18. Blizzard

“You have to pay taxes or you are going to live in the streets!”

“But, w-we paid the h-half of our income to you. We don't have any money left for our family!” The lady with ragged clothes said, kneeling pitifully in front of the tax collector along with her family who was standing behind her back. Her family consists of one daughter that looks like a five year old and twin brothers that looks like twelve year old kids. The kids cried seeing their mother kneeling in the ground asking for forgiveness. But, they couldn't even do anything. Her occupation was a fish vendor and she sells fish in the market everyday for a living. She had paid the land taxes, but the tax kept increasing every month. Not just her who suffered, but a lot of people with low background as well.

Li Jie, along with Delun who was accompanying his ‘wife’ buying groceries to their supper, was deeply felt angered to the maximum level that he wanted to skin the collector alive. Thanks to him that he cannot buy delicious fish for dinner. He really craved to eat fish since it was his favorite ever since he was a young toddler. But now, it seems like he cannot fulfill his long time wish. All of his brothers were coming home tonight. And for his family and to the annoying j*** who was accompanying him to the market, he'll make sure that all their tummies will be filled with food. However, his temper risen as he saw a ruthless task collector that made a haggard looking lady kneeled to his feet.

‘Who do you think he is?! A God?!’ Li Jie screamed inside his thoughts and killing the man inside his head. Li Jie really hated seeing how low people groveling to the ground and asking for mercy for those people that had corrupted minds. This reminds him of his mother in the past. Li Jie looked at the General resentfully and Delun who was carrying the basket of groceries felt shivers to his skin. Delun then lowered his gaze to the beautiful man with an eye patch and pursed his lips. He knows what he was thinking.

“You are the General right? Why are you just standing there and just looking at the suffering mother?” Li Jie said coldly. The arctic air he just released could even turn the place into a winter blizzard. He can't stand seeing this kind of people who was already suffering to live. It makes him really smothered.

“I can't do anything about it too.” Delun said, with a hint of guilt flashed his eyes. He too was uncomfortable seeing the inharmonious episode, however he cannot really do anything to his own accord. He heaved a sigh and shook his head, then he grabbed the beautiful young man's hand to drag him out of the place. However, Li Jie hesitated, then a playful smirk glistered on his face. Delun thought, no matter what the other was is thinking, he swears that he was up to no good.

“Delun, do you have silver left?” Li Jie asked the handsome man in a cute way. Delun hesitated to nod but anyways he still did it. Li Jie then continued to act cute in front of Delun so he could make the handsome man lend his wallet to him.

“Can you…give me your wallet? Please? You are rich don't you? Give this young man a spare hmm? Hmm?” Delun originally didn't want Li Jie to involve in such a messy situation, but his hand moved even quicker than his mind and lend him his wallet because he was scared if he made the fluffy adorable Li Jie cry.

“Thank you Darling!” Li Jie teased the General and shamelessly giggled inside his head. It seems that he found a new talent. Delun's face was somewhat expressionless yet his ears were crimson red from the latter’s actions towards him. Li Jie loosened the grip on his hand and strove his steps into where the commotion happened.

“Why there's so many dogs around? Ah! They have been barking in the market since in the morning. Do all of your tongues didn't grow tired ba?” the collectors who were annoyed at Li Jie's sentiment turned their gazes where the sound settled. And they were shocked seeing the beautiful young man whose left eye was covered in a patch. The collectors were in an urge to laugh looking at the person who mocked them.