51. Pulse

"I love you too."

Love you too.

You too

Too...

Those words reverberated Li Jie's brain, feeling numb from head to toe. Delun's low and husky voice made his feet tremble, losing all his strength.

'Damn, how come this idiot so sexy?!'

Delun smiled widely as he tightened his hug from Li Jie's curvy waist, staring at his wife's dumbfounded and loving gaze. The atmosphere quickly got hot as the two hearts beat in one.

The two people in the room were entangled to each other, kissing the deepest part of their desire as their tongue tasted each other's savory. Li Jie hugged Delun's neck as Delun lifted Li Jie on the air. Li Jie circled his legs to Delun's waist as they both continued kissing in hunger.

They didn't care anymore, not even the author peeping at them.

Author: ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

It took them 10 minutes to break the kiss and both of them were panting. Their cheeks flushed as lips were awfully swollen. Their eyes misty, looking at each other as if they were the only one existed in the world.

Until...

"A-jie, you there? Come out and have a snack. Oh, let the wolf come too." Judging from the voice, it should be his brother Cheung Chao. Chao ge had a soothing and mellow voice which it suited him quite well.

"We'll continue this tonight." Li Jie said and pecked Delun's lips. Delun was unwilling to put Li Jie down but he had to because his wife's brother might break his neck.

Even though his 'little brother' was impatient and seemed angry, Delun sucked a mouthful of air and put his beautiful wife down.

But, a certain person saw the other's discomfort and just lighted a bulb in his head.

"don't worry, later today, I'll let you do what you want. But..." Li Jie's hand ran down from Delun's chest to Delun's crotch. Delun widened his eyes and looked at Li Jie's seductive face. His 'little tsundere brother' got angry as a certain person pinched him and immediately got hard.

"This is your punishment, the time you worked there and you didn't even send me a letter! So, stay hard there till night honey, mwah!" And so, Li Jie left Delun in the room, hard and uneasy.

Delun felt the massive torture his 'little brother' experienced that he himself got a hard time to control. So, he chanted the Buddhist sutra to control himself.

On the other hand, Li Jie was over the moon as he followed his brother to the dining room. Chao ge noticed his happiness and sighed, lovesick people surely don't know how to behave themselves. Not that he heard them talking but...

It seemed like he heard them inadvertently.

He wasn't eavesdropping them okay? Believe him!

"A-jie really loves him so much that you turn into fool, hmm?" Chao ge said teasingly as Li Jie looked at him and continued to smile foolishly.

"Uh-huh!" Li Jie replied honestly making Cheung Chao's lips twitched. Sure enough, his brother was hopeless.

"Well I know, stop smiling already. You're going to hurt your mouth. Eh? Why didn't your husband come with you?" Cheung Chao asked as he looked back. Li Jie glanced at his brother and said, "He's tired with his job. He should rest."

But a certain husband couldn't rest, because his 'little tsundere brother' kept getting angry even after Li Jie left. Delun cried with no tears.
.
.
.
.
"Is everything prepared?" The Emperor asked with caution as the royal guard hesitatingly nodded.

"Your Majesty, I'm afraid that my family will be affected from this crisis. You know that Li Jie is the General's wife right? I couldn't help but worrying for him." Chang Bao said as he knitted his brows. Clenching his fist in frustration, he put on his mask and adjusted his clothes.

"Don't worry, I trust Delun. Everything will be fine." Emperor Wang said reassuringly and patted Chang Bao's shoulder. But, no matter how the Emperor persuaded him, he couldn't managed to trust that idiot anymore for all that he'd done.

"Your Majesty, why did you trust the General so much?" Chang Bao asked coldly. His lips frowned in disgust as he scoffed on how the Emperor treated Delun with trust.

"He's my friend, you know that. And, you are also the first one who told us that Delun's a good person. But, I'm just curious why you two were so distant those past few years. What exactly happened?" Emperor Wang had kept pondering why the two broke bonds with each other. They were so close when they are young, but it all shattered as they grew up. Emperor Wang questioned them both, but they just shook their heads and changed the topic.

No one seemed to bring that thing again.

"There are some secrets that shouldn't be spoken and shouldn't reveal to the world. If so, absolute bonds will be severed. Sorry Your Majesty."

'If I tell you, I'm afraid that you're going to kill that man. But, I can't bear to see my little brother sad. If that man dies, I will not dare to imagine the circumstances.'

'If he dies, I...'

Emperor Wang sighed. He knows, those two will solve their matters someday. But, why couldn't they just tell him? They were friends, weren't they?

However, Emperor Wang believed that everything has a reason. And he wasn't one of the people who should know about it. 

Not waiting for the Emperor's signal, Chang Bao rushed outside and went for his mission.
.
.
.
.
Chang Bao's chest felt heavy. It was like he had been carrying heavy shackles right from his feet. Looking back at the Emperor and the esteemed Empress, guilt rushed from his spine.

Delun changed, yes, but so what? It was undeniable that he still did something unforgivable to them. Amd what's worst is that, he didn't even knew, and couldn't managed to bring that up to them.

What will happen if he told them? What if Li Jie knew the truth? What will he do then?

What would be the outcome for that?

Chang Bao calmed himself and steadied his mindset as he set off from the palace. He also sensed that someone was following him, not one but two.

He already knew those people. Thinking that it was his father and an unknown person, he scowled even more thinking that his mood turned bitter.

Chen Guang and Jiao-long were few meters apart from Chang Bao, acting like shadow guards. Chen Guang was old but his skills didn't rust. It was the same as always though he indeed got a bit slow because of his age. Jiao-long, as the only member of the Crimson Beetle followed his captain's orders to monitor his son's actions. That if Chang Bao might be suspected, Jiao-long would do his job to help Chang Bao from his mission.

'This was also for Young Madame's sake, I will do my best just for Young Madame to be safe.' This was indeed Jiao-long's goal.

No matter how he tried to forget Li Jie from his heart and mind, but still, his heart would always beat for him and his mind yearned for him.
.
.
.
.
Inside the Wei's infirmary, Li Wei's wound managed to clot but he was still in a coma. Li Jie visited his only servant after he ate a snack his Chao ge prepared for him.

Li Jie looked at Li Wei and felt that something wasn't right. He should have at least wake up in five days. But, it has been a week.

Li Jie furrowed his brows and checked his pulse.

"No..." Li Jie furrowed his brows in anticipation as he checked his pulse.

His pulse was slowly decelerating and was barely noticeable. Li Wei's skin was cold as ice and pale.

"Hua-ge, come here quickly! Something's wrong with A-wei!"

.
.
.
.
A/N: Hiraki sama here! I didn't even know that it reached 18k+ views here. Thank you everyone for giving this book a chance despite its flaws and incorrect grammars. I am delightfully glad that you like this story.

And I'm sorry that it takes a long time to update since I really am not emotionally well these days.