14. Road To The Crooked Path

The candlelight flickered in the study room. The study table was full of medicine books that it piled up like a mountain. On the desk, the beautiful young man was holding a book. Yet, his expression was getting ugly that he almost looked crumpled. Li Jie was crying with no tears as he looked up to the pile of books that Jiang Hua had given him, and he perished by just looking at it.

"I'm having a migraine already." Li Jie mumbled whilst rubbing his forehead. Luckily, he studied ancient Chinese characters back when he was fourteen. Or else, he'll come to this world empty-handed.

Li Jie sighed, thinking of how he ended up being here. Even if how many thoughts he tried to escape, but he just cannot escaped from his big brother. Jiang Hua is in the household's balcony, reading the books that he wanted to lecture Li Jie. At the same time, he was taking a glance at his room's door. He was wondering if the little brother of his was actually reading his book. Because one time, when he took a glimpse on his study table, he expected Li Jie was reading and studying. Until his perfect expectation shattered upon witnessing him snoring above his book. Not just that, he even drooled.

Who was this person? Li Jie was an obedient person and also a good, hardworking student! How come his younger brother loves slacking off lately?

'I forgot, he lost his memory.'

After that, Jiang Hua occasionally checked his study room to make sure his younger brother doesn't have time to slack off.

To be truth, when Jiang Hua heard Li Jie that he wanted to become a doctor, he couldn't help but to be rejoiced at the latter's decision. Because, for him he was Li Jie's role model. And he was proud for his younger brother that he chose this path. At the same time, he wasn't quite sure if his younger brother could achieve the same knowledge as him when he grows up to be a professional doctor like him.

For now, he will not assume something big that could make his mood disappointed. What's more important is that to make the younger brother's wish to come true.

Li Jie is right. There will be one day when they will separate because they will have their own family in the near future. If that happens, Li Jie can fight for himself and learn to survive on his own.

Jiang Hua then walked towards his room to see if his younger brother picked up his books. And to his surprise, Li Jie was reading his book now with seriousness, his heterochromia eyes sparkled just like an expanded space in the universe, full of curiosity. He just let his brother do what he wanted inside. After all, Jiang seemed satisfied after he saw his younger brother diligently reading and studying his books. That alone is enough.

On Li Jie's perspective, he was immersed by the book as he read it accidentally. He have studied ancient medicine before, but not as wide as the one that have written on this medicine book. There were many wide ranges, unlike in the modern world.

He was excited to learn all these medicine and will try making a pill, that may be a great advantage for him to sell the medicine in this era.

And he didn't forget his target mission,

Money.

If he have money, their family won't suffer any harm. And making a penicillin for the first time in the Qin era will be a huge benefit for him.

But, if he make penicillin, does that mean he was now going to replace the great scientist Alexander Fleming?

'Almighty Fleming, I didn't mean to make penicillin that is way ahead of your research but making a living is important!'

Thinking of how he could make these pills and sell these, right now the silly young man's mind was full of shiny, yellow gold and sparkling silver. This silly young man covet gold more than anything ah! The author is mad ba!