18. The Contract

Damien POV

"Damien?!" I jumped form the sudden shout.

"Yes dad?" I asked confusedly because he seemed pale.

"Who are you fighting with now?" He asked me but that confused me even more because when he stepped down out of the gang business he totally left it. Like never asked what's going on because he thinks that's his cue to spend more time with mom.

"What do you mean?" I asked and then got worried. "Is someone threatening you?" I clenched my jaw.

"Don't answer my question with a question boy!" Dad exclaimed frustratedly.

"Alright we are just trying to shut AD's gang down and take over." I told him.

"Please tell me you are not taking her members out." He pleaded and to be honest this is creeping me out.

"Yeah to get the information out." I explained then asked, " Wait how do you know that the leader is a girl?"

"You asshole do you know what you have fucking done?" Dad shouted and I flinched. Well he still has the power to scare us.

"Dad could just calm down and explain."

"Calm down?!" He was breathing heavily. Mom came down with a disappointed expression.

"What's going on here?" She asked resting a hand in dad's shoulder which was surprisingly calming him down. He turned towards mom and hugged her.

My eyes bulged out of my sockets. Dad was never the one to show emotions so openly. I mean yes he lived us but that behind closed doors. After mom came out of her shock she realized that she now have to take the initiative.

If dad was known as the bloody king then mom was now as the bloody Queen. Gang members back from their days says that these two hated each others guts and the fact that both were equal in their works always caused fights between them. But somehow one day their hate turned into love and them joining hands caused the whole underworld to shake. It's true that there is a very thin line between love and hate.

"Will somebody explain what's all this commotion about?" I shrugged because I actually had no idea what got dad mad.

"Well your son breached a contract, he took down her members and caused some trouble for her. And apparently he claims the situation to be opposite. He could have lived in peace but this jackass couldn't take it up his ego that he could share the lands." Dad said.

"What contract?" I asked.

"Wow he doesn't even know the gangs have a peace treaty between them and attacked them without researching." He said.

"I didn't sign a peace treaty with them." I told him.

"Obviously because I did!" He was getting angry again.

"Alright who are we talking here about?" Mom asked seemingly frustrated by our crazy banter.

"Your goddaughter." Dad said and this time I think my eyes definitely popped out.

"What?!" Me and mom shouted at the same time.

~~~
Ashley POV

It's the next day which is Friday and I'm sure that the Hastings already know who AD is. I have to prepare for answering their questions because as far as they know my family had died in the explosion that happened almost 8 years ago.

I even have to tell my parents that the the Luke they adopted 3 years ago is actually their son, my twin. My promise to Luke kept me from telling my parents the truth. Actually my parents think he died in that explosion.

Luke was supposed to take the gang since he was born before me and I was supposed to be his right hand but this all changed when he 'died'.

We moved out from texas where we used to live with the Hastings. The town was divided into two one for us and one for them. Then a third party came and wanted land which we refused. War broke out it was 2vs1. At the end when they were losing the leader took off and bomb blasted the whole place. Some of us managed to escape.

My family was taken to the hospital and we had slept for long to later find out that the Hastings thought we died and they changed their location.

We thought we will also move out as like was no more with us and we needed a fresh start. Dad got the whole gang backed up and I secretly started searching my brother. You could say it was twin intuition that I felt he was still alive.

After years of looking for him I found him homeless on the streets of texas and brought him back home. He knew who I was and willingly came with me on one condition which was to not tell anybody of his real identity.

He didn't want to deal with the gang as he was mentally traumatized from the whole situation. He also told me what happened to him in those five years and his nightmares I hope nobody goes through what he did. I just hope Rose accepts him for him and they bother move in from the past.

I soon got back to reality and ate my breakfast. Then me and the gang left for school where drama awaits for us.