31. Scheme

Among the nine ministers, only three were the only loyal to the Emperor, and that is the minister of education, Zhang Wei, minister of coachmen Wei Chun Fai, and the chief censor Chen Guang. Chen Guang was known for his manipulative mind, tricky as an old fox. He was also a good gossiper, but also a well-hidden spy. Because of his meek and harmless behavior, one could doubtlessly tell that the man was a kung fu master. Zhang Wei as what the people would've guessed, was an upright gentleman and was considered a sunny personality. But this gentleman was not the one you could afford to mess with.

Amidst the powerful families in the Qin era apart from the Emperor's family, the clan of Zhang was known as the third most powerful families after the Feng Clan.

Wei Chun Fai was neutral, he never took any sides. As long as where the powerful side upheld, then Chun Fai undoubtedly stood there. And now that his son Wei Haoxuan became the first male Empress in the state of Qin, it's normal that he would take sides with his son. Wei clan was the fourth most powerful family among the powerful families in the Qin era.

Although he was considered loyal, the Emperor still wary because of this. Just because he was his father in-law, he would trust him completely. Although Chen Guang was considered tricky, at least he took the side wholeheartedly, and considered loyal. However, Chun Fai never took any sides. The Emperor never know what is going on inside his head either. But, he knows that he valued his son a lot. He can't make him unhappy.

And besides, Chun Fai didn't really like Liu Ming.

And as what they've plan, Chen Guang played a role as Liu Ming's trusted acquaintance. Now, the corrupted officials gathered on Liu Ming's house to make their nasty plan.

In the round table of mahogany, seven ministers gathered around the table and arguing their opinions, their plans, as well as the Emperor's fall. Chen Guang was casually sipping his tea and listened to all of their blabbering.

"You all know that the treasures hidden in the basement comes from the palace, and it should be placed in the palace! Do you even realized that the Emperor might have suspected us?" The minister of herald, Rong Qi said.

"Of course! Everyone here knows that the General kept busying himself towards the border. If the Emperor didn't found out then he is not called an Emperor!" The Minister of finance, Hui Tang said.

"Good for you, you have a brain." Chen Guang said as he sneered at them. Liu Ming believed that Chen Guang would be a good use to him since he assumed that Chen Guang will rebel against the Emperor. Unfortunately for him, he was not a mind reader.

Everyone looked at Chen Guang who was minding his own business. They looked at him disdainfully and snorted coldly. What will a mere Chen would possibly do in this kind of situation? Well, they also looked down on him since Chen Guang was at the lowest powerful families in the Qin if he hadn't married the noble lady of Wei, Wei Haoxuan's cousin.

"Then, do you have something in mind?" The minister of ceremonies had said, looking at him as if he was a stain in someone's clothes.

"If you have a brain, you should have realized earlier that all your plans have been exposed by His Majesty. Who would plan such childish way to get all the riches that should be in the palace? If I were you I will only use the subjects to get on my side and strengthen my knife. Then the remaining problem should be easy, am I right?" Chen Guang explained, and the whole room quieted. The ministers processed what Chen Guang had said, their eyes glimmered at Chen Guang's idea.

Chen Guang inwardly snickered, looks like they were all airheads. Chen Guang looked at Liu Ming and smiled faintly.

"Minister Liu, what do you think?" Judging from Liu Ming's attitude, he will surely agree with the idea. Because, he was desperate when it comes to power and reputation. His house may seemed a bit dithery lately. After the gory scenario happened on his daughter's window, his beloved daughter looked like she developed some kind of mental sickness. She was hiding in her room all the time, refused to go outside.