch I was moved to. I listen to the voices and sounds. 

Carlisle needs the call and the pain comes back. I gasp and whimper. 

Carlisle gathers himself and starts spouting orders. "I will explain everything later, but first we need to get her as comfortable as possible. Jasper and Alice, gather all the towels, blankets, and pillows in the house and take them to my office. Emmett, get Esme and I's mattress and lay it in the middle of my office. Rosalie cover the windows in the office, no sunlight. Edward wake up Bella and meet us in the office. Esme, we need to move her carefully to the study without touching her skin. Any physical touch from anyone but her mates will cause her more pain."

Everyone broke apart to get their items. Carlisle came over to me, a blanket in hand. Careful not to touch any part of me that wasn't clothed. Once I was rapped like a burrito, Carlisle started the trip up the stairs. Esme in front to open any doors. I felt a sense of calm rush over me when I made eye contact with Jasper down the hall. 

Carlisle steps into the office with me still in his arms. "Okay, Rosalie and Alice, I need you to make a nest on top of the mattress. Use everything you can."

"Why?" Emmett asked.

"Do you remember after you woke up and first saw Rosalie? How you both gathered each other up in your arms. Emmett you didn't feed for three days as a newborn. A newly mated person needs to feel and be secure. Her mates will not be here until tomorrow and she is craving them."

"Why did it matter who's bed we used?" Rosalie said. 

"We just got that mattress today. No ones scent is on it. She will react badly with anything that isn't her's or her mate's. Also when they get here, they will be joining her most likely." Carlisle explained.

Emmett snarled his nose. "They don't seem like cuddlers." 

"You would surprised how a person can change around their mate." Carlisle looked lovingly at Esme. 

The mattress was covered in thick blankets. A circular wall of pillows and towels covered the bed, at least a foot and a half on each side. It looked exactly like a nest. Carlisle laid me down in the nest and piled blankets on top of me. The walls did make me feel comfortable. I remembered the painting and turned quickly to look above the door. There is hung in all its glory. Carlisle followed my eyes. He smiled and went to the wall and took it down. I whimpered because I thought he was going to take it away. 

Taking the painting from its spot, he propped it against the front of his desk beside me.

"Cara why don't you lay down? You will feel a lot better." He prompted while taking two pillows from the fort down so I could see while laying down.

Laying on my side, I look at ever detail of the painting, memorizing every detail of the men.

Carlisle turned away from me and went to a cabinet in the corner. Retrieving a large box from the bottom he walks back over. Opening it he allows me to look inside it. He pulls out a old book first. 

"This was a book gifted to me by Marcus." I grab it instantly. "He was always in his personal library. He taught me to read properly, he sparked my love for books." I looked at the book in my hands and smiled. 

Emmett calls out from the other side of the room. "Do you really think this will work Carlisle? She is only human and feeling the pull. I have never heard of that."

"I am only trying Emmett, they are good friends of mine. I care for them all. Cara is even starting to be more responsive. They will be here soon, we only need to help till they get here."

Going back into his box, Carlisle pulled out a canvas. Turning it around, I gasped. It was the three men together. It had more detail than the other. I took it carefully in my hands and longed for the men. Tears coming to my eyes. 

"This is from Caius. He is a skilled painter. He gifted this to me when I left the Volturi along with the other painting to remind me of my time there." 

Dipping his hands back into the box he pulled out a black cloak. The smell that came off it was the smell of fresh Roses and Honeydew. I grabbed it from him and brought it to my nose. 

"This is from my dear friend Aro. This was his personal cloak. The night I left the Volturi to make a life of my own he gave this to me. He gave it to me as a parting gift. He told me I was always welcome to come back and that I was family." 

Carlisle looked fondly at all the items and smile at me. 

"You are the most important thing to my dear friends. I will not leave your side until they are here. You are safe to rest. The faster you fall asleep the faster your mates will be here. I know you are confused and do not know what is happening, once they get here and you all are settled we will talk, I promise."

After he tells me this I feel more comfortable around him. I trust him to look over me. The scent coming off the cloak relieves the pain I feel. So much so my eyes get heavy. I start to drift asleep as I clutch the cloak. 

---------------

Carlisles POV-

I watch as the girl drifts to sleep clutching the cloak. In my eyes she is family now, not only because of Bella. She is the mate to the people I consider family. The Volturi is considered evil by many of our kind, and even my own family. That is simply not true, they do the job that others won't. I only left the coven because of my diet. I wished to start a coven on my own that followed my beliefs. 

As the girl began to lightly snore I heard a throat clear. My family looked to me for an explanation. I began the long story of what was happening and what Marcus had told me. 

After I finished the room was completely quiet as they processed the information. 

Emmett, as always; was the first to speak. "So, you are tell me that ALL the kings are now mates with each other and Cara? How does that even work? I thought they were brothers? Are they like sexually attracted to each other? That has got to be weird, right?"

Shaking my head, wondering how Emmett can make a joke at this. " I do not know all the details yet. Marcus is the only one that is fully responsive. Aro and Caius are currently not able to function without all their mates present. As far as I know this has never happened before. I need everyones help to do research." I paused, thinking of the immature jokes that are most likely floating around in Emmetts head. "I want everyone to be on their best behavior while they are here. That means no jokes or laughing about how they might be currently acting. A true Mating Bond is a very serious thing. I will not tolerant anything from anyone. These people are like family to me. Am I understood?"

They all nod. They have never truly serious. I can see it in their eyes, even Emmetts; that I mean business. 

..........Time Skip..........

It is nearly 11 o'clock in the morning. Every one is researching to find a similar occurrence. Nothing is coming up about a familial bond changing into a mating bond. We have found that there has been many occurrences of multiple mates, but none have started out with a familial bond. 

Cara still hasn't woken up. The more she sleeps the less she feels. According to a phone call from a guard member, the kings will be arriving soon. I just hope that they come before she wakes up.